ADVERTISEMENT

TAMU at Kentucky (1)

Pissed....blew it, 3rd straight SEC series loss......still i hope they don't have a hangover tomorrow from this loss......can't get swept here

I'm sorry, but you have a runner on base a d your best hitter at the needing a run to tie...you DO NOT sacrifice him and give him up to an easy out. That's twice today you bunt in a stupid situation.

One of the few power hitters in the lineup. Could win you the game with 1 swing and we bunt him. Absolutely inexcusable.

Yep. The only way this team will host and have any possible success in the tournament is if Mingione locks himself in a closet. This is an utter disaster.

Regardless you don't bunt your best hitter in the 9th when he can win it with the swing of a bat.

Plus bunting into three outs (which I have never ever seen before) in the 2nd inning of game 1 when the T A&M pitcher walked three batters, and we only got one damn run. Just really stupid managing there. There is a reason why conventional wisdom is conventional, because it usually works more often than not. "If you play for one run, then one is all you get", isn't that what Earl Weaver used to say?

Bottom line is we just don’t have the talent of the teams we have played from LSU forward. Add some questionable coaching and it’s a recipe for disaster. I still think we are a decent team, just not elite like LSU, Florida, Vandy, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT