ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2025 Recruiting

Just a thought but could taking two top OG prospects and converting them to NT have hurt some in our OL recruiting?
Interesting question. I doubt it. The generally accepted narrative was that McCall and Rogers picked UK because they thought they would eventually make more NFL money as DTs than they could make as OGs. Some guys prefer the defensive side. Generally speaking, we haven't had that much trouble recruiting OGs. But we don't have enough OTs, so those have been coming here lately out of the portal. Hopefully Coach Wolford can turn that around.

I believe Carter will commit to UK. Prior to relocating to Paducah, he liked GA and Auburn. Recruiting is among the least predictable of human behaviors. Maybe he just wants to be sure. You never know for sure what any athlete will decide. But I am fairly confident he likes UK best, and that this is good timing for him to join our secondary.

He may list an offer from UGA but I never seen his name mentioned as visiting even as an unofficial. Campbell is a different story
Interesting question. I doubt it. The generally accepted narrative was that McCall and Rogers picked UK because they thought they would eventually make more NFL money as DTs than they could make as OGs. Some guys prefer the defensive side. Generally speaking, we haven't had that much trouble recruiting OGs. But we don't have enough OTs, so those have been coming here lately out of the portal. Hopefully Coach Wolford can turn that around.

That's not a UK problem, that a problem everyone has. Quite a few big guys around that can work in a small space, but getting the length, size, agility and quickness to work in space is not as easy. I think, wrestling, BB help alot with balance and footwork.

He may list an offer from UGA but I never seen his name mentioned as visiting even as an unofficial.

GA offered Martels Carter on April 17, 2023. I have found four different totally independent sources that publicly reported GA offered a scholarship to Carter. They can't all be wrong. Through 2021, Carter lived in Rome, GA. In 2022 Carter lived in Chattanooga. Both Rome and Chattanooga are an easy drive from Athens. Carter could have visited Athens many times. How would you have known? Let's not play the "we never offered him" game. He reportedly holds 13 SEC offers including GA, AL, and OK.

Reactions: JASUN74
GA offered Martels Carter on April 17, 2023. I have found four different totally independent sources that publicly reported GA offered a scholarship to Carter. They can't all be wrong. Through 2021, Carter lived in Rome, GA. In 2022 Carter lived in Chattanooga. Both Rome and Chattanooga are an easy drive from Athens. Carter could have visited Athens many times. How would you have known? Let's not play the "we never offered him" game. He reportedly holds 13 SEC offers including GA, AL, and OK.

He hasn't visited in the last year, but here is the deal on offers, I am sure you already know this, a kid can claim offers from any school he wants, coaches can't comment on him until he signs, nor would they to say he doesn't have an offer. He is a nice player, congrats on getting him. Now Campbell isn't very likely to sign with UGA, top 5 maybe, but he is being recruited hard by the staff and will be a miss. My inside connection at UGA left to go play in the NFL, so from this point on things I hear will be very limited.

He hasn't visited in the last year, but here is the deal on offers, I am sure you already know this, a kid can claim offers from any school he wants, coaches can't comment on him until he signs, nor would they to say he doesn't have an offer. He is a nice player, congrats on getting him. Now Campbell isn't very likely to sign with UGA, top 5 maybe, but he is being recruited hard by the staff and will be a miss. My inside connection at UGA left to go play in the NFL, so from this point on things I hear will be very limited.

Yes, we already know all of that. We are SEC football fans.

So, again, GA offered Martels Carter on April 17, 2023, according to multiple independent sources. Prior to that, Carter was interested in GA, and nobody here has a log that documents the lengths to which Carter went. Not me. Not you.

Maybe I am incorrect, but you sure make it seem like you are suggesting UK is getting Carter, at least in part, because GA really didn't want him. I can't read your mind, but it seems fair to say this is the implication of your comments on Carter. In the past, you have complained that some of us don't take you seriously enough. Respectfully, note that we don't care whether Kirby wants Carter. That might be an issue for you, but not for us. We see Carter as an excellent match for our defensive secondary. Respectfully, this is why I have suggested trying to keep your comments more in the context of UK football, since this is the UK football board. I don't see that suggestion being disrespectful in any way. Pretty simple really. If you want to get yourself into a back and forth about whether Kirby wanted Carter, it just seems like the GA football board would be the place for that. That way, you won't distract the UK recruiting thread. But if you want to keep swimming upstream here, knock yourself out. It does not add to our discussion of UK's 2025 defensive recruiting, because we are glad to have Carter in our class for reasons extensively discussed here.

On3 has N’kye Wynn visiting. Him and Strey are so important for that OL.
N'Kye Wynn will not OV UK. That never came together because Wynn is too much of a project and not one of Coach Wolford's priorities.

Strey, however, is still scheduled to OV UK on June 7. Strey, a Marrow/Wolford recruit, reportedly holds at least 8 B10 and 4 SEC offers and would be a good OT get for us if it works out. But Strey also has OVs scheduled to Stanford, NWern, IL, and WI. It will be tough to sign him.

Last edited:
Great frame. Lots of athleticism.
Not much football experience. The upside is huge.
Can't believe I'm saying this but this player is the closest thing I've seen to Art Still since....well, Art Still. Does that mean he'll reach Art Still's level? Of course not. But what it does mean is Javeon Campbell, if he can stay motivated, focused and healthy, has a very bright future. The thought of his teaming with Brian Robinson in a future UK DL makes me giddy. Let's hope for the best.

Can't believe I'm saying this but this player is the closest thing I've seen to Art Still since....well, Art Still. Does that mean he'll reach Art Still's level? Of course not. But what it does mean is Javeon Campbell, if he can stay motivated, focused and healthy, has a very bright future. The thought of his teaming with Brian Robinson in a future UK DL makes me giddy. Let's hope for the best.
Yes...but they still need a top level nose tackle...likely in this class.

New report of another UK OV for June 21.

Jaiden Braker, LB, Snellville, GA

Snellville is just northeast of Atlanta, in Gwinett Co. So, basically, another Atlanta prospect. He attends S Gwinnett hs.

Braker is being recruited by Coach White. Braker is an edge LB with a long frame who could be developed into a Jack LB in Coach White's system. He reportedly holds 2 SEC, 2 B10, and 2 ACC offers.

New report of another UK OV for June 21.

Jaiden Braker, LB, Snellville, GA

Snellville is just northeast of Atlanta, in Gwinett Co. So, basically, another Atlanta prospect. He attends S Gwinnett hs.

Braker is being recruited by Coach White. Braker is an edge LB with a long frame who could be developed into a Jack LB in Coach White's system. He reportedly holds 2 SEC, 2 B10, and 2 ACC offers.
Really nice prospect.

N'Kye Wynn will not OV UK. That never came together because Wynn is too much of a project and not one of Coach Wolford's priorities.

Strey, however, is still scheduled to OV UK on June 7. Strey, a Marrow/Wolford recruit, reportedly holds at least 8 B10 and 4 SEC offers and would be a good OT get for us if it works out. But Strey also has OVs scheduled to Stanford, NWern, IL, and WI. It will be tough to sign him.
According to 247 - you are incorrect in your assessment of Wynn. 247 says that Wynn has moved into their top 300 prospects for the 2025 class and Wisconsin has gone all in on him. They said Wynn cancelled his UK visit to visit Wisconsin instead (where he is expected to commit). Speaking of projects, looks like UK is hosting several Oline projects in June.

Reactions: ABlueWildcat
According to 247 - you are incorrect in your assessment of Wynn. 247 says that Wynn has moved into their top 300 prospects for the 2025 class and Wisconsin has gone all in on him. They said Wynn cancelled his UK visit to visit Wisconsin instead (where he is expected to commit). Speaking of projects, looks like UK is hosting several Oline projects in June.
---
They'll fit right in with our "fan" projects.

• Haha
Reactions: The-Hack
You should recheck your source. What you are saying would have been true at one time, but not for at least several weeks. No one is currently reporting Wynn will OV UK. Wynn will visit MI St, Rutgers, Pitt, and WI. Not UK. Coach Wolford has other recruiting priorities. I am not trying to convince you, just responding to your post so no one else is misled.

Last edited:
You should recheck your source. What you are saying would have been true at one time, but not for at least several weeks. No one is currently reporting Wynn will OV UK. Wynn will visit MI St, Rutgers, Pitt, and WI. Not UK. Coach Wolford has other recruiting priorities. I am not trying to convince you, just responding to your post so no one else is misled.
Correct - no one is saying Wynn will visit UK. 247 is saying Wynn cancelled his visit to UK because he wanted to visit Wisconsin instead, not that UK stopped recruiting him.

Correct - no one is saying Wynn will visit UK. 247 is saying Wynn cancelled his visit to UK because he wanted to visit Wisconsin instead, not that UK stopped recruiting him.
Believe whatever you want. Wynn is 6'5" 277# and not the right body type to be developed in this offense. Wynn's visit was cancelled because Coach Wolford is not recruiting him. Same thing that recently happened with Rafael Greene. Again, I am not trying to convince you. I am straight up about it when prospects like Tavion Wallace and Isaiah West actually do drop UK. Wolford recently came back to UK and revised the OL recruiting priorities. He is recruiting other OL prospects. Just giving others here the accurate story.

Again, check your source and you will find Wynn doesn't even hold an offer from UK.

And with regard to the OL prospects who will OV in June, have you watched film? I like some of them better than others, but all have multiple SEC offers and are legit.

Last edited:
Reactions: delk4three
Believe whatever you want. Wynn is 6'5" 277# and not the right body type to be developed in this offense. Wynn's visit was cancelled because Coach Wolford is not recruiting him. Same thing that recently happened with Rafael Greene. Again, I am not trying to convince you. I am straight up about it when prospects like Tavion Wallace and Isaiah West actually do drop UK. Wolford recently came back to UK and revised the OL recruiting priorities. He is recruiting other OL prospects. Just giving others here the accurate story.

Again, check your source and you will find Wynn doesn't even hold an offer from UK.

And with regard to the OL prospects who will OV in June, have you watched film? I like some of them better than others, but all have multiple SEC offers and are legit.
Toward this end on this very day UK made the cut for highly regarded OT Taren Hedrick out of Naples, FL and will get a visit in late June. Others on Hedrick's list include UF, MO, Ole Miss, SCAR, TN and TAM. Will UK be able to sign Hedrick? I don't know but I trust Coach Wolford much, much more than UK's previous OL coach.

Last edited:
Toward this end on this very day UK made the cut for highly regarded OT Taren Hedrick out of Missouri and will get a visit in late June. Others on Hedrick's list include UF, MO, Ole Miss, SCAR, TN and TAM. Will UK be able to sign Hedrick? I don't know but I trust Coach Wolford much, much more than UK's previous OL coach.
Wolf is a 'crutin machine for sure.

Toward this end on this very day UK made the cut for highly regarded OT Taren Hedrick out of Missouri and will get a visit in late June. Others on Hedrick's list include UF, MO, Ole Miss, SCAR, TN and TAM. Will UK be able to sign Hedrick? I don't know but I trust Coach Wolford much, much more than UK's previous OL coach.
That list of schools definitely tells us he’s a player with a lot of potential. Would be a great addition if we could go head to head with all those teams and win here. I said before I thought we had an unbelievable staff, this may be the best all around we’ve had though. Clink was awesome but I love everyone here right now. As for Hedrick, he really can’t go wrong with any of these schools. lol. The SEC man. It’s a beast!

I agree with you on Coach Wolford.

Getting Hedrick's OV scheduled is a signal that UK has a shot. No OV, no shot this time of year. We have a chance to sign any player who OVs here. Right now, Hedrick has two OVs scheduled, FL on June 7 and UK on June 21. Assume he will schedule at least one more, but that hasn't happened yet. Hedrick attends Community School of Naples (FL). If Hedrick gets through his OV to FL without committing, UK's chances get better for sure. He looks like a textbook RT with strength and good feet.

Nicholas Smith, DL, Monroe, GA

As discussed here earlier, Smith is scheduled to OV UK on June 21. He is being recruited by Coach White. So far, UK is the only OV he has scheduled. Now comes news that Smith may already be a UK lean.

Smith holds two SEC offers, UK and MS St. He has also been offered by WV, GA Tech, and UCF. MS St has a history of producing some interesting NFL defensive linemen, but this is not exactly a stellar offer sheet. So you wonder why more schools have not been recruiting him. It isn't hard to see what Coach White likes about him. He is a multisport athlete, which has been important to Coach Stoops as a key to untapped potential in the past, e.g., Calvin Taylor, Josh Allen, Jordan Wright, Carrington Valentine. He has been playing hs ball in GA, where he has excelled. At 6'6" 275#, his frame is ideal for an SEC DE prospect. But OTOH, Walnut Grove hs is not known for producing top SEC players, so maybe some Power 4 schools are still in the process of discovering and scouting Smith.

June 21 will be a very interesting day for UK's 2025 recruiting class, as 10 hs players are already scheduled to visit Lexington that day.

More & more sounds like Tavion Wallace is a lost cause. Told Rusty Mansell this wk FSU is way ahead as his leader.

More & more sounds like Tavion Wallace is a lost cause. Told Rusty Mansell this wk FSU is way ahead as his leader.
That's been the case for some time. UK has moved on from Wallace but with the portal one never knows what the future holds.

Reactions: catben

As discussed here earlier, Smith is scheduled to OV UK on June 21. He is being recruited by Coach White. So far, UK is the only OV he has scheduled. Now comes news that Smith may already be a UK lean.

Smith holds two SEC offers, UK and MS St. He has also been offered by WV, GA Tech, and UCF. MS St has a history of producing some interesting NFL defensive linemen, but this is not exactly a stellar offer sheet. So you wonder why more schools have not been recruiting him. It isn't hard to see what Coach White likes about him. He is a multisport athlete, which has been important to Coach Stoops as a key to untapped potential in the past, e.g., Calvin Taylor, Josh Allen, Jordan Wright, Carrington Valentine. He has been playing hs ball in GA, where he has excelled. At 6'6" 275#, his frame is ideal for an SEC DE prospect. But OTOH, Walnut Grove hs is not known for producing top SEC players, so maybe some Power 4 schools are still in the process of discovering and scouting Smith.

June 21 will be a very interesting day for UK's 2025 recruiting class, as 10 hs players are already scheduled to visit Lexington that day.
Read another interview with this player in which he states to having built a close relationship with Anwar Stewart. Glad to see that. His film shows a big guy who runs really well, hits hard, plays angry. Being undervalued by the "experts."

I'm confused - typical - whether Hedrick is in MO or Naples, FL.

247 reporting that Dwayne Galloway will OV June 18th. Def the guy they need to land at CB!
Yes, he sure is. But he likes Purdue. Allen Trieu just logged a crystal ball prediction for Galloway to Purdue, and he is usually not wrong. Galloway will visit Purdue June 7. If he doesn't commit then, maybe Coach Marrow pulls off a surprise.

Kelan Butler, LB, Jefferson, GA
Shaun Terry, WR, Ironton, OH

Butler UVed UK yesterday. Terry has decommitted from ND and is talking with Coach Marrow.

The following are getting ready to OV UK in June, and it is being suggested by public sources that their interest in UK is strong.

Jayden Clark, OL, Clayton, OH
Demarcus Gardner, DB, Cedartown, GA

The following appear to be current UK leans-

Dalen Penson, DB, Tyrone, GA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT