ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2024 Recruiting

Circumstantial evidence suggests Nave may have decommitted from OH St with his eye on UK. Here are the optics. Nave decommits and then almost immediately schedules a visit to UK. He has held a UK scholarship offer since May, 2022. Vince Marrow stayed in touch.

So let's say Nave looks at OH St's stacked OL depth chart and then looks at the three other OL prospects committed to OH St's class. He figures maybe his chances of getting onto the field in Columbus aren't very good so he gets cold feet. So he starts thinking maybe he could flip to an up and coming SEC team and improve his chances to play. This sounds plausible.

Then he visits UK on Oct. 14. In a sloppy performance, UK gets beat at home and UK's OL plays like cold crap. Maybe Nave sees an opportunity. Or maybe he gets scared off. At this point, who can say?
I was talking about maroon's statistics. One report I read said that OSU told Nave to look elsewhere and they think they are going to flip Satterwhite from Tenn.

• Wow
Reactions: Girthang
Maybe just take Jaylin Thompson from Sparty

We could use another DB. Maybe?
Might want to recalculate that one, Maroon. There are two other CBs in MI St's current class but Jaylen Thompson is the best of the three. There is no current public evidence that Thompson is considering a decommit from MI St. And if he did decommit, he already holds at least 7 SEC offers plus Ml and OK. He would still be a take for most of those potential suitors. UK could use another DB which is why our coaches just offered Tyshawn Sanders.

I was talking about maroon's statistics. One report I read said that OSU told Nave to look elsewhere and they think they are going to flip Satterwhite from Tenn.
One way or another, whether his idea or Ryan Day's, I was just offering circumstantial evidence that Nave may have decommitted from OH St with an eye on UK first. He almost immediately UVed UK last weekend, and who knows how watching that game might have affected his thinking? I doubt it was an immediate deal killer, but it probably didn't help.

Last edited:
Circumstantial evidence suggests Nave may have decommitted from OH St with his eye on UK. Here are the optics. Nave decommits and then almost immediately schedules a visit to UK. He has held a UK scholarship offer since May, 2022. Vince Marrow stayed in touch.

So let's say Nave looks at OH St's stacked OL depth chart and then looks at the three other OL prospects committed to OH St's class. He figures maybe his chances of getting onto the field in Columbus aren't very good so he gets cold feet. So he starts thinking maybe he could flip to an up and coming SEC team and improve his chances to play. This sounds plausible.

Then he visits UK on Oct. 14. In a sloppy performance, UK gets beat at home and UK's OL plays like cold crap. Maybe Nave sees an opportunity. Or maybe he gets scared off. At this point, who can say?
Nave and his family grew up huge OH ST fans. Said to have a high ceiling. He is a dedicated and serious football player. Wherever he goes, think he will make a very good college OL.

Seriously, I was the one who initially brought up Nave on here
Not that it even matters. But since you are pressing the point, the first mention of Marc Nave on this thread, and almost certainly on this website, was my Dec. 26, 2022 post on 2024 prospects with UK scholarship offers. You can check this yourself much earlier on this thread.

UK needs more OTs and it remains an open question whether Nave could fill that need. OH St recruited him as an OG but he closely resembles George Asafo-Adjei who formerly developed into a solid RT for UK and even got drafted. Even if Nave isn't an OT, he would still be the highest-ranked OL prospect with the best offer sheet in UK's 2024 class if he committed to us. That is, unless we somehow snag new MI St decommit Andrew Dennis. It would be fantastic to get Dennis, but he does not have a visit to UK scheduled at this time.

There is some more fresh news. This week, Marcus Downs decommitted from GA Tech. Downs, a big DT prospect from Riverside hs in Greer, SC, is the #8 overall 2024 football prospect in the state of SC. He has held a UK scholarship offer since February and, although I'm not sure, I think Coach White may be his UK recruiter. Downs has an impressive offer sheet including seven SEC offers. Besides GA Tech, Downs' only other OV was to UNC last June. So while I presume UNC is still an active option for him now, he might decide to take other visits. UK NT Josiah Hayes is a senior. With the possibility that UK could also lose Deone Walker, our coaches might still be interested in Downs. Whether Coach White can get Downs on campus for a visit is another question, and I have not seen any public speculation yet that UK is currently a player in his recruitment. But it is something to watch, especially if Downs does not quickly commit to UNC.

Not that it even matters. But since you are pressing the point, the first mention of Marc Nave on this thread, and almost certainly on this website, was my Dec. 26, 2022 post on 2024 prospects with UK scholarship offers. You can check this yourself much earlier on this thread.

UK needs more OTs and it remains an open question whether Nave could fill that need. OH St recruited him as an OG but he closely resembles George Asafo-Adjei who formerly developed into a solid RT for UK and even got drafted. Even if Nave isn't an OT, he would still be the highest-ranked OL prospect with the best offer sheet in UK's 2024 class if he committed to us. That is, unless we somehow snag new MI St decommit Andrew Dennis. It would be fantastic to get Dennis, but he does not have a visit to UK scheduled at this time.

There is some more fresh news. This week, Marcus Downs decommitted from GA Tech. Downs, a big DT prospect from Riverside hs in Greer, SC, is the #8 overall 2024 football prospect in the state of SC. He has held a UK scholarship offer since February and, although I'm not sure, I think Coach White may be his UK recruiter. Downs has an impressive offer sheet including seven SEC offers. Besides GA Tech, Downs' only other OV was to UNC last June. So while I presume UNC is still an active option for him now, he might decide to take other visits. UK NT Josiah Hayes is a senior. With the possibility that UK could also lose Deone Walker, our coaches might still be interested in Downs. Whether Coach White can get Downs on campus for a visit is another question, and I have not seen any public speculation yet that UK is currently a player in his recruitment. But it is something to watch, especially if Downs does not quickly commit to UNC.
Where's Walker going?

Reactions: catben and The-Hack
Where's Walker going?
Hopefully nowhere. I was only speculating that UK's coaches might be interested in reconnecting with Marcus Downs, who just decommitted from GA Tech last week. Josaih Hayes is probably playing his final season at UK, Oxendine will be gone after 2023 or 2024, and almost nobody believes Walker will be here for the full four years. I would imagine Downs would be an attractive recruiting target if they can get him on campus for a visit.

Last edited:
Reactions: maroon79
Just thinking here

The early signing period is coming up fast in less than 3 months. For those of you in Danville that means 12 weeks or so

We might see some movement here soon from guys who want to end this thing and get one of their top schools

I still think of these possibilities:

Offense

WR
OT -especially OLT
RB - possibly but more likely a transfer

Defense
DB. Not sure I could see anything else, but don’t discount it

Transfers
QB someone who already is a proven starter on a bad team
RB. See above
WR -Cats really need someone proven
OT

I guess we shall see

Just thinking here

The early signing period is coming up fast in less than 3 months. For those of you in Danville that means 12 weeks or so

We might see some movement here soon from guys who want to end this thing and get one of their top schools

Offense

WR
OT -especially OLT

Defense

Transfers
RB. See above
OT

I guess we shall see
More like 8-9 weeks isn't it?

Re QB, I'm opening up the checkbook and throwing a bunch of NIL at Tulane's Michael Pratt. Really like that guy.

Did you happen to see Utah-USC Sat night? Utah lost a really good QB in Cam Risen early in the year and had injuries to others. Last night they used an ex-walk on, a guy who was not on scholarship and working part time at Lowe's last Spring, and he drove Utah down the field for a last second FG to beat USC. Great story.

Just thinking here

Offense

WR
OT -especially OLT

Defense

Transfers
RB. See above
OT

I guess we shall see
What the hell does “for those of you in Danville mean “ ? lol

Come on man, ya gotta make fun of somebody in life

I’m from Western Ky, do we really rate high enough to have someone make fun of us?

Danville just seemed right
I’m from close enough to Danville to enjoy the Boyle Ball Busting banter.

As to Western Kentuckians, I deeply admire any Western Kentuckian who calls themself a “Western Kentuckian.”

Hell, I’ve met folks from 50 miles West of Bowling Green who call themselves “Central Kentuckians.”

@maroon79, you must be from the Purchase Area/Paducah to really lay claim to being a Western Kentuckian!!

Nave and his family grew up huge OH ST fans. Said to have a high ceiling. He is a dedicated and serious football player. Wherever he goes, think he will make a very good college OL.
Evidently Stoops and Marrow are attempting to broaden out our 2024 OL class.

Aidan Bryant, Greenville, MS
Andrew Dennis, Mt. Pleasant, MI
Marc Nave. Toledo, OH

Shortly after decommitting from OH St, Nave UVed UK for our game against MO two week ago. Since then, I have not seen any public news regarding Nave. No other visits have been reported. He still has plenty of time to schedule other visits. OH St was recruiting Nave as an OG. It is not clear whether he could play OT at the Power 5 level, but RT is a possibility.

Dennis recently decommitted from MI St. Based on a public rumor, it was thought that UK's coaches have been talking with Dennis in an effort to get him to visit Lexington. So far, though, there is no public evidence that Dennis has scheduled any campus visits subsequent to his decommit. To date, he does not hold a UK offer. Another website is reporting that Dennis is mainly interested in Purdue and PA St. That could change, since he hasn't taken any visits yet. In order for UK to get involved, our coaches will have to convince him to visit Lexington. If a visit comes together, an offer from UK will no doubt be involved in the arrangement. But this isn't looking promising.

Bryant is being recruited by Coach Collins. Oddly, OH St and UL are his only current Power 5 offers. The UL offer is recent and, based on an interview, Bryant apparently intends to OV UL in the future. So far, though, he has not actually schedued any OVs. He does not hold any SEC offers. It was thought that Coach Collins was trying to set up a visit to UK, but I am beginning to wonder if anything will come of it.

To date, I don't see anything happening yet for UK with either Dennis or Bryant. OTOH, Nave recently UVed UK so something could still happen with him.

We are at the beginning of this year's "decommit season", and I have seen speculation that this will be a decommit-heavy fall in the Power 5 conferences. So there is still plenty of time for new names to pop up on UK's 2024 recruiting radar. It might be interesting to watch whether Lexingtonian Zuri Madison follows through with his commitment to AR, which is having a disastrous season. The last I heard, Madison was a no-show for a June UK camp that Marrow had invited him to attend. I am not very enthusiastic about online player ratings, but some websites are still ranking Madison higher than Aba Selm or Hayes Johnson FWIW. A couple of other longshots could be Jordan Floyd out of Lilburn, who holds a UK offer but is committed to GA Tech, or the Luniewski brothers out of Cincinnati, who hold UK offers but are still committed to MI St.

Evidently Stoops and Marrow are attempting to broaden out our 2024 OL class.

Aidan Bryant, Greenville, MS
Andrew Dennis, Mt. Pleasant, MI
Marc Nave. Toledo, OH

Shortly after decommitting from OH St, Nave UVed UK for our game against MO two week ago. Since then, I have not seen any public news regarding Nave. No other visits have been reported. He still has plenty of time to schedule other visits. OH St was recruiting Nave as an OG. It is not clear whether he could play OT at the Power 5 level, but RT is a possibility.

Dennis recently decommitted from MI St. Based on a public rumor, it was thought that UK's coaches have been talking with Dennis in an effort to get him to visit Lexington. So far, though, there is no public evidence that Dennis has scheduled any campus visits subsequent to his decommit. To date, he does not hold a UK offer. Another website is reporting that Dennis is mainly interested in Purdue and PA St. That could change, since he hasn't taken any visits yet. In order for UK to get involved, our coaches will have to convince him to visit Lexington. If a visit comes together, an offer from UK will no doubt be involved in the arrangement. But this isn't looking promising.

Bryant is being recruited by Coach Collins. Oddly, OH St and UL are his only current Power 5 offers. The UL offer is recent and, based on an interview, Bryant apparently intends to OV UL in the future. So far, though, he has not actually schedued any OVs. He does not hold any SEC offers. It was thought that Coach Collins was trying to set up a visit to UK, but I am beginning to wonder if anything will come of it.

To date, I don't see anything happening yet for UK with either Dennis or Bryant. OTOH, Nave recently UVed UK so something could still happen with him.

We are at the beginning of this year's "decommit season", and I have seen speculation that this will be a decommit-heavy fall in the Power 5 conferences. So there is still plenty of time for new names to pop up on UK's 2024 recruiting radar. It might be interesting to watch whether Lexingtonian Zuri Madison follows through with his commitment to AR, which is having a disastrous season. The last I heard, Madison was a no-show for a June UK camp that Marrow had invited him to attend. I am not very enthusiastic about online player ratings, but some websites are still ranking Madison higher than Aba Selm or Hayes Johnson FWIW. A couple of other longshots could be Jordan Floyd out of Lilburn, who holds a UK offer but is committed to GA Tech, or the Luniewski brothers out of Cincinnati, who hold UK offers but are still committed to MI St.
4-star WR target Kamron Mikell has dropped UK from consideration

• Sad
Reactions: Girthang
Kamron Mikell is still scheduled to OV UK on Oct. 28. His announcement has been scehduled for Nov. 23 for a long time, and Mikell has said he will not move that date forward for any school or coach. His Statesboro hs teammate Amontrae Bradford recently committed to CO after Bradford and Mikell visited CO together. While CO is an obvious possibility, recent hype from online gurus suggests Mikell may now be a TN lean. Like UK, TN is recruiting him as a WR. There was a lot of prior discussion on this thread about Mikell as a possible UK lean. But I never bought that narrative. Chances for Mikell committing to UK depend on whether he actually follows through with the trip to Lexington on Oct. 28, and how that trip goes if he does. I have always felt Mikell will commit to an SEC school, but UK has an uphill battle from here even if he visits.

I posted this comment on Oct. 20. TOS is still reporting that Mikell will visit UK tomorrow. Maybe he will be attending with the intention of watching TN. Maybe he won't show at all. But I still believe he is probably going to TN.

• Sad
Reactions: Burgcatfan
Is BRobinson supposed to ve visiting tonight? My friend thought he saw him in the field during warm-ups. If that was him, he is one BIG DUDE that looks ready to play for us already.

If that wasn't him, we need to sign the kid he saw.

Cam Dooley, nave and Dennis would b solid additions to the UK 2024 class. Gbb
Not sure about Dooley, but Nave and Dennis both have great motors, can play multiple positions on the line, even could on the DL and both have very high ceilings. As of right now both projected as IOL. Still would like getting a natural OT.

I'll give Stoops and staff this.....even when we crap the bad on the field (heck even the official visit for these guys)...he still pulls in quality recruiting classes to keep some momentum to the program.

If we get Dooley and Dennis...even Nave to verbal. All three spots of critical need as we can see to this roster.

Reactions: maroon79
I'll give Stoops and staff this.....even when we crap the bad on the field (heck even the official visit for these guys)...he still pulls in quality recruiting classes to keep some momentum to the program.

If we get Dooley and Dennis...even Nave to verbal. All three spots of critical need as we can see to this roster.
Are Dennis/Nave OTs? UK will still need to hit the portal hard, especially for OL/CBs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT