ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2025 Recruiting

Grumpy,
I find conference realgnment facinating, so I read most articles and watch almost every video, on the subject. FSU will either be in the SEC or the BIG. I fully expect FSU to notify the the ACC that they are leaving the conference before August 15th.

Sorry I just saw this on the 15th. Lots of rumors out there. They could leave, but they still haven't found an escape from giving up the media rights. And in the last couple weeks rumor has leaked out that the Big isn't going to give them an invite, SEC doesn't want them, but the Big 12 is going to take 6 of the ACC teams, CU, FSU, GT and I can't remember the other 3 but I think NC was one of them and give CU and FSU a larger cut of tv revenue. If that happens, I think the SEC would go after one of the NC teams, maybe even NC. It would effectively end the ACC as a P5 conference, Virginia and Duke meet the BIG qualifications academically. I may not be around to see it, but I feel college football is heading to 2 major conferences with 2-4 divisions in each conference just like the NFL model, maybe major league baseball would be a better example with all the teams, 65 or so, in the big conference acting almost like farm teams. The portal opened that can of worms already. The little schools are in a no win situation, they need the big checks for playing the P4 teams, but if they have a good player the P4 teams tries to steal him away.

But back to the FSU deal, last week was the week they were suppose to leave the ACC, yet it passed and there they still sit. A contract lawyer who post on our board said there were 3 things they could prove to get out of contract, only had to prove one, the word wasn't tricked but fooled into signing was one. The contract was worded to make it extremely difficult if not impossible to leave because Maryland had just left, they didn't want to lose another. I am sure every school had contract lawyers go over every detail before signing it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT