ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2024 Recruiting

I'll give Stoops and staff this.....even when we crap the bad on the field (heck even the official visit for these guys)...he still pulls in quality recruiting classes to keep some momentum to the program.

If we get Dooley and Dennis...even Nave to verbal. All three spots of critical need as we can see to this roster.
Dooley picked MO over UK, Vandy and several like an Akron. Plays safety and is a good athlete. Think our coaches are looking at his size athleticism and potential. I would have liked at least one more highly rated DB to go with Nichols and the other two we have. We could be getting a little concerned with Nichols being seriously recruited by a top program, just my opinion. Now Dooley has offers from WI, Tulane and Maryland? No sure though.

Last edited:
At 275 he'd need a RS year at least regardless of position.
For sure. We are past any kids taking a tackles spot from recruiting class. These guys are what we hope to battle once flax ford And cox leave Ky

- sounds like we hope cox comes back at LT and Ford will be fine at RT next season. Dylan Ray is the backup
- Then Hall can play and maybe Malachi Wood for depth next year
- id bet Ky hits the portal for a tackle at minimum…especially if cox does not come bacm

Reactions: The-Hack
Are Dennis/Nave OTs? UK will still need to hit the portal hard, especially for OL/CBs.
Nave was recruited by OH St as an OG. Depending on development, either Nave or Dennis could possibly play RT at a Power 5 school. Dennis probably has a better chance of playing OT than Nave. Neither projects as a LT, and both could end up as OGs depending on how they develop.

Courtland Ford is scheduled to return, but Marques Cox and Jeremy Flax will graduate. Due to injury, Nik Hall's future career is in doubt. Malachi Wood isn't ready. It's a sure thing that Stoops needs to take at least one more OT from the portal. Two would be better.

Except for junior Andru Phillips, all of the other important CBs on UK's roster are freshmen and sophomores (and there are a lot of them). At times when they have not played well, that was mainly due to lack of playing experience. There is no lack of talent. Many of them have high upsides. UK might take one more CB through the portal but S is a much bigger need with Geiger and Childress due to graduate.

Evidently Cam Dooley (S, Valley, AL) has decommitted from MO, and UK may be back in the mix to sign him. But it's too soon to know how seriously Dooley is interested. Dooley is a multisport athlete. Zach Yenser is his primary UK recruiter and Frank Buffano is the secondary. Dooley OVed UK on June 9, shortly before committing to MO.

Quaysheed Scott and Jiquavious Marshall project as either safeties or CBs. Antwan Smith probably projects as a nickel, but might be a S. To become a serious LB prospect, Smith would have to add at least 30-35# of muscle to his frame just to begin competing as a LB. With Geiger and Childress due to graduate, we could use another S in our class. Vandy may be another possibility for Dooley. Something to watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: maroon79
My bad. I did not look it up, but I remembered him as 295 or so.

But either way, they all need work

See what happens when you get old

What you mayhave read is a reflection of MI St previously recruiting Dennis as an OT. The position he plays will depend on where he signs and how he is developed.
Previous hockey player. Great footwork. Plays LT now. 6-5, 285 now. Has played all positions on the OL and is actually ranked as an interior OLine player.

Reactions: JPFisher
Yea. That is another issue. 29.5 inch arms are not conducive to being an OL in college

For sure. We are past any kids taking a tackles spot from recruiting class. These guys are what we hope to battle once flax ford And cox leave Ky

- sounds like we hope cox comes back at LT and Ford will be fine at RT next season. Dylan Ray is the backup
- Then Hall can play and maybe Malachi Wood for depth next year
- id bet Ky hits the portal for a tackle at minimum…especially if cox does not come bacm
My understanding is that Hall is no longer with the program. Both Cox’s have another year they could play.

Malachi is progressing nicely, and weighs 313 lbs., on target for play as a RS Sophomore, and maybe earlier..

My understanding is that Hall is no longer with the program. Both Cox’s have another year they could play.

Malachi is progressing nicely, and weighs 313 lbs., on target for play as a RS Sophomore, and maybe earlier..
Think you've mixed up Hall and Bingham. Bingham is the one said to be no longer with the program, Hall may have had career threatening back surgery but is still around.

He is an OT. I have not read one thing about him being a guard.
Evaluated about four months ago, according to Gabe Brooks, he 'likely projects best as an athletic interior blocker.' Also commented he 'looks like one of the better IOL prospects even though he is experienced at multiple OL spots, outside and inside.' They compare him to OG Logan Bruss of the LA Rams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rembrandt90
Evaluated about four months ago, according to Gabe Brooks, he 'likely projects best as an athletic interior blocker.' Also commented he 'looks like one of the better IOL prospects even though he is experienced at multiple OL spots, outside and inside.' They compare him to OG Logan Bruss of the LA Rams.
Actually I hadn’t read that, but I have seen film on him playing OG and pulling to the opposite side of the field and looking good doing it. Most of his film tho is at LOT. So who knows. At 6-5, 285 he just oozes tackle but I could be mistaken. And like I said, he is highly rated in the IOL group.

With game #9 coming up later today, the December signing date is now about 6 weeks away. UK's 2024 recruiting class currently has 21 public commitments. Many times on this thread, we have discussed the total number of prospects that will ultimately be signed in this class. The bottom line is it probably depends on-

1. How many current "seniors" will return in 2024 to take a COVID season.

2. How many current Wildcat underclassmen will decide to transfer out during the upcoming offseason.

3. Will any current UK commits decommit in the coming weeks?

4. How many scholarships Coach Stoops wants to save in his back pocket for incoming transfers during the upcoming offseason.

5. How efficiently our coaches can anticipate factors #1, #2, and #3 above ahead of the signing date.

In any case, current recruiting behavior of our coaches suggests there are still a couple of scholarships left to be filled in our 2024 class.

The list of possibilities has decreased as prospects have announced commitments during the fall. We have some idea who our coaches are still recruiting. It should also be mentioned that decommits are occurring around the country, so there is still time for new names to pop up on UK's recruiting radar. Let's keep an eye on the visitors list for the Nov. 11 UK-AL game in Lexington because that should give us a clue about whether UK's coaches might start recruiting other new prospects late in this cycle.

One name to watch is multisport athlete Cam Dooley (S, Valley, AL) who recently decommitted from MO. Dooley OVed UK in June. Zach Yenser and Frank Buffano are Dooley's UK recruiters, and UK has recently received a new CB pick for Dooley. So at least one online guru believes Dooley will commit to UK.

Here are some 2024 prospects UK's coaches still appear to be actively recruiting-

Andrew Dennis, OL, Mt. Pleasant, MI
Cam Dooley, S, Valley, AL
Donavon Hamilton, WR, Fishers. IN
Marc Nave, OL, Toledo, OH
Tyshawn Sanders, DB, Marion, SC (App St commit)
Yannick Smith, WR, Summerville, SC (ECU commit)

In response to recent discussion on this thread, neither Dennis nor Nave would project as an SEC LT. It is possible that one or both could develop into a RT, but interior OL is a safer bet. Currently, I suspect UK has a better chance to sign Nave than Dennis. I am basing this on the fact that Nave recently UVed UK and has not yet scheduled any other campus visits, whereas Dennis has not yet scheduled any visits or indicated any specific interest in UK. But I wouldn't be surprised if Dennis decides to attend the UK-AL game.

Finally, will UK's 2024 class suffer any decommits? Basically, a decommit or two happens every year, and the importance of the transfer portal is only increasing the likelihood of late decommits. To date, there haven't really been any obvious stirrings among UK's commits. But Quaysheed Scott recently received an offer from home state SCar, and his brother plays for the Gamecocks. There have been online rumors about a pending visit to SCar by Scott, but nothing has yet been scheduled AFAIK. It wouldn't be surprising if Scott attends the UK-Scar game in Columbia on Nov. 18. So that is something to watch. Another one to keep in mind is Terhyon Nichols. There is currently no factual reason to suspect Nichols will decommit, but OH St's coaches have been staying in touch with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnfarrel
With game #9 coming up later today, the December signing date is now about 6 weeks away. UK's 2024 recruiting class currently has 21 public commitments. Many times on this thread, we have discussed the total number of prospects that will ultimately be signed in this class. The bottom line is it probably depends on-

1. How many current "seniors" will return in 2024 to take a COVID season.

2. How many current Wildcat underclassmen will decide to transfer out during the upcoming offseason.

3. Will any current UK commits decommit in the coming weeks?

4. How many scholarships Coach Stoops wants to save in his back pocket for incoming transfers during the upcoming offseason.

5. How efficiently our coaches can anticipate factors #1, #2, and #3 above ahead of the signing date.

In any case, current recruiting behavior of our coaches suggests there are still a couple of scholarships left to be filled in our 2024 class.

The list of possibilities has decreased as prospects have announced commitments during the fall. We have some idea who our coaches are still recruiting. It should also be mentioned that decommits are occurring around the country, so there is still time for new names to pop up on UK's recruiting radar. Let's keep an eye on the visitors list for the Nov. 11 UK-AL game in Lexington because that should give us a clue about whether UK's coaches might start recruiting other new prospects late in this cycle.

One name to watch is multisport athlete Cam Dooley (S, Valley, AL) who recently decommitted from MO. Dooley OVed UK in June. Zach Yenser and Frank Buffano are Dooley's UK recruiters, and UK has recently received a new CB pick for Dooley. So at least one online guru believes Dooley will commit to UK.

Here are some 2024 prospects UK's coaches still appear to be actively recruiting-

Andrew Dennis, OL, Mt. Pleasant, MI
Cam Dooley, S, Valley, AL
Donavon Hamilton, WR, Fishers. IN
Marc Nave, OL, Toledo, OH
Tyshawn Sanders, DB, Marion, SC (App St commit)
Yannick Smith, WR, Summerville, SC (ECU commit)

In response to recent discussion on this thread, neither Dennis nor Nave would project as an SEC LT. It is possible that one or both could develop into a RT, but interior OL is a safer bet. Currently, I suspect UK has a better chance to sign Nave than Dennis. I am basing this on the fact that Nave recently UVed UK and has not yet scheduled any other campus visits, whereas Dennis has not yet scheduled any visits or indicated any specific interest in UK. But I wouldn't be surprised if Dennis decides to attend the UK-AL game.

Finally, will UK's 2024 class suffer any decommits? Basically, a decommit or two happens every year, and the importance of the transfer portal is only increasing the likelihood of late decommits. To date, there haven't really been any obvious stirrings among UK's commits. But Quaysheed Scott recently received an offer from home state SCar, and his brother plays for the Gamecocks. There have been online rumors about a pending visit to SCar by Scott, but nothing has yet been scheduled AFAIK. It wouldn't be surprising if Scott attends the UK-Scar game in Columbia on Nov. 18. So that is something to watch. Another one to keep in mind is Terhyon Nichols. There is currently no factual reason to suspect Nichols will decommit, but OH St's coaches have been staying in touch with him.
Idk if true but read Dennis planned to OV in DEC which is a good sign.

Idk if true but read Dennis planned to OV in DEC which is a good sign.
No OV date has been announced, but the hope is that Dennis will visit Lexington. That's what the two parties are discussing. In order to sign him, we have to get him on campus first.

Throughout the summer, you, I, and a few others were saying that UK's coaches would eventually identify new OL targets during the fall. Dennis and Nave are recent decommits. This is how it happens. If we can add one of them, it would help. If we can somehow add both, that would help a lot more. I think it's still too early in the process for us to get our hopes up, but at least they are talking.

For anyone still wondering, I don't see evidence that Kamron Mikell made his scheduled OV to UK on Oct. 28. So I believe Mikell has dropped UK from his list. I suspect Mikell will commit to TN later this month.

• Sad
Reactions: Girthang
Sure it’s been discussed in here but didn’t wade through 47 pages.

It’s highly possible UK will need multiple portal QB’s. Leary graduates and word Sheron and Wade both go.

Curious to see this play out. Getting one shouldn’t be a problem. Two seems to be a stretch

Sure it’s been discussed in here but didn’t wade through 47 pages.

It’s highly possible UK will need multiple portal QB’s. Leary graduates and word Sheron and Wade both go.

Curious to see this play out. Getting one shouldn’t be a problem. Two seems to be a stretch
We have been discussing the 2024 recruiting class here, and Cutter Boley is a valued commit.

However, the 2024 QB situation is a good discussion. Some seem to expect Leary back in 2024. I don't. I have counted the seasons in his bio and I believe he is done after 2023. But I could be wrong. I think there is consensus that Boley won't be ready next September, even though he plans to enroll in January. Count me in the camp that does not believe Kaiya Sheron will be the starter, but IDK if he stays. Again, I could be wrong. So I am with you about taking another transfer. We have to. I don't like it, because it's a game of roulette. But I don't see a way around it.

FWIW, I agree.

I too have posted that UK needs a Portal QB, but that was on the assumption that the others were returning; so I agree that 2 might be the call

I could also see a Portal OLT, RB, and maybe WR, and DB.

That’s a lot more talent to add when you have 21 commits already.

That would bring the total up to 26 or 27 depending on how you count.

The last time I counted, I think there were 22 slots open, but with 2 more QBs leaving, it would settle the roster with some much needed experience, and put less pressure on a true Freshman QB.

Reactions: Girthang
FWIW, I agree.

I too have posted that UK needs a Portal QB, but that was on the assumption that the others were returning; so I agree that 2 might be the call

I could also see a Portal OLT, RB, and maybe WR, and DB.

That’s a lot more talent to add when you have 21 commits already.

That would bring the total up to 26 or 27 depending on how you count.

The last time I counted, I think there were 22 slots open, but with 2 more QBs leaving, it would settle the roster with some much needed experience, and put less pressure on a true Freshman QB.
Not doubting you but where are you seeing 2 QBs will leave?

Has anyone heard anything on Cam Dooley?

Or for that matter anyone else?

I’m dried up over here

We have been discussing the 2024 recruiting class here, and Cutter Boley is a valued commit.

However, the 2024 QB situation is a good discussion. Some seem to expect Leary back in 2024. I don't. I have counted the seasons in his bio and I believe he is done after 2023. But I could be wrong. I think there is consensus that Boley won't be ready next September, even though he plans to enroll in January. Count me in the camp that does not believe Kaiya Sheron will be the starter, but IDK if he stays. Again, I could be wrong. So I am with you about taking another transfer. We have to. I don't like it, because it's a game of roulette. But I don't see a way around it.
Question. I thought I read somewhere that the 25 annual limit was being done away with but the 85 overall limit was being retained. Was that just a proposal? Of course, I realize that Coaches must be masters at juggling between immediate needs (portal) and development (high school recruiting).

Aba Selm 6A player of the year KSR linemen of the year prep red zone all state team and will most probably make Lexington Herold all state team this kid will be a starter at tackle his 2 nd year at UK. 4 years varsity starter and has always played out of his age group Don’t be surprised to see him on the field next season

• Wow
Reactions: catben
Question. I thought I read somewhere that the 25 annual limit was being done away with but the 85 overall limit was being retained. Was that just a proposal? Of course, I realize that Coaches must be masters at juggling between immediate needs (portal) and development (high school recruiting).
You are correct it’s for real

Aba Selm 6A player of the year KSR linemen of the year prep red zone all state team and will most probably make Lexington Herold all state team this kid will be a starter at tackle his 2 nd year at UK. 4 years varsity starter and has always played out of his age group Don’t be surprised to see him on the field next season

We shall see. There are a lot of factors in starting as a true freshman at the SEC level

It’s a huge hill

Definitely Wade. He hasn’t sniffed the field. Does his brother go with him is the question?

I think Sheron will wait to see what happens in spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT