ADVERTISEMENT

still the #1 uk highlight that gives me chills

I was there for that one, it was nuts. I went to games all the time back then.

The wildest one I’ve seen on tv was the Sparks 3 against Michigan State that rolled around the rim for what seemed like hours. Then it took the refs what seemed like weeks to determine that it was in fact a 3.
oh yeah, I watched that one too. the zoom in on his toes was wild.

• Love
Reactions: JasonRDunn
I was in section 29, row A for that game. Eye level with the rim behind the UNC bench. Rupp was going berserk when that 5th one hit. Loudest I’ve ever heard. It still gives chills.

I was on rail center court of upper level student section IIRC with my old pal @Ron Mehico . I swear it felt like Rupp was shaking. Probably the vibration of people stomping on bleachers but man it was loud...

Mills/Padgett threes in ‘98 vs. Duke top the list for me.
Me too! I was about to throw up the first 28 minutes of that game. Felt like we had no shot and then a light came on and we just started dominating. Wayne Turner was a monster.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aike
Prince game. I had just recently moved and the satellite company was supposed to be at my house at 9 AM to hookup. Had cable in the previous location and it wasn't available in my new area.
Well of course they were late. I called and told them if he wasn't here 30 minutes before the UK game tipped to not bother showing up and to cancel the service. I was leaving 30 minutes before tip to go somewhere to watch the game.
He made it with about 15 minutes to spare. Got it working about 3 minutes before tip off.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
My favorite game was the 78-championship game. I was the only person up watching it in the day room of my unit (2/75th FA) in Fliegerhorst Kaserne in Hanau Germany on AFN (Armed Forces Network). It was about 2:00 or 3:00 am when it started. Did not sleep that night so I could make sure I was up when it started.

Reactions: Stan the caddy
Best thing about that Prince clip to me is how the lead announcer just gets more and more excited every time he hits another 3.

Reactions: caywoodcat
I was driving from Louisville to Richmond to be with family the night of the Brassow tip in vs Arizona. Can't remember if it was Thanksgiving or Christmas. Driving through the West Virginia mountains listening to WHAS. When I got to Richmond and found out they had taped the game, I stayed up til 4 am watching it, then watched the ending again like three more times the next day. Two of my fraternity brothers were running around the court and looked right in the camera.

Loved the Tayshaun shots, but this will always be the one for me.. Could link the whole second half. The way Turner abused Wojo and Tubby not letting the Rat get a TO was masterful

Reactions: KYExtemper
For the team:
- 98 vs Duke
- 92 vs Duke (amazing game minus the outcome)
- comeback from 31 down vs LSU.
- Mash & Co demolish WF in S16 (60-26 in 1st half)
- The Platoon smash UCLA (41-7 in 1st half)

Individual player games (series):
- Prince 5 consecutive 3's in 1H
- Meeks for 54
- Aaron at buzzer for 3 (*3, in B2B2B NCAA games)

I'm sure I've missed a few.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT