ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops terrible answer

Man Stoops has changed a ton in last two years witb his media answers…he never used to talk like this. At worst he’d say “we’ve got to clean things up” as his base go to

Pony up ..and now bitching about the schedule…he’s sounding more like calipari crap then just owning reality

Man Stoops has changed a ton in last two years witb his media answers…he never used to talk like this. At worst he’d say “we’ve got to clean things up” as his base go to

Pony up ..and now bitching about the schedule…he’s sounding more like calipari crap then just owning reality

He clarified the Pony up statement according to ksr lol doubt anyone buys it.

It’s not JUST losing to top 10 teams that I have a problem with. It would be unreasonable to expect us to win a high percentage of those games. But, losing spectacularly & rarely being competitive for more than a qtr or a half is unacceptable. And, that’s largely how those games play out.

We usually look unprepared to start most games, but, especially against elite level teams. And, that is also unacceptable. It shouldn’t be that hard to get your team amped up & laser focused for opportunities to knock off elite opponents. Yet, we continually fall flat on our face with the game decided by halftime.

But, I also agree that we lose far too many games to equal & inferior teams. As tough as the schedule is every year, we can’t afford to lose the games that we SHOULD win, on paper. But, it’s pretty disappointing & rich to see Stoops making excuse after excuse when there is a laundry list of issues that have hindered the team & persisted throughout his tenure.

Maybe take some responsibility for the mess he’s in. He had no problem accepting the praise that came with building the program into respectability. It goes both ways. I could rattle off at least 10 problems in 10 seconds that he hasn’t changed/fixed, that would likely help matters. For the ppl who will assuredly ask:

Clock management
Halftime adjustments
Discipline (several areas)
Coaching scared or playing not to lose; never taking chances
Develop your depth with actual game reps, especially QBs
Use timeouts wisely
Stop micromanaging (philosophy & pace on both sides has his fingerprints all over it)
Show some urgency when it’s warranted
Develop a reliable, consistent passing attack
Introduce the passing game to the middle of the field
Put more emphasis on offense, in general
Control your emotions with referees (often argues thru several plays, unfocused on the now)
Develop QBs that you recruit from HS
Develop a killer instinct & crush teams when you can
End of half/game execution on both sides
Improve game preparation
Staff continuity

Those have all been issues from day 1, IMO, with little to no improvement over 11 seasons. But, it’s much easier to blame fans & the schedule. However, if you’re a HC in the SEC & complaining about the schedule difficulty, then you might be in the wrong place & should probably head somewhere with less competition.
Great post!! I really questioned what we were in for after the first season. Only winning 2 games was not a surprise. But what I didn’t witness was improved play through the season from a new coaching staff. The team looked the same at game 12 as they did game 1.

We have left 1 to 2 games on the field every year because of the coaching. I’m ready for that to change. I’m also ready for the BS excuses after every loss to stop.

I been a fan of CMS for a long time, but he is different this year, the comment about fans coming up with more NIL and the conference schedule being tough. Hate to say it but those are excuses,not answers. He knew what he was jumping in when he took an ACC job. This just makes me believe he is near following his brother into retirement, not leaving for another job or fired. Just basing this on his family history.
Good observation. Wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't blame him. Yeah....he definitely acts different this year.

This IS the SEC. that's one reason the school can pay him like they do.

I think Stoops was one of the most vocal opponents of NIL.
Perhaps he truly just doesn't like the playing field any more.

Iowa has played one ranked team this year and didn't compete (31-0 Penn St.) Find an SEC schedule where you can score 20 points a game and finish 9-2.
Doesn't matter, you play what's in front of you. Look at U6, they only have to prepare for one or two games a year.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Guy makes 9 mil and says “come live it”

These freaking coaches have lost all touch with reality.
Certainly seems the characteristics that made ky fans give him leeway and like him have deteriorated this season. Not a whole lot he can say when you suck but it can’t be passing blame or saying things to imply nobody else can coach poorly.

Hells bells…..what a p—ssy comment!! The players said when they beat UL and Lamar they feed off his confidence.

This is beat before you start.
This is pretty much my take from all this. He knows he has lost his team and they will probably get well beaten this weekend. He’s already getting in front of the narrative.

Reactions: bigbluemist
I run the Engineering for a large Hospital system. I tell my guys about twice a year, "No one wants to hear how hard your job is." I preach that from my experience as plumber. Its just a waste of breath and frustration for the complainer.

Literally no one wants to hear how hard you have it Coach Stoops, while you are being highly compesated to do that very job in a top ten manner.

Doesn't matter, you play what's in front of you. Look at U6, they only have to prepare for one or two games a year.
Man....your hate makes you look like an idiot. Iowa has played like dog crap schedule.....it's obvious as day they are not a top 25 team.

Hells bells…..what a p—ssy comment!! The players said when they beat UL and Lamar they feed off his confidence.

This is beat before you start.

Not trying to troll you all, but I’m legitimately curious. I have tremendous respect for Stephen Johnson and what he did against us in 2016, but if Lamar doesn’t fumble the game away in 2016 and Louisville ends up winning 7 in a row (assuming they still win in 2017) how much does the perception of Stoops change? Granted, he still would’ve won the last 4 (and the last 5 had we played in the Covid year). UK’s 2018 and 2021 seasons were very impressive, but outside of those years, it seems like he’s relied a lot on a down Florida and a down Louisville.

Not trying to troll you all, but I’m legitimately curious. I have tremendous respect for Stephen Johnson and what he did against us in 2016, but if Lamar doesn’t fumble the game away in 2016 and Louisville ends up winning 7 in a row (assuming they still win in 2017) how much does the perception of Stoops change? Granted, he still would’ve won the last 4 (and the last 5 had we played in the Covid year). UK’s 2018 and 2021 seasons were very impressive, but outside of those years, it seems like he’s relied a lot on a down Florida and a down Louisville.
Kinda like U6 dodging FSU, Clemson, UNC, and facing a down Ga Tech, VA, BC, VA Tech?

He should be thankful for the opportunity to simply PLAY a top-10 school. If he were a legitimate head coach he would use every opportunity to teach and improve his own team. But alas ... he laments, just as you would expect from someone who will never embrace and profit from the challenge. The MAC seems more appropriate for a guy like Stoops.
There it is in a nutshell!!! Opportunities abound, and he uses them as excuses for losing!

I’ve never coached football a day in my life nor played past the 7th grade but pay me 9 million a year and I’ll gladly live it. Can guarantee one thing, my team would have discipline as I don’t put up with BS. For 9 million a year I’d learn to be a better football Coach in one years time that stoops has been in 11 years. Coaching isn’t rocket science that some here think it is. I have one thing stoops doesn’t have and that is confidence. My teams would play to win.

There it is in a nutshell!!! Opportunities abound, and he uses them as excuses for losing!
The sec network guys were spot on when they said we've had a lot of these games and all you have to do is pick one off every once in a while, the expectation isn't to get all of them.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
According to teamrankings.com, UK has had the 51st most difficult schedule so far this season. The non conference strength of schedule is listed as 133rd out of 133 teams. Not sure the schedule was the problem.
This is skewed data much like the worthless RPI. It doesn't matter if our OOC is good or not, most decent teams win those games.

What does matter is the SEC schedule and it has been brutal. Still, he shouldn't be whining about it, thats our job.

This is skewed data much like the worthless RPI. It doesn't matter if our OOC is good or not, most decent teams win those games.

What does matter is the SEC schedule and it has been brutal. Still, he shouldn't be whining about it, thats our job.
Our SEC schedule the last few years has been very favorable to UK. Tenn, Fla, USCjr have all been down for the most part. Mizzou was just barely better than Vandy. Stoops has squandered several opportunities to elevate this program to second best in the SEC East.
Starting next year we will be buried somewhere in the middle to bottom third of conference standings.
We're about to find out what kind of coach Stoops really is.

Good observation. Wouldn't be surprised and wouldn't blame him. Yeah....he definitely acts different this year.

This IS the SEC. that's one reason the school can pay him like they do.

I think Stoops was one of the most vocal opponents of NIL
Perhaps he truly just doesn't like the playing field any more.

New phone hope that was the reason for the mistake on conferences. But I doubt that's the reason. But I been thinking he is considering retirement, he has a business venture, should have some money and reasonably sure he doesn't want to die on the sideline. Enjoy his success while he can

Our SEC schedule the last few years has been very favorable to UK. Tenn, Fla, USCjr have all been down for the most part. Mizzou was just barely better than Vandy. Stoops has squandered several opportunities to elevate this program to second best in the SEC East.
Starting next year we will be buried somewhere in the middle to bottom third of conference standings.
I was only referring to this season.

Guy makes 9 mil and says “come live it”

These freaking coaches have lost all touch with reality.
Dude is way too comfortable here and has an overinflated image of himself if he’s going to say something like that. For nine years I watched him coach and he was so intense on the sideline I was worried he was going to stroke out, not that it hasn’t happened but I haven’t seen it this year or last. I really like the guy but that’s a all hat no cattle statement if one has ever been made.

Stoops definitely changed the last few years and imo it must be the money. We went from bluecollar stoops to country club stoops.

A few years ago, bossman had a great season and opted out towards the end, but wanted to stay around the team. Stoops said no and kicked him out.

Contrast that with the coddling we see and hear now. We spend all season forcing the ball to the third best wr on the team. The coddling of that guy ran off all your wr depth and now has a rift amongst the offense.

He also went on to say in the press conference that this is the last game many will play at UK and literally said some will enter the transfer portal.

Don’t think I’ve ever heard a coach say that before a player officially does it. Wow this guy is a clown.
Well when the going gets tough, throw in the towel. Gonna get sick of hearing that train horn next Saturday.

I know what you mean but most of us already know what kind of coach he is.

This response is a bad look. Stoops have been given pretty much everything he has asked for and has the talent to be way better than what they are. Complaining about the schedule is a weak look and is kind sad
There is no question, whining and excuse making is never a good look to the fans, players, recruits or anybody else. Never. Most of our games besides UGA were pickem games and we lost all of those but Florida. The head coach is not making enough difference right now to win those games plain and simple.

We lost to a 4-loss, borderline top 25 Tennessee at home. Again. And lost to a South Carolina team whose other wins are against terrible teams (Furman, Vandy, State, Jacksonville St). We got BLOWN THE F OUT multiple times. Stop making excuses, this year sucked bad.

There is no question, whining and excuse making is never a good look to the fans, players, recruits or anybody else. Never. Most of our games besides UGA were pickem games and we lost all of those but Florida. The head coach is not making enough difference right now to win those games plain and simple.
Agree, his coaching decisions in game are losing most of these games

BOO FCKN HOO! He is getting paid 9 million a year to " live it " either do the damn job or quit. I'm sure there are a SHIT TON of people willing to " live it " for 9 million a year. I'm sick of his Iowa football playing ass

It’s not about you Felicia

Reactions: law1127

This response is a bad look. Stoops have been given pretty much everything he has asked for and has the talent to be way better than what they are. Complaining about the schedule is a weak look and is kind sad
I don't think UofL was Top Ten last year. A new coach and then UofL is Top Ten in less than one year. Sounds like the wrong coaches might be one of the answers that plague this UK program ... but, I don't think Stoops/Barnhart wants to hear that. I would say that a legitimate and talented coach would have developed this program to a point much more stable than what we see. I know that the ACC is not the SEC but Stoops is just lost while continuing to bluster and complain. Don't have faith in the poor guy. If lip service actually carried any weight, UK football might be in better shape, so lip service isn't worth much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT