ADVERTISEMENT

Seeding

Jan 5, 2018
Apologize if this has already been discussed. What happens if we beat TAMU, Bama, and Tennessee. Can we get a 2?

Say we get the first or second three seed. Who are some possible 2nd round opponents ?
Assuming chalk and things hold up about where they are now (which they won't):

Wisconsin, Utah State, Washington State, Dayton, Clemson, Nevada.

South Carolina and Florida are also in that range but they'll avoid an early SEC rematch.

The SECT final has never mattered for seeding.

The Committee has told us multiple times their work is done before that game ends.

It only matters if a finalist needs the win to get in the field, and they have a contingency bracket ready for that.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
I have always felt the Sunday Final doesn't matter in Seeding so a #3 is as High as the Cats can get. Need to win the Friday game at least to secure that ( IMO)

The SECT final has never mattered for seeding.

The Committee has told us multiple times their work is done before that game ends.

It only matters if a finalist needs the win to get in the field, and they have a contingency bracket ready for that.
Which is comedy given they spend time creating a contingency bracket for a winner to get in the field, but spend no time creating a contingency for seeding based on the SECT final results. I know getting in for those teams that need that win to do so is pretty important, but seeding can be pretty important to the team that wins, also.

I have always felt the Sunday Final doesn't matter in Seeding so a #3 is as High as the Cats can get. Need to win the Friday game at least to secure that ( IMO)
No need to feel it, it's fact. The committee has stated many times publicly that they have seeds and regions decided after the Saturday games. Sunday only matters for teams needing the win to get in.

Definitely can't count on the SEC Championship game helping us.

Best case scenario: We beat Texas AM and either Florida or Bama. That would be 2 more Quad 1 wins.

I've seen us anywhere from the 10th overall seed to the 12th overall seed. To get to a 2, we need some help. We need the following not to also get 2 Quad 1 wins in their tournaments:

Marquette
Baylor
Creighton
Iowa State
Duke

Iowa State and Baylor play each other in the Big 12 tournament if they both win.
Marquette and Creighton play each other in the Big East Tournament if they both win.

It's likely 2 of those teams wind up with 2 good wins to stay ahead of us. We really need them to get upset.

I've seen some brackets with Duke ahead of us. I've seen some with Duke behind us. Duke potentially gets a 3rd game in since their championship game is Saturday. It won't be Quad 1. But they could get 2 Quad 1's plus a 3rd win. Would help if they just lose to Virginia or Clemson in the Semi-Finals.

Kansas should be behind us. HD is going to miss time. And The committee is going to drop them because of it.

Assuming chalk and things hold up about where they are now (which they won't):

Wisconsin, Utah State, Washington State, Dayton, Clemson, Nevada.

South Carolina and Florida are also in that range but they'll avoid an early SEC rematch.

So basically Wisconsin. We see you licking your chops committee.

• Haha
Reactions: Runnin'Ramel
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT