ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2024 Recruiting

There is no way to know what to expect. Nothing bad but the staff made him a PWO, instead of a scholarship for a reason. Also Bouleware did not recruit, the 1st time around and after wisc dropped him UK did not seem to try and get back in

I could be wrong but i don't think he was an EE. So at the most he was there 1-2 months b4 leaving.
i know VM stayed in contact with him

Reactions: ColoradoBleedBlue
This staff will always take the best RB that wants to be here, regardless of who is on the roster. Same goes for every other position.

Keyes could be great for us. Can't wait to see. I thought the only reason he's not on scholarship was so that he could play this year if he wanted to do so and got acclimated fast enough. Does the rule not keep you off the field as a transfer only if you are on scholarship? I thought it could be read that way.

Reactions: ColoradoBleedBlue
This staff will always take the best RB that wants to be here, regardless of who is on the roster. Same goes for every other position.

Keyes could be great for us. Can't wait to see. I thought the only reason he's not on scholarship was so that he could play this year if he wanted to do so and got acclimated fast enough. Does the rule not keep you off the field as a transfer only if you are on scholarship? I thought it could be read that way.
He needs a RS year anyway. Most true freshman are not ready to come in and play. As long as there are not many injuries he can get in the S&C program and in a couple years may be able to contribute

Sorry...thought it was Dunbar...anyway, did UK offer and was he a "take"?
The only way to know that would be to ask him. But I doubt he was a take for UK. We already have 16 commits. The optics suggest the remaining recruiting priorities of the UK coaching staff at this point are Devin Smith, Lorenzo Cowan, Kamron Mikell, Rico Scott, Brian Robinson, Artavius Jones, and the Smith twins. In the industry, there is a growing consensus that Devin Smith and Lorenzo Cowan may commit to UK as soon as this month. Devin Smith has set his announcement for 9/22.

Reactions: GH_UKBBN92
The only way to know that would be to ask him. But I doubt he was a take for UK. We already have 16 commits. The optics suggest the remaining recruiting priorities of the UK coaching staff at this point are Devin Smith, Lorenzo Cowan, Kamron Mikell, Rico Scott, Brian Robinson, Artavius Jones, and the Smith twins. In the industry, there is a growing consensus that Devin Smith and Lorenzo Cowan may commit to UK as soon as this month. Devin Smith has set his announcement for 9/22.

TY

No problem.

BTW, talking heads in the industry are predicting an active season for decommits in the fall. The presumption is that some prospects will decommit because their teams have taken players through the portal who change their outlooks for early playing time. For that reason alone, new names will undoubtedly appear on UK's fall recruiting radar. We might pick up a DT, an OT, or a second RB this way. Some of the better players on UK's current roster (such as Trevin Wallace, Khamari Anderson, and Kendrick Gilbert) signed here as late fall decommits from other teams.

We got an update on Mikell today prior to his trip to Colorado, had a couple surprising comments. That he would rather be part of changing a program than win championships. Sounds like he is drinking the Prime Kool-aide.

We got an update on Mikell today prior to his trip to Colorado, had a couple surprising comments. That he would rather be part of changing a program than win championships. Sounds like he is drinking the Prime Kool-aide.
If they keep winning, he may have alot of guys drinking his kool-aid.

Reactions: satcheluk

If they keep winning, he may have alot of guys drinking his kool-aid.

If he wins 8 games there may be coaches getting fired pretty quick to get a good place in line to hire him. What is it, Jimbo's 6th year, Sark on his 3rd, Napier on his 2nd. As quick as UF has been i can't see Napier making it to year 3, fans still thinking 8 wins.

Reactions: UKat1
Sanders won't be in Colorado long regardless. Players need to think about that, and their development more than anything. That's not what a lot of kids do, however. They like the shine and the hype, so Sanders will do well recruiting wherever he goes in the college ranks, leaving a trail of broken commitments in his wake.

That's what led college football to where we are now. Coaches making big money off of the players and leaving them behind. Heck, what's the difference between that and the proliferation of fatherless homes in this country?

He'll win in the meantime.

Bad day for UK ( imo). Mikell at CU to see a big win—- instead of being at UK as scheduled. Clearly we need playmakers. He is one of them and this kid is gonna go to CU and drink the kool aid with a coach who will not be there when he goes there. This 4* should already b here. Now CU is the favorite.

Reactions: Girthang
Bad day for UK ( imo). Mikell at CU to see a big win—- instead of being at UK as scheduled. Clearly we need playmakers. He is one of them and this kid is gonna go to CU and drink the kool aid with a coach who will not be there when he goes there. This 4* should already b here. Now CU is the favorite.
I agree that Mikell would be a great playmaker for us! What do you mean that "this 4* should already be here?"

Wasn’t he supposed to be at UK today? Instead, last minute he went to CU. The conventional thought was MIkell might commit bc we were the only school recruiting him as a WR. Now he is being portrayed as the next Travis hunter.

Sanders won't be in Colorado long regardless. Players need to think about that, and their development more than anything. That's not what a lot of kids do, however. They like the shine and the hype, so Sanders will do well recruiting wherever he goes in the college ranks, leaving a trail of broken commitments in his wake.

That's what led college football to where we are now. Coaches making big money off of the players and leaving them behind. Heck, what's the difference between that and the proliferation of fatherless homes in this country?

He'll win in the meantime.
I mean they can just follow him like his son and Travis did. He has several players form Jackson on Colorado

Wasn’t he supposed to be at UK today? Instead, last minute he went to CU. The conventional thought was MIkell might commit bc we were the only school recruiting him as a WR. Now he is being portrayed as the next Travis hunter.
I think the hope right now is that Mikell has only postponed his OV. If he never visits UK and ends up committing to CU, then this weekend may prove decisive for his recruitment. If he still OVs at UK, I would rather, all things being equal, a player OV w us closer to his decision than further away.

He has visits to UT and aTm scheduled. Uk wasn't the only one going to let him play receiver. He wasn't committing any time soon

If we get these 8 then it would be a very good class with the exception of OLine/OT. I’m becoming more convinced we take a full class. And add the OTs from the portal along with a starting Qb. And DE to rush the QB Could be wrong but they don’t seem to be slowing down on recruitment of these kids

Were we recruiting any of Michigan St’s recruits? Troubling times headed their way, or it would seem. Hopefully we could poach an OT commit or prospect from them.

Here are current MI St commits holding publicly reported offers from UK-

Anthony Carrie, RB, Tampa FL
Justin Denson, DB, Providence, RI
Charlton Luniewski, OL, Cincinnati, OH
Mercer Luniewski, OL, Cincinnati, OH
Nick Marsh, WR, River Rouge, MI
Jaylen Thompson, DB, Murfreesboro, TN

I don't know of any public evidence that UK is still recruiting any of these players. I don't think any of them have taken OVs to UK, although the Luniewski brothers did take UVs to Lexington early this year.

Reactions: 2blue4u
As widely expected, LB prospect Lorenzo Cowan from Savannah has now committed to UK's 2024 class. UK is Cowan's only publicly reported SEC offer although he also holds offers from three ACC programs plus WV and MN. Cowan is being recruited by Coach Collins and Coach Stewart. He is a long, athletic LB prospect who could play any LB position in UK's 3-3-5. Current Wildcat Tavion Gadson is Cowan's older half-brother.

UK's current 2024 class-

Cutter Boley, QB, Lexington, KY
Lorenzo Cowan, LB, Savannah, GA
Hardley Gilmore, WR, Pahokee, FL
Elijah Groves, LB, Cross Plains, TN
Hayes Johnson, OL, Campbellsville, KY
Jason Kauwe, K/P, Billings, MT
Jason Lafontant, OL, Greenwich, CT
Jiquavious Marshall, DB, Macon, GA
Tovani Mizell, RB, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Terhyon Nichols, DB, Cincinnati, OH
Caleb Redd, LB, St. Louis, MO
Willie Rodriguez, TE, Alexandria, KY
Quaysheed Scott, DB, Marion, SC
Aba Selm, OL, Independence, KY
Antwan Smith, LB/DB, Atlanta, GA
Steven Soles, LB, Powell, TN
David Washington, slotR, Philadelphia, PA

Reactions: Marleydogg

A lot to unpack there. Mikell visited CO this weekend and has rescheduled his UK visit to Oct. 28. A later visit is not a disadvantage, and could actually be an advantage as long as he follows through with the visit. UK is not the only school recruiting him as a WR. I have not seen anyone portray him as anything, although I remember Grumpy insist he is leaning to UK. (I still have not seen public evidence of that.) There was no conventional thought that Mikell was about to commit to UK, just Grumpy's post. Mikell himself has said publicly that he has a timeframe in mind for an announcement and will not change it for any school. I see no reason why UK's chances to sign Mikell have changed. Mikell holds at least eleven SEC offers plus a list of other Power 5 offers. This has always been a very competitive recruitment and UK still has a lot of high level SEC competition. Perhaps CO is seriously involved too now, but I would be inclined to expect Mikell will sign with an SEC school or possibly FL St.

Last edited:
Good thing he went their instead.

Reactions: UKat1
If we get these 8 then it would be a very good class with the exception of OLine/OT. I’m becoming more convinced we take a full class. And add the OTs from the portal along with a starting Qb. And DE to rush the QB Could be wrong but they don’t seem to be slowing down on recruitment of these kids

UK's roster currently has 79 scholarship players. For a list of reasons, it is impossible to say how many scholarships will be available in our 2024 class. We don't know how many outbound transfers will leave UK or how many inbound transfers Stoops will take this time. We don't know if Nik Hall will be back. We don't know how many of our current seniors will return and take a COVID season in 2024 (although Oxendine will be one of them). But when I look at all the numbers, I doubt Stoops can take a full 2024 class of 25 prospects unless he decides not to keep scholarships in his back pocket for inbound transfers.

And given the fact that Stoops took 11 inbound transfers this year, it is difficult to believe he won't plan to take a bunch more in the next cycle. At the moment, I would be inclined to agree that Stoops will need a QB and a couple of OTs from the portal again. Because Rybka, Saunders, Henry-Young, Gadson, and Ziesmer will be back, I don't see why he would need another DE from the portal although Coach Marrow might still be able to flip Jerod Smith into our 2024 class.

Rembrandt/Bereacat,
Does the Cowan commitment have ramifications on the Smith twins' recruitment? Or B. Robinson?
Thanks in advance.

Rembrandt/Bereacat,
Does the Cowan commitment have ramifications on the Smith twins' recruitment? Or B. Robinson?
Thanks in advance.

A lot to unpack there. Mikell visited CO this weekend and has rescheduled his UK visit to Oct. 28. A later visit is not a disadvantage, and could actually be an advantage as long as he follows through with the visit. UK is not the only school recruiting him as a WR. I have not seen anyone portray him as anything, although I remember Grumpy insist he is leaning to UK. (I still have not seen public evidence of that.) There was no conventional thought that Mikell was about to commit to UK, just Grumpy's post. Mikell himself has said publicly that he has a timeframe in mind for an announcement and will not change it for any school. I see no reason why UK's chances to sign Mikell have changed. Mikell holds at least eleven SEC offers plus a list of other Power 5 offers. This has always been a very competitive recruitment and UK still has a lot of high level SEC competition. Perhaps CO is seriously involved too now, but I would be inclined to expect Mikell will sign with an SEC school or possibly FL St.

I haven't heard anything on him since the CU visit. He was all UK until Deion showed interest and he took the visit. The only reason he would consider ATM is the NIL deal. Unless the cut Jimbo loose and hire Prime.

But reality of today is you can follow your coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT