ADVERTISEMENT

Swanigan ... Hearing good things

Wow ... this is shocking news. Sorry guys, I still stand by my guy (been very reliable up to this point). I will check and see what happened over the last couple of days.

is Your Guy and My Guy the Same Guy?

images

Apparently something went down. All I know is UK was a BIG time leader last week.

What went down, most likely, is you're dealing with the emotions of an 18 year old kid in a firestorm. You may very well have a very good, reliable source who knew what he was talking about. But that just proves the point: doesn't matter how good the source is, because a kid in that situation can and often does change his mind in the most unpredictable ways. It's why I talk all predictions about recruiting with a grain of salt.....

Let's just say the people around him really screwed this kid. He wanted to come to UK but was heavily influenced by others. He should have picked for himself and not to make others happy. It's how recruiting goes.

I have my doubts.

Swanigan picks MSU over Cal and Purdue, UK not in final 3.
Swanigan decommits from MSU.
All of the sudden, UK is a heavy favorite for Swanigan?
Swanigan commits to Purdue.

This has every inkling of "we mentioned UK to get some extra exposure, but never intended on seriously considering them, like we didn't from the start.

It's almost like people out there enjoy torturing much of our fan base by just mentioning UK with any available player. Cal may have missed on a few players, but I have a hard time seeing any proof that Swanigan was legitimately one of them.

I will keep posting and everyone can believe or not believe me. I have thick skin. lol
If I get information, I will post it.

Reactions: augustaky1
I will keep posting and everyone can believe or not believe me. I have thick skin. lol

Thanks. This board would be very boring if everyone who got bits and pieces of information quit posting because of the backlash they get if they turn out to be wrong. If I ever stumbled upon or had a good source on a recruit I'd think twice before posting it on this board.

Apparently something went down. All I know is UK was a BIG time leader last week.

Lmao

Purdue has been the leader the whole time. From the moment he Decommitted from Michigan State, his handler/guardian had already convinced the kid to go to Purdue.

Seriously man, put the shovel down.

Lmao

Purdue has been the leader the whole time. From the moment he Decommitted from Michigan State, his handler/guardian had already convinced the kid to go to Purdue.

Seriously man, put the shovel down.

Nope

I'd say that's a pretty fair way to handle this situation. I know you were just posting info you had heard and stated, ahead of time, for us to TIFWIW and never said it was a "done deal" or anything like that. Seems like some posters just want to jump all over others when things turn out a different way. There have been some attention whores out there predicting all sorts of things but I didn't take you for that type of poster.

The kid played UK for publicity. The only good thing I hear is we don't have to see his damn name anymore.

Reactions: CELTICAT
Lmao

Purdue has been the leader the whole time. From the moment he Decommitted from Michigan State, his handler/guardian had already convinced the kid to go to Purdue..

Seems this way to me too. Glad I never got my hopes up when it came to signing him.

How does Swanigan committing to Purdue take away from "Hearing good things"? Maybe the OP was hearing good things. He never said Swanigan was going to commit to UK just that it was becoming more of a possiblity. Geez, some posters are just so eager to play Monday morning quarterback like they knew all along this info was bogus.
Calm down buttercup. It was made in jest. Now run along and let the grown ups chat.

Larry Glover had a recruiting expert on his show who said that UK was is great shape with Swanigan but that Purdue was in slightly better shape

ADVERTISEMENT