ADVERTISEMENT

Stoops put himself on an island...

If Stoops wants to leave, he better accept Iowa if it opens up. That whole ordeal was a reality check that he won’t be getting offers from any powerhouse programs.

It’s also hard to believe. I mean dang he’s making a ton of money at UK and has received most of what he’s asked for.

Did something happen behind the scenes with him and Barnhart? They seem like they’re really close.
Stoops has fought Barnhart over NIL. Cal has too. Both believe he is not committed to winning in this new environment with his attitude. Just like big Z. 90% of everyone would have sued or played him anyway. You think Kansas gonna wait on a ruling. You dreaming.

Got any examples to back up your tuff talk?
I’m not as plugged in as Cal. He just said in his last press conference that he hopes we get more aggressive in that situation like other places have. Which means a lawsuit like the ones that just stopped the one time transfer rule they tried to implement. The one that started NIL. The ones that Northwestern filed. Right now I saw estimated they have 50 lawsuits against them. That tough enough?? I thought that was general knowledge??

Well Coen wants out, he didn’t come back to call 55 plays a game

I dont blame him a bit and neither should any fan

When the Head Coach wanted to go to TAM, all loyalty went out window
Don't see it that way. Had Stoops taken the TAM job he could've taken Coen with him at #2M/year OR Coen could've been offered the UK HC job. Stoops to TAM could've been a big plus for Coen, not a negative.

Well Coen wants out, he didn’t come back to call 55 plays a game

I dont blame him a bit and neither should any fan

When the Head Coach wanted to go to TAM, all loyalty went out window
Please stop with this nonsesnse on plays per game.

Coen is the reason we run the freaking play clock to damn near zero every play with shifts, motions, etc... to the 1-2 second play clock nearly every snap. If you turn on any Chiefs, Bills, Rams, Miami,e tc... NFL game....this is exactly what UK did last year....and it's all Coen. We never did this under Gran/Stoops. (not saying going to back to Gran is the anwer).

But can we please stop 1) having such a hard on for plays per game stat.....it's rather meaningless to me...it's about scoring or not aloing with turnovers or not. 2) And if you're fixated upon plays per game....it's Coen's design...not Stoops meddling that is why is't happening.

Guys Stoops and LC are going to be candidates for multiple jobs every year. Just the way it is.

Now the seriousness of their candidacy for any job is debatable. It's just a numbers game. The pool of guys who can coach at a D1 level is small.

We all knew what we were getting into with LC. He's next up, CFB and league. Unless CMS retired young, and LC was named HCIW, then he was always going to take a bigger gig, most likely NFL.

The only way LC sticks around much more than another year or two is if MB makes him highest paid coordinator and CMS gives him assistant HC title. Even then, if CMS isn't going to retire in the relative near future, LC isn't hanging around, his coaching roots/DNA is hot now. Another 5 years or so, it'll be another coaching tree/style/philosophy that takes off.

Iowa's DC or Stoops would be the top Iowa candidates.

...I don't think any of these coaches have loyalty. They aren't lifelong fans. Hell, Oregon State just lost an alum who was led them from mediocrity into a Top 15 ranking for Michigan State.
You're correct, none have loyalty. On the other hand, are you loyal to your employer or you and your family?

Reactions: UKat1
You're correct, none have loyalty. On the other hand, are you loyal to your employer or you and your family?
I see it as a false equivalence to compare loyalty to employer and loyalty to family. One is conditional loyalty and the other is unconditional loyalty.

I'm loyal to my family regardless of anything. I'm loyal to my employer if they treat me well and no one else would treat me better relatively. I don't see how it's a useful comparison, personally.

Reactions: UKat1
This ^. He has a life outside of football. He just beat his rival for the fifth straight time in a really sweet ending. I’d think less of him if he DIDN’T celebrate. I know I did. And I’m sorry but every other post says something ‘factual’ that may or may not be true. Let’s enjoy the win and hope next year is better and if he leaves we just move on.
I bet Saban didn't stay up all night drinking after beating Auburn or UGA........lol

• Haha
Reactions: ACT ONE and law1127

Loyalty and honor are concepts that don't apply to "at will" employment contracts. Loyalty is relative to friendships and brotherhood/family. Honor is military code often used to manipulate initiates and naive prospects outside of the military, when the truth is they can be cast aside by those in positions of power without a 2nd thought. Honor or loyalty is personal and/or subjective.

Loyalty and honor are terms used by management when you're winning and sought after to get you to stay.

Lose a few games, even with a national title on your resume, and loyalty and honor are the last things you'll hear mentioned by management.

.Yeah, I get the cream of the crop in Ohio is nice, but they're not coming here. The cream of the crop in any state isn't coming here. So, if you're not going to get the top tier kids anywhere, go where the lower tier talent is as good if not better than most upper crust talent in most states...Texas, Florida, California...

Good to see you back on the boards, Coach Joker Philips!

Please stop with this nonsesnse on plays per game.

Coen is the reason we run the freaking play clock to damn near zero every play with shifts, motions, etc... to the 1-2 second play clock nearly every snap. If you turn on any Chiefs, Bills, Rams, Miami,e tc... NFL game....this is exactly what UK did last year....and it's all Coen. We never did this under Gran/Stoops. (not saying going to back to Gran is the anwer).

But can we please stop 1) having such a hard on for plays per game stat.....it's rather meaningless to me...it's about scoring or not aloing with turnovers or not. 2) And if you're fixated upon plays per game....it's Coen's design...not Stoops meddling that is why is't happening.
Ask Chip Kelly what his thoughts are on plays per game. He has plenty of BCS and championship game experience.

It only make mathematical sense that the more plays you run in a game, the greater number of scoring opportunities you have and the more you will score.

Yes, it gives your opponent more opportunities as well. That is what your defense is for.

Ask Chip Kelly what his thoughts are on plays per game. He has plenty of BCS and championship game experience.

It only make mathematical sense that the more plays you run in a game, the greater number of scoring opportunities you have and the more you will score.

Yes, it gives your opponent more opportunities as well. That is what your defense is for.
I would say more possessions more scores. Running 90 plays on 6 possessions is the same scoring opportunity as 50 plays on 6 possessions.

Well the first domino just fell…more moves to come soon…recruiting targets and portal transfers are pizzed and the fallout will be severe

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT