ADVERTISEMENT

National Spotlight

Jan 21, 2013
Now that Cal is gone, how popular do you think our program will be?
1. Do we see a major drop-off in televised games?
2. Does the national media forget about us?
3. Do recruits still consider UK a top tier program?

If we could get nearly all of to all of our games on tv under Tubby and Gillespie then we shouldn’t have a problem with Pope.

The media hates us. They always have and always will. Case in point: they put UK and its fans through a blender for hiring Cal and then the same people put us back in the blender for “running him off.” They’ve made it clear: we can’t make them happy, so why try?

Recruits may take a year or two to see Pope’s system in action. I don’t ever expect Cal level classes of 4-6 5 star one and done frosh. But starting in year 2 or 3 I would expect to see 1-3 5 stars round out some returnees, portal guys, and then fill in the blanks with developmental pieces from the portal and high school.

I don’t understand it though, if you don’t like any of us or how we think, why do you hang out here so much?

Reactions: KFuqua
If you have good recruiters and the NIL money is there, come on man it still is and always be UK.

If you have good recruiters and the NIL money is there, come on man it still is and always be UK.
I like Pope's attitude and Pitino loves the move so if recruiting can bring in good talent we'll be okay. Just have to see it to believe it. NIL is highly competitive.

If we could get nearly all of to all of our games on tv under Tubby and Gillespie then we shouldn’t have a problem with Pope.

The media hates us. They always have and always will. Case in point: they put UK and its fans through a blender for hiring Cal and then the same people put us back in the blender for “running him off.” They’ve made it clear: we can’t make them happy, so why try?

Recruits may take a year or two to see Pope’s system in action. I don’t ever expect Cal level classes of 4-6 5 star one and done frosh. But starting in year 2 or 3 I would expect to see 1-3 5 stars round out some returnees, portal guys, and then fill in the blanks with developmental pieces from the portal and high school.

I don’t understand it though, if you don’t like any of us or how we think, why do you hang out here so much?
I disagree with a part of your post, it’s going to be difficult for the media to continue to hate UK.

Calipari made that extremely easy and played right into the part of Kentucky being the Heel of college basketball.

We now have one of the nicest, energetic, and positive people I’ve ever seen leading the program. Pope seems like the kind of dude that just absolutely kills people with kindness and enthusiasm no matter what you throw at him.

In due time, I think you’re going to see a more favorable whistle and talking heads having trouble constantly pointing out the negatives of the program.

OP must be young.

We (UK) were there before, during, and after other teams runs of glory.

We had every (or almost every) game televised long before Cal was coach. The only time we didn’t recruit the best of the best was when Tubby seemed to prefer non-primadonnas.

OP must be young.

We (UK) were there before, during, and after other teams runs of glory.

We had every (or almost every) game televised long before Cal was coach. The only time we didn’t recruit the best of the best was when Tubby seemed to prefer non-primadonnas.
It’s “pre-madonnas”. 😂😂😂

It’s all about money and we still are the main draw in college basketball. I would bet that there’s more people that watch our game against Duke, Arkansas, Louisville this year than any UCONN game the entire year. When you’re a true blue blood like UK, you have as many haters watching as fans.

How about a "wait and see"?
Our expectations are the highs and lows on here.

---
No idea.
Yes.
No.

I disagree with a part of your post, it’s going to be difficult for the media to continue to hate UK.

Calipari made that extremely easy and played right into the part of Kentucky being the Heel of college basketball.

We now have one of the nicest, energetic, and positive people I’ve ever seen leading the program. Pope seems like the kind of dude that just absolutely kills people with kindness and enthusiasm no matter what you throw at him.

In due time, I think you’re going to see a more favorable whistle and talking heads having trouble constantly pointing out the negatives of the program.
Excellent post !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT