Marquise Davis, RB, Cleveland, OH
Ja'kayden Ferguson, WR, Missouri City, TX
Tucker Kattus, OL, Cincinnati, OH
Andrew Purcell, DB, Enterprise, AL
Stone Saunders QB, Harrisburg, PA
Quintin Simmons, slotR, Cincinnati, OH
Darrin Strey, OL, Paw Paw, MI
Brennen Ward, QB, Columbus, OH

Purcell has become the second defensive commit in UK's 2025 class. Purcell is being recruited by Coach Collins. He reportedly holds at least 5 SEC offers plus OR, Miami, and Clemson,

Ferguson was running 11.59 and 11.69 in the 100 meters (the most trusted/coveted track time for college football coaches) in 2022. https://www.athletic.net/athlete/21028211/track-and-field/club. I don’t see any times for 2023. Where do you see that he’s a “star sprinter”?

In this 100 meters conversion calculator, you can clearly see what a 11.59 or 11.69 would translate to in the 40. https://www.milesplit.com/calc?time=11.69&event=100m

Just stop. This is a logical time to be pleased about a commit from a WR with 10 reported SEC scholarship offers, not to offer an obviously false implication that he isn't fast. He is a successful hs athlete, not an Olympian. I guess he can be a local star without satisfying you. You have an obvious tendency to dump on almost everything. Go pet your dog.

Last edited:
And then there were nine.

Martels Carter, DB, Paducah, KY
Marquise Davis, RB, Cleveland, OH
Ja'kayden Ferguson, WR, Missouri City, TX
Tucker Kattus, OL, Cincinnati, OH
Andrew Purcell, DB, Enterprise, AL
Stone Saunders QB, Harrisburg, PA
Quintin Simmons, slotR, Cincinnati, OH
Darrin Strey, OL, Paw Paw, MI
Brennen Ward, QB, Columbus, OH

Purcell has become the second defensive commit in UK's 2025 class. Purcell is being recruited by Coach Collins. He reportedly holds at least 5 SEC offers plus OR, Miami, and Clemson,
Purcell the 57th ranked corner according to On3. Mentioned over GA and Miami, Fl? Always a big position need. At 5-11 185 ranked as a 5.8 4 star by Rivals. A huge get to go with Carter in the defensive backfield. An overall great athlete, Purcell won the class 7A high jump in track and is also an outstanding basketball player. Said he is very close to Chris Collins.

Last edited:
Purcell the 57th ranked corner according to On3. Mentioned over GA and Miami, Fl? Always a big position need. At 5-11 185 ranked as a 5.8 4 star by Rivals. A huge get to go with Carter in the defensive backfield. An overall great athlete, Purcell won the class 7A high jump in track and is also an outstanding basketball player. Said he is very close to Chris Collins.

Just stop. This is a logical time to be pleased about a commit from a WR with 10 reported SEC scholarship offers, not to offer an obviously false implication that he isn't fast. He is a successful hs athlete, not an Olympian. I guess he can be a local star without satisfying you. You have an obvious tendency to dump on almost everything. Go pet your dog.
I was just wanting clarity on the “star sprinter” claim you made thinking maybe you had info that is counter to his actual track and field times. I think he’s a great looking prospect, just not a star sprinter. He looks big possession receiver that UK needs, not a burner, though.

Scholarship offers from GA, AL, Clemson, and OR have been reported for Purcell by multiple sources. He is only our second defensive commit, as out staff has focused on QBs, receivers, and the OL early in this recruiting cycle. Stoops loves to recruit successful multisport athletes. Like that Purcell is a high-jumper since that's a big part of what a CB does. Coach Collins is proving his recruiting chops.

Reactions: JASUN74
I was just wanting clarity on the “star sprinter” claim you made thinking maybe you had info that is counter to his actual track and field times. I think he’s a great looking prospect, just not a star sprinter. He looks big possession receiver that UK needs, not a burner, though.

But you always go right straight to posting the negative comment. If your perspective is actually focused on the "great looking prospect" part, you could lead with that because that is actually the important news here. Instead, you nitpick. You are consistently one of the most negative troll posters on the board and always have been. That is on you. It isn't because we misunderstand your posts.

But you always go right straight to posting the negative comment. If your perspective is actually focused on the "great looking prospect" part, you could lead with that because that is actually the important news here. Instead, you nitpick. You are consistently one of the most negative troll posters on the board and always have been. That is on you. It isn't because we misunderstand your posts.
I misunderstood your post about the claim of him being a “star sprinter” when that isn’t the case. We both agree that he is a really good looking prospect, though.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Re Ferguson....I don't have a clue what his 40 time/100 time is. He's coming to UK to play football, not run track. And if you take the time to watch his film notice that he doesn't get caught from behind....that's fast enough.

Ferguson was running 11.59 and 11.69 in the 100 meters (the most trusted/coveted track time for college football coaches) in 2022. https://www.athletic.net/athlete/21028211/track-and-field/club. I don’t see any times for 2023. Where do you see that he’s a “star sprinter”?

In this 100 meters conversion calculator, you can clearly see what a 11.59 or 11.69 would translate to in the 40. https://www.milesplit.com/calc?time=11.69&event=100m

11.5-11.6 range for 100m is not star track times, it is very average HS 100m times.

Ferguson has been ranked anywhere from the 23-92nd best receiver in this class. The 7th best athlete. Separates himself from defenders with his route running ability. Can go up over defenders to bring in passes. Is called a 'speedy' receiver by some. Ability to also play DB helped his rise in ranking. AL, GA, LSU, TN, Ole Miss and OK are just some of the bigger programs that had offered him.

A 100 meter time has nearly zero relevance to a forty yard dash time. That conversion is next to worthless. You are suggesting a receiver running a 4.8 forty has ten SEC offers. I think his offer sheet has far more relevance than that ridiculous conversion.

You made your point. A player with those offers must suck. Makes sense. Thanks for posting.

A 100 meter time has nearly zero relevance to a forty yard dash time. That conversion is next to worthless. You are suggesting a receiver running a 4.8 forty has ten SEC offers. I think his offer sheet has far more relevance than that ridiculous conversion.

You made your point. A player with those offers must suck. Makes sense. Thanks for posting.

I don't think this is about being a good football player or not, it's about claiming a 11.6 100m meter makes one a track star. That time has to be off, or a misprint.

I don't think this is about being a good football player or not, it's about claiming a 11.6 100m meter makes one a track star. That time has to be off, or a misprint.
You and Pipesealer took a long, granular discussion of Ferguson's commitment and cherrypicked the only two words you could find in it to criticize and take this thread off track. True to form. Ferguson is an excellent get for us. Our fans understand this.

Possibly Auguste next? Or the Desir brothers? I mention these prospects now in the "next commit" discussion because they just completed their UK OVs and none of them have scheduled any more OVs.

Or maybe Nicholas Smith?

Possibly Auguste next? Or the Desir brothers? I mention these prospects now in the "next commit" discussion because they just completed their UK OVs and none of them have scheduled any more OVs.

Or maybe Nicholas Smith?
Raphael Green??? Wiltfong put in a pick for him to UK today.

Last edited:
Raphael Green??? Wiltfong put in a pick for him to UK today.
I saw Wiltfong's pick. But Rafael Greene has not OVed UK and is not scheduled to OV. UK is after Stargel, Sowells, Auguste, and Atkins, all of whom have OVed UK this month or will OV next weekend. Greene OVed Marshall last weekend. I respect Wiltfong. But if Wiltfong believes Greene will end up at UK without taking an OV, he must know something that no one else knows. Unless Greene is willing to PWO.

You and Pipesealer took a long, granular discussion of Ferguson's commitment and cherrypicked the only two words you could find in it to criticize and take this thread off track. True to form. Ferguson is an excellent get for us. Our fans understand this.

Impossible to have a cordial conversation with you because you are always on the defensive. I neversaid a word about how good or bad a football prospect he is. I said he wasn't a track star running a 11.6 100m. And no UGA wasn't recruiting this guy, but we're recruiting the DB who committed today who is a good player. Now if that knows the chip you constantly wear off I apologize, but you need to stop making things up.

Again, Ferguson is coming to UK to play football, not run track. And once again, watch his film....he's not being caught from behind so his speed must be pretty good. At least 9 other SEC schools thought he was good enough to offer a scholarship. This whole argument is ridiculous.

Impossible to have a cordial conversation with you because you are always on the defensive. I neversaid a word about how good or bad a football prospect he is. I said he wasn't a track star running a 11.6 100m. And no UGA wasn't recruiting this guy, but we're recruiting the DB who committed today who is a good player. Now if that knows the chip you constantly wear off I apologize, but you need to stop making things up.

This from one of the most thinskinned posters on the board. And as your post shows once again, you are not cordial. You want cordial? Learn some manners.

You can't seem to grasp this. This is a UK football board. We don't care whether you believe GA is recruiting our commits. You always deny GA is recruiting any football player UK gets, but that is not truthful. If you want to post about GA recruiting, take it to the GA football board and stop trying to hijack our UK football threads.

Again, Ferguson is coming to UK to play football, not run track. And once again, watch his film....he's not being caught from behind so his speed must be pretty good. At least 9 other SEC schools thought he was good enough to offer a scholarship. This whole argument is ridiculous.

Ja'Kayden Ferguson is a quality WR prospect and a good commit for us. Our coaches like him. We are getting the usual nonsense here from the habitual detractors.

Bares repeating, the replacement of Woody & Yenser to Short & Wolford improved our recruiting by light years.

And it will be even bigger improvements watching their unit play on the field in Sept

I was never sold on the Yenser hire, and I became concerned about Woodward fairly early. We already knew Wolford was a strong SEC recruiter. This is the first time Coach Shorts has coached and recruited in the SEC, but he seems to be off to a good start. If he can open up TX, VA, and NJ for us, that would seem like a big addition to UK's recruiting footprint.

Bares repeating, the replacement of Woody & Yenser to Short & Wolford improved our recruiting by light years.

And it will be even bigger improvements watching their unit play on the field in Sept
You ain't kiddin.....we've turned a few poor recruiters into solid if not reallly good assistant recruiters. And I'd argue it will be hard for them to actually coach their positions as poorly as Woody in particular...and Yenser wasn't much to write home about on his part.

Ja'Kayden Ferguson is a quality WR prospect and a good commit for us. Our coaches like him. We are getting the usual nonsense here from the habitual detractors.
Ferguson will be enrolling in December. Wants to get an early start gaining weight and hopefully get to play some special teams and start working on a role early with the team. Said that Shorts is the biggest reason he is here. Has had a strong relationship with him for a few years now. Excited about playing in the SEC, likes the coaches and fans. Trying hard to get the number 10 ranked WR Andrew Marsh to commit to us. He will be visiting us this week.

Last edited:
Don't get Wilfong and the Greene thing, UK's not going to offer. Don't know why Wilfong would be pimping for Greene but whatever.

Reactions: Rembrandt90
This from one of the most thinskinned posters on the board. And as your post shows once again, you are not cordial. You want cordial? Learn some manners.

You can't seem to grasp this. This is a UK football board. We don't care whether you believe GA is recruiting our commits. You always deny GA is recruiting any football player UK gets, but that is not truthful. If you want to post about GA recruiting, take it to the GA football board and stop trying to hijack our UK football threads.

Ii understand perfectly what this is, this kid may have had a UGA offer but want beingvrecruited, the DB who committed today had an offer and was being recruited by UGA. According to this site UK has 290 offers out, do you think UK is recruiting every one of them? Well Mr. Policeman, UK isn't the only place that throws out an offer and doesn't continue to recruit.

I have been a fan of CMS since he was hired, been complementary of UK players, never put one down.. if it's a kid from the state of Georgia UK is recruiting I comment if I know anything about him. From the comments you have made it's pretty clear you don't know much about them, like Vandagriff not being much of a runner, yet rushed for over 1000 yards as a soph, and being his teams leading receiver as a frosh. I have broken no site rules, in fact you are the one who constantly feels the need to attract posters, and not just me. I guess am wasn't thebonly one that wasn't aware you were board policeman.

Don't get Wilfong and the Greene thing, UK's not going to offer. Don't know why Wilfong would be pimping for Greene but whatever.
Yeah that must have been a mistake. He isn’t coming to UK. I thought he put in a CB for him and Kattus to UK last fall but that ended when wolf came back and started recruiting other guys.

Reactions: mrschwump
This. Some focus too much on track times.

We brought in a bunch of track guys/speed a couple of years back....only Barion Brown came out of those guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT