ADVERTISEMENT

Swanigan ... Hearing good things

I was skeptical because I didn't think the kid was seriously considering UK.

I am starting to believe he might come because I trust Dave Kearsey, and don't think he'd put it out there unless he believed it.

Fair enough answer?

Well, spell his name right if you trust him. :)

Yep, could happen fairly quickly with Caleb, and consensus says he's a Cat. We'll soon see.

It's always good to see more confidence in our recruiting efforts from those who follow it closer than others.
I wish you had been right on your opinion that we were getting Kennard! I really wanted him badly.
Oh well.

Reactions: brianpoe
Any update from your source, C8TS?

No ... I have not spoken to him lately. I will try to contact him today.

Like others have said, these kids in this class are very odd, so anything can happen (look even at Terrence Jones), but from my understanding, it was UK last week without a doubt - 99% certain. I hope that stays true.

Jason, no, if anything, this year I went on record that it could be we'd wind up with virtually none of the big targets. I thought we might get Zimmerman, but the rest, it looked less than even odds to bleak. I had Newman at even odds and Brown at probably not gonna happen.

I don't have a direct line anymore, but I know who does, and we've talked this morning. Swanigan, hell, he could end up at Drexel, but, without hiring Emeril, UK feels good. So right now, it's most likely either Purdue or Kentucky, and it looks like UK at this moment.

It's always good to see more confidence in our recruiting efforts from those who follow it closer than others.
I wish you had been right on your opinion that we were getting Kennard! I really wanted him badly.
Oh well.

I don't think anybody could be blamed for missing Kennard, I mean he was a life long UK fan! I just wish he waited until after his senior year to make a decision and he would have seen the opportunity he had here with Booker gone and Newman not signing here. The really good but not great players have a legit concern about not cracking the rotation when we have had so much success in the past reeling in great players here. It's basically the double edged sword of outstanding recruiting that presents players like Vick from wanting to take that chance. With that said, I'm happy with the elite NBA level talent we bring in instead regardless how the rest of this class shapes up.

time to pin this. he can't announce until it reaches a 100 pages. for maximum effect.

MJ seems to think if we get Swanigan, we will be done. Like we won't keep pursuing Murray, but I don't get that. Why would CS change things with Murray?

MJ seems to think if we get Swanigan, we will be done. Like we won't keep pursuing Murray, but I don't get that. Why would CS change things with Murray?
Makes no sense to me. Both great players playing different positions. He also said UK was looking good for both. If that's the case, no disrespect to Swanigan, but I'd rather have Murray.

I was going to suggest maybe because of amount of schollies Cal wants open for next yr. But that logic fails cause Murray is a OAD and Swanigan prolly isnt. So, Im with you. Doesn't make sense to me. If we can get both, hammer down and lock em up!!

I thought maybe he was alluding to Cal not wanting to play so many players (platoon-ish) another season, but even that wouldn't make sense. You still go after the best players if you can get them. Some guys are going to ride the bench, just the way it is. 7-8 man rotation is what's needed next season.

I would go hard after Murray and make Matthews, Willis and Mulder fight for minutes. Losers sit.

Using his logic, if Vick had committed to UK instead of KU yesterday, we wouldn't recruit Swanigan anymore. What?

There's no way in hell we won't take both Murray and Swanigan if they both want to come. Why wouldn't we? We wouldn't be out of scholly's would we? Even if we were, Cal would find a way for it to work out. Don't understand MJ's thinking on that.

There's no way in hell we won't take both Murray and Swanigan if they both want to come. Why wouldn't we? We wouldn't be out of scholly's would we? Even if we were, Cal would find a way for it to work out. Don't understand MJ's thinking on that.
We have like 4 scholarships

Hearing miss state now in with Swanigan....no way somebody isnt going on probation with this goofy class

If Swanigan is involving more schools that tells me that he is not dead set on the schools he is supposedly down to. He wants to hear from some coaches that tickles his ear.

Is Ben Howland telling him that he'll be the next Kevin Love?
Not too sure how Swanigan to Mississippi State would make sense.

I hate this class regardless of what happens. I hope that Vegas crook does get some of these guys, they travel the world, and lose every game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT