ADVERTISEMENT

take zona out and this is the easiest bracket UK has ever had

We are Kentucky. Some of y'all would do well to remember that and act like it instead of being so GD paranoid and scared.

Happens every year.

Can't believe we have to play undefeated Wichita St in the 2nd rd...

OMG, UCLA with Lonzo Ball in the Sweet 16...

Ohio St in the Sweet 16 is brutal..

There's no way we can beat Iowa St with Royce White...

Bunch of little girls around here.

Thankfully the men will have much more heart than some of the fans here do.

Reactions: CB3UK
Cane come on the pumping of every issue is ridiculous. You say every bracket we get is easy, I remember. I know you're trying to remain spinpositive, but get real.

It is not an easy bracket, it's a killer bracket for UK. We do not matchup well against Arizona and Virginia is a sound talented one seed who's been tested.

How anyone with a decent pair of eyes could call this an easy bracket is beyond me.

exactly. UVA is the easiest ( in terms of match up ) sweet 16 game ever under cal minus the 10' tourney when we played an ivy league school I can't remember ( maybe Cornell?)
They’re a more athletic version of Wisconsin IMO. Comparing them to that Cornell team is a very big understatement.

Cane come on the pumping of every issue is ridiculous. You say every bracket we get is easy, I remember. I know you're trying to remain spinpositive, but get real.

It is not an easy bracket, it's a killer bracket for UK. We do not matchup well against Arizona and Virginia is a sound talented one seed who's been tested.

How anyone with a decent pair of eyes could call this an easy bracket is beyond me.
Some people on here erroneously believe they look smart by going against the consensus opinion.

Then why did we go to the NIT in 2013? All rules are made up. Crazy how much they contradict themselves.

The chairman said Oklahoma got in based on their performance early in the year, then right after that said another team (cant remember who) got in because of their late run.

It's real simple, the first thing they need to do is stop lying. They manipulate the bracket based on personal bias and financial incentive. Just admit it, the ACC was an eyelash of getting 10 teams in, that's absurd.

After that, get the academics out of the room. The suits are data guys, they do not understand the intimate parts of the game and misinterpret the data. The process of operation is ridiculous because of these factors. In government, the staff of the person in office collect and analyze the data, then hand it to the politician, who makes policy. What we do in college basketball is allow the data runners to make the policy, it's got to stop to be more effective.

Former coaches, former players who have a career inside of the sport etc should be forming the bracket.

Accountants, business administration, and journalism degree's need to be dismissed from the committee.

Snap back to reality.......

Last edited:
They been using win/loss bins forever now.
They just improved it this season by counting away/neutral games more heavily.

It's wins and losses. Not sure how arbitrary that is.

Then why introduce the new quadrant bs variable into it, and what happens when you have an over ranked conference and an under ranked conference by the same decision makers and talking heads? Far too incestous. It's a conveniently and constantly moving target. Take the season ending AP poll #1 thru # 68 and seed them straight down the line. Better yet, create a computer algorithm (that stays the same every year) and let it decide. Way too much human bias, favoritism, and subjectivity at work here. Sorry, I'm not going to be convinced that Kentucky playing AZ in the 2nd round and the number 1 overall seed in the 3rd round( if they get that far) is even remotely fair to us or them. Much less being in the same region with the other SEC title contender. I see the screws get put to us almost every year and I'm sick of it.
(not yelling at you, I just needed to vent)

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Then why introduce the new quadrant bs variable into it, and what happens when you have an over ranked conference and an under ranked conference by the same decision makers and talking heads? Far too incestous. It's a conveniently and constantly moving target. Take the season ending AP poll #1 thru # 68 and seed them straight down the line. Better yet, create a computer algorithm (that stays the same every year) and let it decide. Way too much human bias, favoritism, and subjectivity at work here. Sorry, I'm not going to be convinced that Kentucky playing AZ in the 2nd round and the number 1 overall seed in the 3rd round( if they get that far) is even remotely fair to us or them. Much less being in the same region with the other SEC title contender. I see the screws get put to us almost every year and I'm sick of it.
I agree with you on the computer algorithm. I thought the same thing my self. Seed them based on the computer and stick to the S-curve. It wouldn’t be perfect and you could tweak it year to year as necessary. But it couldn’t do any worse than these clowns are currently doing and it would get rid of all the real and perceived favoritism.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Davidson is the A-10 champion.

Arizona is one of the 3 most talented teams in the country and PAC 12 regular season and tournament champions.

Virginia is ranked first in the nation with 2 losses.

Cincinnati is ranked like 7th in the country.

That's brual.
This is the NCAAT , everyone has to beat good teams. I will take Davidson all day, I will take Cincy as the 2 seed, hell to the yeah. Va is beatable, U6 showed us that, we arent going to get Murray, Morehead, Eastern and Georgia to get to the FF

I don't understand people acting like this is a good draw for us and then proceeding to act like anyone who complains is a little girl or stupid. Do you know why UK fans complain about this every year? Because we have pretty much gotten screwed every year since Cal came to UK we haven't had 1 favorable bracket. It makes a difference. Duke has 2 titles since 2010 from cakewalk brackets.

Also, I guess Cal must be an idiot/little gurk as well since he just went and complained on national TV about how we get screwed every year.

Reactions: gojvc
People are being paranoid. Look at our region. Easy af minus Zona. You are going to play good teams at some point. Sure UK should of been a 4 seed but I was making fun of people saying we were a 6 seed. A 5 seed is reasonable.

Was it this post here?

We are a 4 seed now. I think we have better shot at a 3 then a 5 but both are unlikely now.

Agree. Do folks expect us to play cupcakes?
People expect UK to be seeded properly, then to have possible opponents set not according to potential highlight TV match-ups, but by the same procedures that seem to be used for just about everyone not named Kentucky.

Here's where UK, and UK's 2nd and 3rd round opponents have finished in the Massey Ratings, a compilation of different power rating systems (besides the asinine RPI). The 2018 post-conference tourney ratings aren't available yet, but I guarantee you that Va is #1 overall. Arizona will be in the 4 seed range, but then again, so will UK.

I understand they don't use the Massey ratings for seeding, but they probably should, because the way they seed now is completely untrustworthy and totally open to manipulation for the sake of match-ups they want to create. Previous years:

17- UK 3, Wichita State 18, UCLA 12. So, Wichita State was a 5 seed that UK had to play in the 2nd round. UCLA was seeded properly per Massey, but then, UK should have been a 1.

16- UK 9, IU 15, UNC 3. UK should have been a 3, but instead got a 5 that should have been a 4, and then would have faced a 1 seed.

15- Nothing too outrageous, but of course, UK was on the same side of the FF bracket as Wisconsin, which finished #2 overall to UK's 1.

14- UK was 20, Wichita 4, UL 5. That kind speaks for itself. It appears like they screwed both UK and UL 2 seed spots to insure that they got a Sweet 16 game that was either UK/UL, or a rematch of a FF game from the previous year.

12- IU finished 10, meaning IU was moved down a spot. How convenient, since that led to a rematch of one of the best games of the regular season that year.

11- UK 12, West Virginia 20, OSU 1. UK should have been a 3, but by getting put at 4, got a rematch with the team that beat them in 10, and a game against the #1 overall seed.

10- Interesting thing is that Texas, UK's 8 seed, was 21, and a team that had spent time at #1 in the polls that season (though they were disintegrating at the end, and went out in the 1st round). And of course, UK got WVa, the highest-rated 2 seed, despite UK being #2 overall (Massey and NCAA seeding).

The argument that people like you seem to be making is that we should just trust the selection committee, and that every team is going to have to play tough games anyway. But given the facts I've just shown, why should we trust that the selection committee is unbiased? There is a clear, clear pattern throughout the entire time Cal has been the UK coach, and it's not a pattern that works in UK's favor. So either the seeding system is messed up (yes), or the people involved in the seeding process are being influenced by factors (like potential big-interest match-ups) that aren't supposed to be part of the seeding process (yes again).

We've got to beat two final four level teams just to make the elite 8. It's f****** ridiculous and it's getting old. Of the 8 or so teams with legitimate title hopes, two are placed in the same side of our region. If you count UK as a contender as well, that's 3/9 clumped together. 33% of the favorites crammed into 12.5% of the bracket.

Take out a 2nd round game against the most talented #4 seed in the field and a potential 3rd round matchup against the overwhelming #1 team in the tournament and it's a cakewalk. Wow, the NCAA really loves Cal..

Reactions: Mr_GG

The quadrant system was introduced because they realized that a W over the 30th ranked team at home isn't the same as a W over the 30th ranked team on the road.

They are correct in that regard.

The quadrant system is just replacing 1-50, 51-100 etc etc and making it more accurate.

UNC and Duke are #2 seeds from the ACC and UVa makes it look easy with 2 losses.

I like that we are improving but UVa would handle Tennessee or Auburn easily, IMO

We get a game where Richards or Diallo deliver an overall negative or Knox disappears and we go home - and that's starts with Davidson.

If we get to play AZ, I think our gaurd play will win that game .Other than inexperience, we have the best. Our bigs (minus Nick) are good enough. Our team is peaking at the right time other than Diallo and Richards. The rest of them have improved greatly! I like our chances. Honestly the refs might be our biggest obstacle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT