ADVERTISEMENT

Suggs' block on Riley's shot

I gotta disagree man. The forward view more clearly shows him hitting the hand (and, yes, a little bit of the ball too I'll admit). The behind the play view is where you clearly see Suggs' forearm hit Riley's forearm and it flings to the left.

Ive watched that slow motion video 3 times now and don’t see the forearm getting hit. Unless you lost a grand on that game, that’s being a bitch complaining about that.

Reactions: UK90
At first, I was impressed with Suggs - and sort of disappointed in Riley (how is a big going to let a point guard block his dunk?). Then I saw the replay. That’s pretty obviously a foul. Watch the left elbow of Suggs and the right elbow of Riley. Don’t focus on the hand/upper forearm. You get hit in the elbow, you’re not going to maintain control of the ball.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
Ive watched that slow motion video 3 times now and don’t see the forearm getting hit. Unless you lost a grand on that game, that’s being a bitch complaining about that.
Didn't bet on the game. Was pulling for UCLA for full disclosure. But, nonetheless, it's in the first second of that clip. Clear as day. And I'll concede that Suggs DOES hit the ball at the same time as he hits the forearm. If you're watching the ball and rim, you may miss what happens below but if you look down towards Riley's elbow, it's pretty clear there is contact with the forearm/elbow.

Last edited:
At first, I was impressed with Suggs - and sort of disappointed in Riley (how is a big going to let a point guard block his dunk?). Then I saw the replay. That’s pretty obviously a foul. Watch the left elbow of Suggs and the right elbow of Riley. Don’t focus on the hand/upper forearm. You get hit in the elbow, you’re not going to maintain control of the ball.
Bingo. And I will say I am by no means saying that cost UCLA the game. Would have been 2 shots for Riley but he was not a great FT shooter. So, who knows if things go differently. But, certainly believe that should have been called a foul.

Reactions: reggis1
It doesn't matter what Gonzaga does, you will have people on here crying about it. There are a number of people on here that are so jealous of Gonzaga that it is sickening.
Jealous of their whopping zero titles and two final fours. Kentucky fans aren’t jealous of Gonzaga. Critiquing their accomplishments and jealousy are two entirely different things.

Reactions: Graham51
Aparently hitting a players shorts means it was off Bama. It was a bs call
The thing I didn’t like about that call is that it wasn’t clear that the movement of the shorts was clearly caused by the ball. Leg movements also cause the shorts to move. Wasn’t enough to overturn imo
I don't think it's nitpicking when he barely touches the ball (a lot more forearm/hand). LOL
you ignored the part where you didn’t see that real time only in a slo-mo replay

you, nor me, nor anyone else including the refs saw exactly what happened real time, hence no call

bet you were rooting for UCLA

Last edited:
The thing I didn’t like about that call is that it wasn’t clear that the movement of the shorts was not clearly caused by the ball. Leg movements also cause the shorts to move. Wasn’t enough to overturn imo

you ignored the part where you didn’t see that real time only in a slo-mo replay

you, nor me, nor anyone else including the refs saw exactly what happened real time, hence no call

bet you were rooting for UCLA
No, I thought it was a foul when I saw it live (confirmed when I saw the replay).

And, yes, as I said above, I was rooting for UCLA. And, I'll also be the first to say that the charge on Juzang at the end was the correct call (unlike this missed call on the "block").

Reactions: MakinMusic
I don't hate Gonzaga and I certainly aren't jealous of their program but I thought it was a foul.

ADVERTISEMENT