ADVERTISEMENT

Stock Advice Thread

Just purchased 100 shares @ $5.39. Stay tuned.
If you are looking for income, you might look at JEPI and JEPQ. These are JP Morgan ETFs which write covered calls against large cap growth companies to generate extra income. You still participate in some of the growth of the underlying stocks while getting 7.5%-9.5% dividends. The JEPQ is NASDAQ focused and JEPI is more diversified. Dividends are paid monthly and is taxed as ordinary income rather than qualified dividends. Thus its better to hold this investment in an IRA/401k account if you are in an upper tax bracket.

Last edited:
If you are looking for income, you might look at JEPI and JEPQ. These are JP Morgan ETFs which write covered calls against large cap growth companies to generate extra income. You still participate in some of the growth of the underlying stocks while getting 7.5%-9.5% dividends. The JEPQ is NASDAQ focused and JEPI is more diversified. Dividends are paid monthly and is taxed as ordinary income rather than qualified dividends. Thus its better to hold this investment in an IRA/401k account.
Looked at JEPQ a while back. May give another look later. Thanks.

If you are looking for income, you might look at JEPI and JEPQ. These are JP Morgan ETFs which write covered calls against large cap growth companies to generate extra income. You still participate in some of the growth of the underlying stocks while getting 7.5%-9.5% dividends. The JEPQ is NASDAQ focused and JEPI is more diversified. Dividends are paid monthly and is taxed as ordinary income rather than qualified dividends. Thus its better to hold this investment in an IRA/401k account.
Looked at JEPQ a while back. May give another look later. Thanks.

I purchased some. Thanks!

Reactions: DSmith21
I am retirement age, so income is a little more of a priority than growth ... but I like a bit of both ... thus, I own a bit of JEPI and JEPQ.

Reactions: DSmith21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT