ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2024 Recruiting

This year’s team reminds me of that ‘’07 team, with this team being deeper at TE than ‘07. Here’s to making UGA 07’s LSU. Cheers.
Our 2007 team was talented, especially at the offensive skill positions. This current team has that as well, but our current team is in a different universe defensively. I am not discounting what Woodyard, Pryor, and Jarmon accomplished. But if we look at the conference defensive stats, Brad White's defense has been outstanding in a way we haven't seen here in decades.

Josh Edwards is reporting today that the Smith twins recently reaffirmed their commitments to MI. Anecdotally, this seems to fit with the utter silence following their two recent UVs to Lexington. But it could also be their way of preserving their options. Anyone who has read my thoughts about the twins already knows I am not expecting them to flip to UK. Otherwise they probably would have OVed UK by now. But there are still almost 4 months until the signing date. Recruiting is among the least predictable of human behaviors, so anything can happen. BTW, this may help to explain why LB Amontrae Bradford is still scheduled to OV UK on September 8.

Josh Edwards is reporting today that the Smith twins recently reaffirmed their commitments to MI. Anecdotally, this seems to fit with the utter silence following their two recent UVs to Lexington. But it could also be their way of preserving their options. Anyone who has read my thoughts about the twins already knows I am not expecting them to flip to UK. Otherwise they probably would have OVed UK by now. But there are still almost 4 months until the signing date. Recruiting is among the least predictable of human behaviors, so anything can happen. BTW, this may help to explain why LB Amontrae Bradford is still scheduled to OV UK on September 8.
According to one of their insiders, they reaffirmed to the coaches that they were locked in. He said he didn't buy and still expected them.to visit UK this fall. May be like Barion's visit and not announce it.

According to one of their insiders, they reaffirmed to the coaches that they were locked in. He said he didn't buy and still expected them.to visit UK this fall. May be like Barion's visit and not announce it.
No telling. Recruiting is one of the least predictable of human behaviors. The twins would certainly fit well in our 2024 class, especially considering we don't have a commitment from a true DL prospect yet. But I remain skeptical. The best case scenario is that the two brothers just can't get on the same page. Another way to look at it would be that they want to play for MI but are receiving a lot of social pressure from their instate following. Eventually we will find out.

But in the meantime, UK's coaches are about to receive OVs from LB prospects Amontrae Bradford and Lorenzo Cowan for the EKU game on September 8. And in another bit of possible news from this morning, it is being reported that WR prospect Kamron Mikell has named UK as one of the schools giving him the most recruiting attention, but may move his OV to UK back from September 8 to sometime in October. This is not necessarily bad, as long as he actually makes the visit. Sometimes the later visits are an advantage. But Mikell is being very heavily recruited.

No telling. Recruiting is one of the least predictable of human behaviors. The twins would certainly fit well in our 2024 class, especially considering we don't have a commitment from a true DL prospect yet. But I remain skeptical. The best case scenario is that the two brothers just can't get on the same page. Another way to look at it would be that they want to play for MI but are receiving a lot of social pressure from their instate following. Eventually we will find out.

But in the meantime, UK's coaches are about to receive OVs from LB prospects Amontrae Bradford and Lorenzo Cowan for the EKU game on September 8. And in another bit of possible news from this morning, it is being reported that WR prospect Kamron Mikell has named UK as one of the schools giving him the most recruiting attention, but may move his OV to UK back from September 8 to sometime in October. This is not necessarily bad, as long as he actually makes the visit. Sometimes the later visits are an advantage. But Mikell is being very heavily recruited.

Nothing is certain in recruiting, but I am pretty sure Mikell isn't coming to UGA, if he was interested in playing CB he would already be a part of the class. The 2 to keep an eye on are FSU and AU. Both are overpaying big time for kids this cycle and are proud of it.

Nothing is certain in recruiting, but I am pretty sure Mikell isn't coming to UGA, if he was interested in playing CB he would already be a part of the class. The 2 to keep an eye on are FSU and AU. Both are overpaying big time for kids this cycle and are proud of it.
Mikell is still adding new OVs to his schedule and expanding his list. I interpret that to mean he has no idea yet where he will sign.

Mikell is still adding new OVs to his schedule and expanding his list. I interpret that to mean he has no idea yet where he will sign.

Just know the 2 I mentioned are upping the offer, I don't know if that is his top priority in picking a destination, but both of those are overpaying to lure kids in.

Just know the 2 I mentioned are upping the offer, I don't know if that is his top priority in picking a destination, but both of those are overpaying to lure kids in.
Some here may not realize what a long established and well insulated "financial assistance" program the 2 schools you mentioned have going for them. Nothing new here.

Some here may not realize what a long established and well insulated "financial assistance" program the 2 schools you mentioned have going for them. Nothing new here.
What is funny is FSU got mad when UK beat them for Stuart and Anglin, then appeared ahead of them for Kirkland. Their fans were saying UK was paying for them. Bud Elliott made that crazy post. It was said UK UK gave Stuart 150k! 🤣🤣🤣

What is funny is FSU got mad when UK beat them for Stuart and Anglin, then appeared ahead of them for Kirkland. Their fans were saying UK was paying for them. Bud Elliott made that crazy post. It was said UK UK gave Stuart 150k! 🤣🤣🤣

FSU giving Bolden 40k per month, for a S. AU just flipped a 5*WR from Bama and a high 4* LB from us, neither are playing. It's costing the price of building a house because yellawood is allegedly footing the recruiting budget.

Reactions: hmt5000
^. Noooo! Not Him!!

Allegedly- He has never done anything to embarrass the university, oh wait, he has just never gotten caught.

Idk could have missed somwthjng but JR did a report on who all is visiting and he wasn't on the list.

Word from visits yesterday?
Devin Smith, Brian Robinson, and the Corbin-based Smith twins visited yesterday's UK-Ball St game. Devin Smith was on an OV. The others were UVs. Of course there is no feedback yet, and I don't anticipate any. TOS is attempting to set up fan anticipation for a flip by the twins from MI to UK in the short term, but I still think their recruitment will probably drag out into the fall. Robinson's latest UV is probably good news for us, but that remains to be seen.

Next weekend, Amontrae Bradford and Lorenzo Cowan are still scheduled to OV here for the UK-EKU game. There have varying rumors about Kamron Mikell, who might or might postpone his OV until October. FWIW, a later OV is not necessarily a disadvantage for UK and could actually work out as an advantage under certain circumstances.

Devin Smith, Brian Robinson, and the Corbin-based Smith twins visited yesterday's UK-Ball St game. Devin Smith was on an OV. The others were UVs. Of course there is no feedback yet, and I don't anticipate any. TOS is attempting to set up fan anticipation for a flip by the twins from MI to UK in the short term, but I still think their recruitment will probably drag out into the fall. Robinson's latest UV is probably good news for us, but that remains to be seen.

Next weekend, Amontrae Bradford and Lorenzo Cowan are still scheduled to OV here for the UK-EKU game. There have varying rumors about Kamron Mikell, who might or might postpone his OV until October. FWIW, a later OV is not necessarily a disadvantage for UK and could actually work out as an advantage under certain circumstances.
Mikell is visiting Colorado this weekend coming up. So, I guess he is postponing.

Mikell is visiting Colorado this weekend coming up. So, I guess he is postponing.
Yes. That's the latest rumor. However, getting a later OV from Mikell is not necessarily bad, as long as he makes the trip.

BTW did any of you see the photo of Brian Robinson with the Smith twins? Robinson is huge. Taller and much more muscular than either twin. All along, it has been my opinion that Robinson is the most important prospect on our defensive recruiting board. I am more certain of it than ever.

Yes. That's the latest rumor. However, getting a later OV from Mikell is not necessarily bad, as long as he makes the trip.

BTW did any of you see the photo of Brian Robinson with the Smith twins? Robinson is huge. Taller and much more muscular than either twin. All along, it has been my opinion that Robinson is the most important prospect on our defensive recruiting board. I am more certain of it than ever.
The twins msy both WDE/Jack LBs. Jerod may add some weight to play SDE but Jacob will be a LB. I could have mixed them but I think Jacob is the smaller one.

Bradford is going to Colorado this weekend with Mikell. Looks like we have a great chance to add Devin Smith though

Reactions: CatPatrick13
Bradford and mikell going to CU doesn’t sound great for UK. However, the smith news sounds very positive.

Bradford and mikell going to CU doesn’t sound great for UK. However, the smith news sounds very positive.
As long as they OV UK, a later visit is sometimes better. CO got a big win against TCU last Saturday and Coach Prime's stock might already be starting to peak. There will probably be a push to get them to verbally commit. But I seriously doubt Mikell is ready to commit yet.

Bradford is going to Colorado this weekend with Mikell. Looks like we have a great chance to add Devin Smith though
Devin Smith appears to be down to UK and LSU. But AFAICS, he doesn't have an OV scheduled to LSU. Smith reportedly holds at least eleven SEC scholarship offers. Tremendous Mike LB prospect. Would be a huge add for Brad White.

Devin Smith appears to be down to UK and LSU. But AFAICS, he doesn't have an OV scheduled to LSU. Smith reportedly holds at least eleven SEC scholarship offers. Tremendous Mike LB prospect. Would be a huge add for Brad White.
IT hadn't been mentiomed, possibly kept under wraps but read yesterday that he had made a lot of visits to UK. Rowland put in a FC to UK

IT hadn't been mentiomed, possibly kept under wraps but read yesterday that he had made a lot of visits to UK. Rowland put in a FC to UK
Yes, one begins to get the feeling now that Devin Smith will probably pick UK. Obviously this visit over Labor Day weekend impressed him. This guy is a fantastic player and would be a big addition for our class. I am becoming optimistic.

The twins msy both WDE/Jack LBs. Jerod may add some weight to play SDE but Jacob will be a LB. I could have mixed them but I think Jacob is the smaller one.
Jacob is an OLB in the 3-3-5. Jerod is bigger than Tommy Ziesmer. Jerod looks like a DE who could grow into a DT eventually.

Next to them in the photo, Brian Robinson looks like a defensive lineman. Robinson is huge. All along, the narrative has been that Robinson wants to play LB. But he may already have outgrown LB.

Jacob is an OLB in the 3-3-5. Jerod is bigger than Tommy Ziesmer. Jerod looks like a DE who could grow into a DT eventually.

Next to them in the photo, Brian Robinson looks like a defensive lineman. Robinson is huge. All along, the narrative has been that Robinson wants to play LB. But he may already have outgrown LB.

Sounds a bit like B Robinson = Micah Johnson 2.0

Reactions: satcheluk and rudd1
Gimme Robinson, Devin Smith, the Twins and 3 quality OTs (preferably combination of portal and incoming)

That would be great and prob close to complete

Gimme Robinson, Devin Smith, the Twins and 3 quality OTs (preferably combination of portal and incoming)

That would be great and prob close to complete
Need an outside receiver.

Someone to replace Dane Key

Yes so Mikell comes in and understudies for a year and replaces Key when he leaves for the NFL (after next season)
How do you know Key will leave for the NFL after 2024? Sure, Key is a good, solid college receiver with strong hands. I have seen him make some impressive receptions. But by NFL standards, he is neither big nor unusually fast. To enter the NFL draft and get drafted in a high round as an undergrad receiver, you typically have to be an All American like Randall Cobb and Lynn Bowden were. Name another UK receiver besides Cobb and Bowden who got drafted as a junior. It isn't impossible. I'm not saying that. Stranger things have happened. But it is unlikely.

Every year, our fans predict our players will leave early for the draft. This happens occasionally, but it is not common. Since Mark Stoops got here for the 2013 season, three of his recruits (Snell, Bowden, Valentine) have left early and actually been drafted. Kelvin Joseph got drafted but he was a transfer. Boom Williams, Braylon Heard, and Dare Rosenthal left early for the draft but did not get drafted. I'm guessing Deone Walker will probably be the next Wildcat who leaves early for the NFL draft. My guess would be that Trevin Wallace and Dane Key will probably play here for four years, but that remains to be seen. For a LB, Wallace is quick and fast even by NFL standards.

In any case, Key, Barion Brown, Shamar Porter, Ardell Banks, and Hardley Gilmore are legitimate outside receivers. Signing Kamron Mikell would be great, but Mikell holds at least eleven SEC offers and will be very difficult to sign. So far, it isn't even a sure thing that UK will get an OV from Mikell.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColoradoBleedBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT