ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2025 Recruiting

That's not true. And of course there are guys that have been good contributors. You of all people should know that. But recruiting is a numbers game. Not all five stars pan out, but they do at a much higher level. I listed 20 names you listed the only 3 that have been contributors. 16 guys on that list have transferred or retired from football without playing a snap. That is not a statistical anomaly when you are talking about a sample of 20 players over multiple classes and the transfer rate is over 80%.

The hit rate for 4 stars is much higher and the transfer rate for 4 stars at Kentucky would be well under 25-20%. I am not against taking three stars. Its unrealistic to expect a staff to sign nothing but top 500 guys. But I have never been a fan of going into the mostly hotly contested region of the country and picking up the scraps after the SEC/ACC powerhouses take the best players. Our staff has very limited connections to the high schools and pipelines in the deep south in comparison to other SEC programs. Trying to find players that have slipped through the other programs has been almost never successful. Even the guys you mentioned (Rodriguez and Jackson) were lower rated but atleast had a handful of other SEC offers.

You compared Gardner to Valentine and Hairston. Here is the difference. Valentine was lower rated but he carried 14 P5 offers including most of the regional teams (Cincy, UofL, Purdue, Michigan St). Valentine was also an Aspirations and Chris Vaughn guy so the staff was very familiar with him. Not to mention he hailed from Cincinnati, a city that the coaching staff is very well connected to coaches. They had good information on Valentine and being a guy that was only from Cincy and who had been around the program for a longtime he was also seen as a guy unlikely to transfer.

Hairston was a Clinkscale recruit out of Michigan. Clink was always well connected up there and proved to be among the best recruiters of Michigan high school talent in all of college football. Clink proved to be trusted in his evaluation of Michigan high school talent. That is not true of anyone in the current staff when it comes to any of the southern states. They simply do not have the connections that Clink had in Michigan. Also not including the fact that Hairston was a late rise his senior year and Kentucky was not even involved until then. He was also projected a P4 starter by 247 recruiting expert Allen trieu and held offers from Ole Miss, Arkansas, Cincy, Purdue, Virginia Tech.

There are times that I am okay "trusting the staff". When Vince recruits a kid, or we take a lower rated running back, or Brad White in the mid atlantic. But buying into the idea that Chris Collins and Anwar Stewart have somehow found a hidden gem in the middle of SEC country on a team with 2 kids committed to CFB playoff contenders is nonsense.
This is a really great point. You spelled out what I was thinking quite well.

Reactions: bigbluedon
That's not true. And of course there are guys that have been good contributors. You of all people should know that. But recruiting is a numbers game. Not all five stars pan out, but they do at a much higher level. I listed 20 names you listed the only 3 that have been contributors. 16 guys on that list have transferred or retired from football without playing a snap. That is not a statistical anomaly when you are talking about a sample of 20 players over multiple classes and the transfer rate is over 80%.

The hit rate for 4 stars is much higher and the transfer rate for 4 stars at Kentucky would be well under 25-20%. I am not against taking three stars. Its unrealistic to expect a staff to sign nothing but top 500 guys. But I have never been a fan of going into the mostly hotly contested region of the country and picking up the scraps after the SEC/ACC powerhouses take the best players. Our staff has very limited connections to the high schools and pipelines in the deep south in comparison to other SEC programs. Trying to find players that have slipped through the other programs has been almost never successful. Even the guys you mentioned (Rodriguez and Jackson) were lower rated but atleast had a handful of other SEC offers.

You compared Gardner to Valentine and Hairston. Here is the difference. Valentine was lower rated but he carried 14 P5 offers including most of the regional teams (Cincy, UofL, Purdue, Michigan St). Valentine was also an Aspirations and Chris Vaughn guy so the staff was very familiar with him. Not to mention he hailed from Cincinnati, a city that the coaching staff is very well connected to coaches. They had good information on Valentine and being a guy that was only from Cincy and who had been around the program for a longtime he was also seen as a guy unlikely to transfer.

Hairston was a Clinkscale recruit out of Michigan. Clink was always well connected up there and proved to be among the best recruiters of Michigan high school talent in all of college football. Clink proved to be trusted in his evaluation of Michigan high school talent. That is not true of anyone in the current staff when it comes to any of the southern states. They simply do not have the connections that Clink had in Michigan. Also not including the fact that Hairston was a late rise his senior year and Kentucky was not even involved until then. He was also projected a P4 starter by 247 recruiting expert Allen trieu and held offers from Ole Miss, Arkansas, Cincy, Purdue, Virginia Tech.

There are times that I am okay "trusting the staff". When Vince recruits a kid, or we take a lower rated running back, or Brad White in the mid atlantic. But buying into the idea that Chris Collins and Anwar Stewart have somehow found a hidden gem in the middle of SEC country on a team with 2 kids committed to CFB playoff contenders is nonsense.
So your beef is with Collins and Stewart. That was not clear in your earlier post.

I did not "compare" Gardner to Valentine or Hairston. I don't know where you got that. I only mentioned them to point out that DBs with low 3-star online ratings have done well as SEC players multiple times under the develoomental supervision of this staff. If Gardner were to sign with UK and require a full year of time to add enough good weight, he would not be the first. That's all I was saying. Whether Gardner is otherwise similar to Valentine or Hairston remains to be seen.

It hurt our recruiting traction in GA and AL when Jon Sumrall left. I can see why some fans haven't gained confidence in Collins and Stewart, but what I hear about them from friends in the high $$ end of 15 is at odds with your cryptic comments here. I'm not saying you are wrong, only that some people feel the book is still out. The coaching profession is very mobile. Coaches leave every program and younger coaches get those opportunities. Maybe you will turn out to be right. Young coaches have to build their reputations. It doesn't happen overnight. I choose to keep an open mind, and I don't choose to let this get personal. That just isn't productive. You have obviously formed a firm opinion and that is your right.

You mentioned attributes of Valentine and Hairston. Coach Collins has developed them successfully. Valentine spoke glowingly of Collins. I find underachievers like Hardaway frustrating, and it was disappointing when Anglin left. But Collins has done well developing Valentine, Phillips, and Hairston, and appears to be making important progress with Jantzen Dunn. So we will see.

Then again, I was never able to build any confidence in Zach Yenser or Scott Woodward as recruiters, and I was glad when they were replaced. So I don't necessarily wear the blue sunglasses.

White and Wolford have been less confined to certain states and more likely to help out over a larger recruiting territory. Wolford is involved to one extent or another now with every OL recruit, even in OH. That seems to be helping a lot. I still have confidence in Stoops and this staff, and I believe they have earned it overall.

Last edited:
So your beef is with Collins and Stewart. That was not clear in your earlier post.

I did not "compare" Gardner to Valentine or Hairston. I don't know where you got that. I only mentioned them to point out that DBs with low 3-star online ratings have done well as SEC players multiple times under the develoomental supervision of this staff. If Gardner were to sign with UK and require a full year of time to add enough good weight, he would not be the first. That's all I was saying. Whether Gardner is otherwise similar to Valentine or Hairston remains to be seen.

It hurt our recruiting traction in GA and AL when Jon Sumrall left. I can see why some fans haven't gained confidence in Collins and Stewart, but what I hear about them from friends in the high $$ end of 15 is at odds with your cryptic comments here. I'm not saying you are wrong, only that some people feel the book is still out. The coaching profession is very mobile. Coaches leave every program and younger coaches get those opportunities. Maybe you will turn out to be right. Young coaches have to build their reputations. It doesn't happen overnight. I choose to keep an open mind, and I don't choose to let this get personal. That just isn't productive. You have obviously formed a firm opinion and that is your right.

You mentioned attributes of Valentine and Hairston. Coach Collins has developed them successfully. Valentine spoke glowingly of Collins. I find underachievers like Hardaway frustrating, and it was disappointing when Anglin left. But Collins has done well developing Valentine, Phillips, and Hairston, and appears to be making important progress with Jantzen Dunn. So we will see.

Then again, I was never able to build any confidence in Zach Yenser or Scott Woodward as recruiters, and I was glad when they were replaced. So I don't necessarily wear the blue sunglasses.

White and Wolford have been less confined to certain states and more likely to help out over a larger recruiting territory. Wolford is involved to one extent or another now with every OL recruit, even in OH. That seems to be helping a lot. I still have confidence in Stoops and this staff, and I believe they have earned it overall.
What kids that are officially visiting UK this Summer have Anwar Stewart, Mike Stoops, Brad White or Frank Buffano as their lead assistant?

What kids that are officially visiting UK this Summer have Anwar Stewart, Mike Stoops, Brad White or Frank Buffano as their lead assistant?

Stewart- none so far

Mike- none so far

White- Jaiden Braker, Nicholas Smith

Buffano- Dejerrian Miller, Dyllon Williams

White is also secondary recruiter on Christian Gass and Dalen Penson.

It's a partial picture, because these are just the OVs that are publicly reported so far. There will be more.

It appears Taren Hedrick cancelled his OV to UF and will instead come to UK this weekend. Not sure where he is on the cats big board but could be one to watch committing soon
Hedrick would be a major get.

This is interesting, although the reason for the forward rescheduling has not been reported AFAIK. It could be a lot of things. Maybe he is a UK lean now. Maybe he simply eliminated FL. Or maybe another school has persuaded Hedrick to visit them on June 21. In any case, Hedrick has a chance to be a viable Power 4 OT and would be a good get for Coach Wolford this early in our 2025 class.

Reactions: JASUN74
Stewart- none so far

Mike- none so far

It's a partial picture, because these are just the OVs that are publicly reported so far. There will be more.
So Vince, Collins, and Wolford are basically responsible for 90% of the recruits interested in UK enough to take an official visit. Yikes. What are the other coaches up to?

Last edited:
Stewart- none so far

Mike- none so far

Reading the interview on TOS tells us Anwar Stewart is very involved with the recruitment of Smith and Campbell. Smith was very effusive in his praise of Stewart.

TOS has crystal balls for Braker to SCAR. FWIW.

Reactions: Rembrandt90

I am still not sure you understand my issue. My issue is not with Collins or Stewart. Collins in particular has shown a decent ability on the recruiting front. He has also done a good job on being in with top guys in the south and going head to head with some big programs for said guys.

My issue is I never want to take flyers on guys from the south. The returns have not been good for this program. To me Gardner classifies as a flyer to me. He is ranked outside the top 700 and his list of offers is bad. Yes there were guys that hit (ie. C-Rod) but the hit rate has been so abysmally low for Sub-500 guys from that area. That area is just too heavily recruited and basically no player flies under the radar. If you want to recruit talent from that area then you are just going to have to beat out good teams for them.

What is more likely? Gardner is a hidden gem where Kentucky and UCF are the only teams that project him as a good player at the next level. Or every other SEC/ACC team looked at this kid and said no thanks because there are a plethora of better options. To me this screams misevaluation by the staff, because that has been the trend on lower rated players here.

There are 3 stars I really like. Especially when its guys from the OH-KY-MI-PA area where our coaches have established relationships and the competition is not as stiff.

Reactions: ABlueWildcat
If a 'flyer' recruit doesn't prove in 2 yrs he can be developed into an SEC football player, he is encouraged to enter the transfer portal

Can't name many guys who stay here 4 or 5 yrs, rarely play, and graduate. How many guys exit our program via the portal every yr, a dozen? Over 20? Rarely if ever are any on the 2 deep.

Really doesn't hurt the signing class or the program if we recruit kids who you think are marginal SEC prospects

Reading the interview on TOS tells us Anwar Stewart is very involved with the recruitment of Smith and Campbell. Smith was very effusive in his praise of Stewart.

Correct. Coach Marrow is Campbell's primary recruiter. But Stewart has been very involved and Campbell has said several times that he has a great relationship with Coach Stewart.

Reactions: mrschwump
I am still not sure you understand my issue. My issue is not with Collins or Stewart. Collins in particular has shown a decent ability on the recruiting front. He has also done a good job on being in with top guys in the south and going head to head with some big programs for said guys.

My issue is I never want to take flyers on guys from the south. The returns have not been good for this program. To me Gardner classifies as a flyer to me. He is ranked outside the top 700 and his list of offers is bad. Yes there were guys that hit (ie. C-Rod) but the hit rate has been so abysmally low for Sub-500 guys from that area. That area is just too heavily recruited and basically no player flies under the radar. If you want to recruit talent from that area then you are just going to have to beat out good teams for them.

What is more likely? Gardner is a hidden gem where Kentucky and UCF are the only teams that project him as a good player at the next level. Or every other SEC/ACC team looked at this kid and said no thanks because there are a plethora of better options. To me this screams misevaluation by the staff, because that has been the trend on lower rated players here.

There are 3 stars I really like. Especially when its guys from the OH-KY-MI-PA area where our coaches have established relationships and the competition is not as stiff.

There are some thoughts there that I agree with, and some that I don't. I think your beliefs are firm. You have a right to believe them. In time, we will know more. There is no doubt that a lot of prospects never get on the field much in a five year college football career. The factors that end up determining that are complicated and individualized. There are more Power 4 prospects in GA than in NJ or PA, but I am not sure prospects in NJ or PA are less scrutinized or less evaluated in the current era although it used to be true. I believe some staffs are quicker than others to make comtact and get film, because they have to be quicker in the highly competitive business of recruiting.

So I will just mention this. UK's coaches are recruiting in-

KY
MI
OH
IN
IL
MO
NJ
DE
MD
VA
NC
SC
GA
FL
TN
AL
MS
TX

Coach Boulware even took a kicker from MT in our last class.

As Barnhart has grown UK's recruiting budget, Coach Stoops has expanded our recruiting footprint. The staff evaluates prospects from all these states, then rank-orders them as priorities for the class based on in-house evaluations (not unlike an NFL GM rank-orders draft prospects in April). At some point, CB prospect A and CB prospect B are ranked as recruiting priorities. If one wants to visit Lexington and the other doesn't, that can change things. The staff prioritizes the players they believe will help us. If a prospect is a multisport athlete, Stoops likes that. If a prospect is from GA, FL, or TX, Stoops knows it means they have faced a high level of hs competition. But the athletic upside is not necessarily dependent on the level of hs competition. If our coaches believe a particular prospect has been overlooked, they trust their analytical skills regardless of where he lives. That's how we got CRod (just as you said), Snell, Allen, Bohanna, Juice, Taylor, Fortner, Saunders, and Bunchy. I'm not convinced they ought to pass on a multisport player they like from GA, but I don't expect the majority to work out. I look for Ws.

I'm not convinced any staff can avoid having more recruiting disappointments than successes. Some players look good on paper but then fail to make an impact. Happens everywhere. That's one reason why the NCAA allows 85 scholarships instead of 50 or 60, and also a reason why the transfer portal has become popularized. Not all players are cut out to go to class, sit through meetings, learn a system, live by the team and university rules, and still excel on Saturdays. I often read comments that seem to oversimplify this complicated developmental process, but I have learned most people don't necessarily want to seriously consider other points of view. So that's how a lot of arguments break out, and I just don't think it is productive or worth the energy. If you believe our coaches won't be able to recruit successful players out of the south unless they have a >#500 online player rating, I'm sure you have given that a lot of thought.

Last edited:
There are some thoughts there that I agree with, and some that I don't. I think your beliefs are firm. You have a right to believe them. In time, we will know more. There is no doubt that a lot of prospects never get on the field much in a five year college football career. The factors that end up determining that are complicated and individualized. There are more Power 4 prospects in GA than in NJ or PA, but I am not sure prospects in NJ or PA are less scrutinized or less evaluated in the current era although it used to be true. I believe some staffs are quicker than others to make comtact and get film, because they have to be quicker in the highly competitive business of recruiting.

KY
MI
OH
IN
IL
MO
NJ
DE
MD
VA
NC
SC
GA
FL
TN
AL
MS
TX

As Barnhart has grown UK's recruiting budget, Coach Stoops has expanded our recruiting footprint. The staff evaluates prospects from all these states, then rank-orders them as priorities for the class based on in-house evaluations (not unlike an NFL GM rank-orders draft prospects in April). At some point, CB prospect A and CB prospect B are ranked as recruiting priorities. If one wants to visit Lexington and the other doesn't, that can change things. The staff prioritizes the players they believe will help us. If a prospect is a multisport athlete, Stoops likes that. If a prospect is from GA, FL, or TX, Stoops knows it means they have faced a high level of hs competition. But the athletic upside is not necessarily dependent on the level of hs competition. If our coaches believe a particular prospect has been overlooked, they trust their analytical skills regardless of where he lives. That's how we got CRod (just as you said), Snell, Allen, Bohanna, Juice, Taylor, Fortner, Saunders, and Bunchy. I'm not convinced they ought to pass on a multisport player they like from GA, but I don't expect the majority to work out. I look for Ws.

I'm not convinced any staff can avoid having more recruiting disappointments than successes. Some players look good on paper but then fail to make an impact. Happens everywhere. That's one reason why the NCAA allows 85 scholarships instead of 50 or 60, and also a reason why the transfer portal has become popularized. Not all players are cut out to go to class, sit through meetings, learn a system, live by the team and university rules, and still excel on Saturdays. I often read comments that seem to oversimplify this complicated developmental process, but I have learned most people don't necessarily want to seriously consider other points of view. So that's how a lot of arguments break out, and I just don't think it is productive or worth the energy. If you believe our coaches won't be able to recruit successful players out of the south unless they have a >#500 online player rating, I'm sure you have given that a lot of thought.
Can add CA and MA to that list of states, UK recently offered QBs from each state.

KY
MI
OH
IN
IL
MO
NJ
DE
MD
VA
NC
SC
GA
FL
TN
AL
MS
TX

Fair points. Good discussion. Appreciate following the work you do on here. Enjoy reading a lot of what you add.

Reactions: maroon79
This is interesting, although the reason for the forward rescheduling has not been reported AFAIK. It could be a lot of things. Maybe he is a UK lean now. Maybe he simply eliminated FL. Or maybe another school has persuaded Hedrick to visit them on June 21. In any case, Hedrick has a chance to be a viable Power 4 OT and would be a good get for Coach Wolford this early in our 2025 class.
He cancelled aTm also. He visited OM this past weekend and is committing Wednesday. Either UK has him hooked or he is deciding between OM and UK. Either way it will over soon

He cancelled aTm also. He visited OM this past weekend and is committing Wednesday. Either UK has him hooked or he is deciding between OM and UK. Either way it will over soon

Hedrick is a classic power RT prospect from FL who could give Coach Wolford a great start early in the recruiting cycle. Hedrick plus Strey could be part of a big statement in June by Wolford. I think he might get it done. I also like Atkins as a developmental OT prospect, physically similar to Malachi Wood but from a background in Dayton with a better level of hs competition.

We are talking here about offensive prospects. At this point, Martels Carter is the only defensive prospect in UK's 2025 class. That has to change soon. Maybe with Smith and Campbell, hopefully? :)

Soon I am going to steal a theme that I saw on a ranked southern team's website. I don't generally visit other teams' websites, because I am just not interested. But I was looking for some specific information, and I noticed they were discussing a "mock recruiting class", not to make a hard prediction but to summarize their recruiting momentum at this early stage. They have their "mock 1.0" up for discussion now. In August, they will move forward to "mock 2.0", and so forth. I gather there will be a "mock 3.0" in the fall. I thought it was interesting, so I am working on that for our OV month.

Reactions: Fadhi and JC-3
Fair points. Good discussion. Appreciate following the work you do on here. Enjoy reading a lot of what you add.

I like to say that recruiting is among the least predictable of human behaviors. You just really never can tell. People like you and me who watch it closely every year still probably have more questions than answers. It is a fascinating, highly competitive, unpredictable process.

Keep commenting.

Can add CA and MA to that list of states, UK recently offered QBs from each state.

True. I am just a bit skeptical whether Stoops will actually sign a hs player from CA or MA. Coen was recruiting CA and Woodward was recruiting MA. It was not productive. I'm not sure traveling to MA is worth it. But if Coach Hamdan can pull an occasional player out of CA, that would be interesting. Especially if they stay around long enough to play.

Reactions: satcheluk
Following is a "mock 1.0" 2025 UK class. There will be a "mock 2.0" in August or September, and a "mock 3.0" in the fall. This is offered simply to stimulate discussion. It is not intended as a firm prediction, because none of us (especially me) really has any idea at this early point what our December class will look like. As happens every year, there will be new names on UK's recruiting radar in the fall that we aren't even thinking about now.

This is not intended to be a wish list. If it was a wish list, it would include the best hs prospects in OH and the south. So it is just a reflexion of our currently reported recruiting momentum. For now, we will discuss in terms of a 20-man class although there is no telling how many scholarships will actually be invested in this class. We know Stoops will hold back some scholarships for transfers again.

A pre-OV "mock 1.0" 2025 UK recruiting class projection.

Offense

1. Stone Saunders, QB, Harrisburg, PA
2. Brennen Ward, QB, Columbus, OH
3. Marquise Davis, RB, Cleveland, OH
4. Quintin Simmons, WR, Cincinnati, OH
5. Tucker Kattus, OL, Cincinnati, OH
6. Dejerrian Miller, WR, St Louis, MO
7. Brody Lennon, TE, Gates Mills, OH
8. Darrin Strey, OL, Paw Paw, MI
9. Taren Hedrick, OL, Naples, FL
10. Jermiel Atkins, OL, Dayton, OH

Defense

1. Martels Carter, DB, Paducah, KY
2. Dalen Penson, DB, Tyrone, GA
3. Dyllon Williams, DB, Demopolis, AL
4. Noah King, DB, Hamilton, OH
5. Dewayne Galloway, DB, Columbus, OH
6. Javeon Campbell, DL, Frankfort, KY
7. Nicholas Smith, DL, Monroe, GA
8. Caleb Bell, DL, Alpharetta, GA
9. Cedric Works, LB, Clayton, OH
10. Jaiden Braker, LB, Snellville, GA

For those wondering why I think we have a reasonable shot at Caleb Bell, UK's coaches just offered him a scholarship less than a month ago. So this is a new recruitment with some momentum. The competition is basically NC St and AR, and there are some signs that our coaches are serious. We need interior defensive linemen. Bell is an interior defensive lineman, and his father is former Pittsburgh Steeler Kendrell Bell. My instinct on this may be wrong, but I think our coaches will press for an OV.

Jaiden Braker is being directly recruited by Coach White. Braker can play inside or outside and has the athleticism and frame to play Will LB or Alex Afari's hybrid LB role. Braker is a fit for Coach White. Basically, SCar and NC St are our competition. There are already "medium" crystal ball picks for SCar, but they are all logged by SCar insiders. But UK gets his final OV on June 21. So if Braker shows in Lexington on June 21, Coach White's chances are good. This is a guess, but not a wild one. You never know about recruiting.

There are no guarantees that "mock 3.0" next fall will look a whole lot like "mock 1.0" this weekend, because recruiting is among the least predictable of human behaviors. This is only one representation of how our recruiting momentum looks right now, prior to the OVs.

Last edited:
So Vince, Collins, and Wolford are basically responsible for 90% of the recruits interested in UK enough to take an official visit. Yikes. What are the other coaches up to?
No. You are judging by the OVs already scheduled this month, which is a SS. There will be many more OVs during the fall. Marrow, Collins, and Wolf are very active recruiters. So are White, Stewart, Shorts, and Mike. But White (VA, NC, PA, Nashville), Stewart (IN, NC, Atlanta, Savannah), Shorts (TX, VA, MD, NJ), and Mike (south and western FL) are covering states and areas where UK's recruiting resources have been more recently deployed and recruiting traction is still a work in progress. Buffano is almost exclusively recruiting the St Louis area, another new urban recruiting priority. He has already signed Caleb Redd and probably leads for Dejerrian Miller now. Boulware is exclusively recruiting RBs and key special teams pieces right now. It's all good.

No. You are judging by the OVs already scheduled this month, which is a SS. There will be many more OVs during the fall. Marrow, Collins, and Wolf are very active recruiters. So are White, Stewart, Shorts, and Mike. But White (VA, NC, PA, Nashville), Stewart (IN, NC, Atlanta, Savannah), Shorts (TX, VA, MD, NJ), and Mike (south and western FL) are covering states and areas where UK's recruiting resources have been more recently deployed and recruiting traction is still a work in progress. Buffano is almost exclusively recruiting the St Louis area, another new urban recruiting priority. He has already signed Caleb Redd and probably leads for Dejerrian Miller now. Boulware is exclusively recruiting RBs and key special teams pieces right now. It's all good.

Rembrandt,
With the recent RB commit at tOSU, and the fact they lead for anolther highly rated RB rated > West, where do you see West when all the dust settles?
Thanks in advance and for all that you do.
Peace.

Rembrandt,
With the recent RB commit at tOSU, and the fact they lead for anolther highly rated RB rated > West, where do you see West when all the dust settles?
Peace.
I sure don't see him at UK, if that is what you are wondering. But it will be interesting to see if he actually shows up in Lexington for his scheduled UK OV this weekend. Without knowing that, if I have to guess at this moment, he will either commit to OH St or else schedule other OVs. But the signing date is more than 6 months away, and anything can happen in recruiting. It is seldom predictable.

Shamar Arnoux, DB, Carrollton, GA

Visiting UK today. Late addition to the list. IDK if it is an OV or UV, but probably OV. Recently decommitted from TN. Coach Collins is his primary recruiter. Long frame, long arms. Reportedly holds at least 10 SEC offers plus MI. Can't even guess yet what our chances are, but he would definitely be a take.

Last edited:
Shaman Arnoux, DB, Carrollton, GA

Visiting UK today. Late addition to the list. IDK if it is an OV or UV, but probably OV. Recently decommitted from TN. Coach Collins is his primary recruiter. Long frame, long arms. Reportedly holds at least 10 SEC offers plus MI. Can't even guess yet what our chances are, but he would definitely be a take.
Getting this player on campus gives UK at least a puncher's chance. Hopefully it'll be enough to sway him, big time talent.

Shaman Arnoux, DB, Carrollton, GA

Coach Collins has clearly established himself as a coach who can get a young DB into the NFL....and players are paying attention. UK has solidified Collins status by wisely signing him to a contract extension replete with a promotion to CO-DC. Hopefully he can pull this one off, huge feather in his cap if successful.

Rembrandt,
Peace.

Isaiah West is not visiting UK this weekend and does not plan to reschedule. He is likely to commit to OH St soon. We can remove him from the list of UK possibilities.

Hedrick and Stray both look like right tackles on film.
Hedrick has the look of a RT, with strength, leverage, and decent athleticism. Hedrick could play RT or RG, but my assumption would be that Marc Nave is likely to control the starting RG job for multiple seasons.

I suspect Tucker Kattus might become a LG, but that is very preliminary. He is talented enough to play on either side, but I like his profile on the blind side where he would be a key run blocker when our RB cuts back from the running gap to the left. The Kattus boys are all strong run blockers, but Tucker also shows pretty good footwork for a large man.

Recruiting involves an assessment of tools and upside. Strey has the frame of a LT. High cut, long arms. That doesn't mean he will be successfully developed into a LT since it requires development of great footwork and lateral movement for blindside pass protection. It's a learning process. But Strey is a guy who Coach Wolf could make a serious effort to develop on the left side because Strey seems to have SEC upside on the left. Wood and Atkins also have that LT body type. But Strey is a stronger athlete at this stage. It would be nice to have some quality depth over there for a change.

Last edited:
It is being suggested elsewhere this morning by a usually reliable source that OL Andrew Stargel (Roswell, GA) is now down to OH St and UK, and is still a take for OH St. Stargel is visiting OH St this weekend, and is scheduled to OV UK on June 21. It could be over before then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT