ADVERTISEMENT

take zona out and this is the easiest bracket UK has ever had

Sucks having to play ZOna in the 2nd round as they are really a 3 seed and we are really a 4 seed but I don't mind getting the hardest game of the tourney out of the way early. I truly think Zona vs Uk is a final 4 game berth in a way. We match up amazing with UVA and cincy.
It's not a final 4 game birth. It's a second round final 4 game. We did not get an easy bracket. At all. Look at UNC's, it's comical.

Its all about match ups. UVA is the easiest 1 seed we could have. Cincy is a team we should beat by 20 . Miami is a joke most of the time. We just beat UT . Zona is the 1 hard game. But if we win this looks so good.

Virginia and Cincinnati play the style of game which is difficult to adjust to for a young team. You can't make mistakes against a team which is going to slow the ball down and reduce the overall possessions in the game. These two schools are the worst match-ups in the entire tournament for Kentucky's youth. That said, Kentucky will roll Arizona. They have no point guard.

I'm just pissed about being in the South region ,but having to play in Freaking BOISE,IDAHO? Come'on,yet UNC plays in Charlotte as usual

Ayton is really hitting his stride and Arizona is FAR from a one-man show. Yes, we handled Georgia's Maten but, the difference in Ayton and Maten is huge. Zona has another big guy (Ristich I think?) who is probably in the same ballpark with Maten. So, that's two bigs we would have to handle. Just don't think we have the horses to do it. Very tough draw for us.

Sucks having to play ZOna in the 2nd round as they are really a 3 seed and we are really a 4 seed but I don't mind getting the hardest game of the tourney out of the way early. I truly think Zona vs Uk is a final 4 game berth in a way. We match up amazing with UVA and cincy.
UVA has lost two games...very disciplined team and well coached...I don't see how they do what they do with their recruiting not bein the greatest.

Its all about match ups. UVA is the easiest 1 seed we could have. Cincy is a team we should beat by 20 . Miami is a joke most of the time. We just beat UT . Zona is the 1 hard game. But if we win this looks so good.
If you think UVA is easier than Kansas you either haven’t watched any basketball this year or you’re completely clueless, or both. Hell, we damn near beat Kansas when our guys barely knew what was going on and we didn’t have JV.

Tough draw, but I was honestly expecting a 6-seed with MSU as our 3 and UNC as our 2. Plus you never know how teams will come to play in the tourney. I’m just glad that we’re playing well.

Correct me if I’m wrong. The # 1 overall seed has the easiest 2 seed 3 seed and so on. Are they saying we are the easiest 5 seed in the tourney by putting us in the south with Ginny as the overall 1
No they have the easiest 2 but hardest 3 easiest 4 but hardest 5.. sobwe are the top 5 seed.. idk how zona is the bottom 4 seed tho

Correct me if I’m wrong. The # 1 overall seed has the easiest 2 seed 3 seed and so on. Are they saying we are the easiest 5 seed in the tourney by putting us in the south with Ginny as the overall 1
Not quite. Runs like a snake draft. #1 gets easiest 2 toughest 3 easiest 4 toughest 5 etc. theoretically that gives “worst” two the toughest three. And worst four the toughest five. So that would make U.K. #17. However after a few seed lines that breaks down as they consider travel and having played etc.

Virginia doesn’t play pretty basketball to most (they do to me, because I am a sucker for a good defensive team) but they simply win. They find ways to win games.

Their Pack Line is going to make It tough driving the ball in the paint (that’s what it’s designed to do). And we don’t have someone like Davis or Towns that can catch high-low passes or finish lobs. We shoot well from 3, we have a shot. We don’t, we lose.

This is assuming we find a way to keep Ayton under control.

I never completely count out a Cal team in March though. We shall see.

DYCyDweVQAAyR2j.jpg

Aside from Zona, it's not horrible. We avoid the teams the NCAA slurps (Duke, UNC), we avoid some upstarts like Michigan, We avoid the talented teams that could figure it out like TAMU. And our 3 seed, Tennesee, is clearly a step back from Kentucky at this point.

Aside from Zona, it's not horrible. We avoid the teams the NCAA slurps (Duke, UNC), we avoid some upstarts like Michigan, We avoid the talented teams that could figure it out like TAMU. And our 3 seed, Tennesee, is clearly a step back from Kentucky at this point.
Just in case you didn’t hear, our third game will be against the Number 1 team in the nation.

Reactions: Mr_GG and Xception
Just in case you didn’t hear, our third game will be against the Number 1 team in the nation.

I'd rather play Virginia than Duke, UNC, or Nova.. I'm not trying to down play them, but they are very one-sided, and are habitual choke-artists in the tournament.

Kentucky fares well outside of their conference.. teams like Virginia, Duke and Kansas don't.

exactly. UVA is the easiest ( in terms of match up ) sweet 16 game ever under cal minus the 10' tourney when we played an ivy league school I can't remember ( maybe Cornell?)
Yes, 2010 was Cornell. Higgins was on the whistle and it was a horribly officiated game and close even to the final 90 seconds despite the final score. Wonder if it mattered 2 days later when we fell to WVU?

People are being paranoid. Look at our region. Easy af minus Zona. You are going to play good teams at some point. Sure UK should of been a 4 seed but I was making fun of people saying we were a 6 seed. A 5 seed is reasonable.

Is a 2 seed for UNC reasonable? Almost the same record as us plus we played in the as hard if not hardest league in the country.

Bunch of scared, negative Nancy's around here. Our team is figuring things out quickly and our ceiling is high. Sure, we could lose any game but really, right now, who really wants us in their bracket?

Happens every year.

Can't believe we have to play undefeated Wichita St in the 2nd rd...

OMG, UCLA with Lonzo Ball in the Sweet 16...

Ohio St in the Sweet 16 is brutal..

There's no way we can beat Iowa St with Royce White...

Bunch of little girls around here.

Is a 2 seed for UNC reasonable? Almost the same record as us plus we played in the as hard if not hardest league in the country.

I'm actually more mad about those cheating turds getting their easy draw than our hard draw. Clearly they will never pay for their transgressions

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT