ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2024 Recruiting

Sour grapes on my part, but I don't think Daniels has the height or arm length to be an SEC left tackle anyway. Might not at even RT.

Do kids still go to Jucos? At this point we might as well check there for O tackles.

Sour grapes on my part, but I don't think Daniels has the height or arm length to be an SEC left tackle anyway. Might not at even RT.

Do kids still go to Jucos? At this point we might as well check there for O tackles.
Daniels is an SEC LG. Has nothing to do with sour grapes. He will make someone a very good OG.

Reactions: JHB4UK
Love the speed and his attacking/hitting ability. Recruited as a S but could have CB speed. Nice DB room the staff's putting together.

He has the necessary speed to play several positions. Corners need great flexibility, mirror skills, and high pointing instincts. I have read that Scott is a good tackler who can tackle downhill and defend against the run well at the second level. He has the build of an S. A S who can run 4.4 can cover a lot of ground as a blitzer or a defensive "center fielder" over the top.

I think Marshall and Nichols will be the corners in this class. Scott could be a WR but I suspect he will be an S and that they will take one more S sooner or later. But we don't have a commitment from a WR yet. Gilmore? Washington? Solomon?

Based on Solomon's comments, I think he sees himself as a WR at the next level. Signing Solomon, a great prospect in his own right, will give some staff an advantage with Zayden Walker in 2025.

Per an interview posted at KSR, Scott said he was being recruited by the UK staff to play CB.

Per an interview posted at KSR, Scott said he was being recruited by the UK staff to play CB.
As observed earlier, Scott has the speed to play several positions. I will be a little surprised if he ends up as a CB, especially with Nichols and Marshall also in the class, but we will find out once Stoops, Buffano, and Collins have decided for sure.

With regard to 2024 OL recruiting-

Liam Andrews, Brookline, MA
Jonathon Daniels, Pensacola, FL (FL St lean)
Nathaniel Johnson, Belleville, MI
Guerby Lambert, W Roxberry, MA (ND lean)
Eddy Pierre-Louis, Tampa, FL
Jameson Riggs, Hiram, GA
Jordan Seaton, Washington, DC
Dakarai Sumpter, Hopkins, SC
Barry Walker, Cordele, GA
Cam'Ron Warren, Chesapeake, VA
Fletcher Westphal, Leesburg, VA

These are uncommitted OL prospects reportedly holding UK offers. I am not suggesting all of these offers are committable because only our coaches know that. Three other names technically fall into this category but will announce for other schools later this week, so I did not include them here.

I feel confident saying UK will be unable to sign Andrews, Daniels, Lambert, Pierre-Louis, Riggs, Seaton, Warren, and Westphal. Of the others, Sumpter and Walker have the frame and length to be developed as Power 5 OTs. But neither Sumpter nor Walker has yet scheduled any OVs to any schools, suggesting either that they are pushing their recruitments into the fall or else that their academic situations have not made it practical for them to schedule OVs. IDK.

Of course, new names pop onto UK's recruiting radar every fall, and I would expect some of this coming fall's new names to be OT prospects.

I do not believe Aba Selm will be an OT at the next level. I am aware some posters still disagree with me on this. My impression is based on reading scouting reports by experienced evaluators. I also have reason to believe Selm is not quite as big as he is currently listed on most internet sites. I believe all three of UK's current OL commits are no more than 6'3" tall. That doesn't mean they won't become good players. But they aren't true OTs. FWIW.

In any case, if Stoops accepts anymore OL commitments in his 2024 class, I am fairly sure they will be true OT prospects. We don't need anymore OGs in this class unless it would be a truly elite LG prospect, and the only uncommitted prospect fitting that description on the list is Daniels who will likely soon commit to FL St.

All this explains why UK's recruitment of OL prospects appears stagnant right now. I feel sure Coach Stoops would take 1-2 more in this class, if he could get the guys he wants. Without getting too heavy about it, another factor that must be considered is that Zach Yenser has not yet proven his chops as an SEC recruiter. There is no getting around this. So, while I expect another OL prospect or two to eventually be added to the class, the names could very well turn out to be off our radar presently. We are still more than 5 months away from the signing date.

He's listed as a OT @ 6'5" but it's probably moot since he's from Tallahassee and an FSU lock. I hope he does turn out to be a guard, I won't feel so bad then 😁
Daniels may be listed as 6'5" by Rivals, but I believe he is 6'3" 280#. I am basing this on detailed scouting reports that I consider the most credible. Nothing against Rivals. Online heights and weights of football prospects are widely incorrect unless the scouting report references the specific event at which the player was measured and whether he was measured in shoes. All of us know this is true.

With regard to 2024 OL recruiting-

Liam Andrews, Brookline, MA
Jonathon Daniels, Pensacola, FL (FL St lean)
Nathaniel Johnson, Belleville, MI
Guerby Lambert, W Roxberry, MA (ND lean)
Eddy Pierre-Louis, Tampa, FL
Jameson Riggs, Hiram, GA
Jordan Seaton, Washington, DC
Dakarai Sumpter, Hopkins, SC
Barry Walker, Cordele, GA
Cam'Ron Warren, Chesapeake, VA
Fletcher Westphal, Leesburg, VA

These are uncommitted OL prospects reportedly holding UK offers. I am not suggesting all of these offers are committable because only our coaches know that. Three other names technically fall into this category but will announce for other schools later this week, so I did not include them here.

I feel confident saying UK will be unable to sign Andrews, Daniels, Lambert, Pierre-Louis, Riggs, Seaton, Warren, and Westphal. Of the others, Sumpter and Walker have the frame and length to be developed as Power 5 OTs. But neither Sumpter nor Walker has yet scheduled any OVs to any schools, suggesting either that they are pushing their recruitments into the fall or else that their academic situations have not made it practical for them to schedule OVs. IDK.

Of course, new names pop onto UK's recruiting radar every fall, and I would expect some of this coming fall's new names to be OT prospects.

I do not believe Aba Selm will be an OT at the next level. I am aware some posters still disagree with me on this. My impression is based on reading scouting reports by experienced evaluators. I also have reason to believe Selm is not quite as big as he is currently listed on most internet sites. I believe all three of UK's current OL commits are no more than 6'3" tall. That doesn't mean they won't become good players. But they aren't true OTs. FWIW.

In any case, if Stoops accepts anymore OL commitments in his 2024 class, I am fairly sure they will be true OT prospects. We don't need anymore OGs in this class unless it would be a truly elite LG prospect, and the only uncommitted prospect fitting that description on the list is Daniels who will likely soon commit to FL St.

All this explains why UK's recruitment of OL prospects appears stagnant right now. I feel sure Coach Stoops would take 1-2 more in this class, if he could get the guys he wants. Without getting too heavy about it, another factor that must be considered is that Zach Yenser has not yet proven his chops as an SEC recruiter. There is no getting around this. So, while I expect another OL prospect or two to eventually be added to the class, the names could very well turn out to be off our radar presently. We are still more than 5 months away from the signing date.
Totally agree there's plenty of questions around Yenser but I'm of the opinion UK may have changed their tactics re OTs and will rely on the portal and that's based on nothing but my thoughts. Makes some sense in that you're getting an experienced, developed player...downside would be you'd only have him for 1-3 years. Question I have re Yenser/portal is how much was he involved in bringing in Cox and Ford?

Would be nice if Cox/Ford get the job done then in a couple of years Hall and Ramsey and Wood develop into top notch OTs. That would be ideal. BTW, Ramsey was listed as being 6'7" when he signed but 6'4" on the Spring roster. SMH.

The biggest downside of depending on the portal for offensive tackle recruiting is the choices of quantity and quantity is even more scarce than looking at hs or juco, not their eligibility length imo

Totally agree there's plenty of questions around Yenser but I'm of the opinion UK may have changed their tactics re OTs and will rely on the portal and that's based on nothing but my thoughts. Makes some sense in that you're getting an experienced, developed player...downside would be you'd only have him for 1-3 years. Question I have re Yenser/portal is how much was he involved in bringing in Cox and Ford?

Would be nice if Cox/Ford get the job done then in a couple of years Hall and Ramsey and Wood develop into top notch OTs. That would be ideal. BTW, Ramsey was listed as being 6'7" when he signed but 6'4" on the Spring roster. SMH.
Most high schools and some colleges will exaggerate a players height and weight. I`m not sure why but they have for decades. I remember Roger Harden was listed at 6-1 and I stood eye to eye with him and I`m 5-9.

Reactions: footerball
Most high schools and some colleges will exaggerate a players height and weight. I`m not sure why but they have for decades. I remember Roger Harden was listed at 6-1 and I stood eye to eye with him and I`m 5-9.
Oh yeah, very common. One would think with all the camps and such players would be measured/weighed but I guess not.

I've told the story here before...the legendary WKU basketball coach Ed Diddle supposedly had his door sill in his office measured and wasn't above measuring recruits himself. One way to do it I guess. ;)

Reactions: Wildcat40229
Nice. Getting Washington and reclassing Gilmore would be an excellent WR class.

That would be nice. I remain optimistic for Nik Hall, who has size and pedigree. He also had a nice offer sheet, so nobody will be surprised if he turns out to be a legitimate SEC OT. Wood is more of a project. But his length is impressive and it has been said that he moves well. He will have to add good weight, of course.

But IMO Austin Ramsey will be a RG at this level.

In any case, we need to add a legitimate OT or two to our 2024 class in the fall. As in other years, we will hear some new names after the season begins.

Looks like WR David Washington Jr will be our next commit

At this point, any prospect who commits will have already visited Lexington, will already be satisfied with his options, and will of course hold a committable offer. Washington has already visited UK and worked his decision down to UK and VA last month. I have no problem believing Washington might be next for us.

Announcements are scheduled and forthcoming from Jonathon Daniels, Jalewis Solomon, and Jason Patterson, all of whom visited Lexington last month. I believe Daniels will choose FL St and Patterson will pick UK. Solomon could pick FL St or Auburn but I don't like UK's chances at this point.

Before the summer is over, we might (or not) see decisions by Kendall Jackson or Hardley Gilmore. I doubt Brian Robinson will commit until the fall but that could turn out to be wrong.

Many prospects will wait until the fall to commit, whether because they want to take more visits or because they just aren't ready to decide. Some just aren't very far along yet in their process.

At this point, any prospect who commits will have already visited Lexington, will already be satisfied with his options, and will of course hold a committable offer. Washington has already visited UK and worked his decision down to UK and VA last month. I have no problem believing Washington might be next for us.

Announcements are scheduled and forthcoming from Jonathon Daniels, Jalewis Solomon, and Jason Patterson, all of whom visited Lexington last month. I believe Daniels will choose FL St and Patterson will pick UK. Solomon could pick FL St or Auburn but I don't like UK's chances at this point.

Before the summer is over, we might (or not) see decisions by Kendall Jackson or Hardley Gilmore. I doubt Brian Robinson will commit until the fall but that could turn out to be wrong.

Many prospects will wait until the fall to commit, whether because they want to take more visits or because they just aren't ready to decide. Some just aren't very far along yet in their process.
Another poster said there was a pic of BRob on twitter saying he would be committing in the next few weeks. Didnt actually see it myself. I wouldnt be surprised if he waited till Dec and visited Pitt b4 making his decision. Seems he really took a liking to them.

Washington commits at 3 today and all signs point to uk now. After his visit it was thought that he wouldnt pick uk, but I guess things have changed.

Kendall Jackson was scheduled to commit the 20th. Have read that UF has backed off after getting 3-4 other DL commits. UK really impressed him and his family so hopefully UK wins out there. Gilmore is close to a decision and UK is in great shape there. Picking up another CB from a PSU insider yesterday.

I agree Daniels and Solomon pick FSU and still think Patterson will choose UK

Another poster said there was a pic of BRob on twitter saying he would be committing in the next few weeks. Didnt actually see it myself. I wouldnt be surprised if he waited till Dec and visited Pitt b4 making his decision. Seems he really took a liking to them.

Washington commits at 3 today and all signs point to uk now. After his visit it was thought that he wouldnt pick uk, but I guess things have changed.

Kendall Jackson was scheduled to commit the 20th. Have read that UF has backed off after getting 3-4 other DL commits. UK really impressed him and his family so hopefully UK wins out there. Gilmore is close to a decision and UK is in great shape there. Picking up another CB from a PSU insider yesterday.

I agree Daniels and Solomon pick FSU and still think Patterson will choose UK
Anything could happen with Brian Robinson. Our chances should be pretty good. Remaining hopeful.

Assuming Quaysheed Scott is a DB at the next level, which seems to be the narrative, we still don't have a WR in our 2024 class. But it is difficult for me to imagine that we won't sign 2-3 WRs in December. Washington and Gilmore?

Reactions: UKfirst
Anything could happen with Brian Robinson. Our chances should be pretty good. Remaining hopeful.

Assuming Quaysheed Scott is a DB at the next level, which seems to be the narrative, we still don't have a WR in our 2024 class. But it is difficult for me to imagine that we won't sign 2-3 WRs in December. Washington and Gilmore?
Today it looks like Washington and Gilmore. A couple months ago it looked like Monteiro, Rigby, and Ross. Who knows what it will look like come December.

Gilmore looks to be a little taller than B Brown and a similar type player. Impressed with his speed to separate on deep routes. Washington known for being advanced for his age in running routes. Also has good speed and cutting ability. Looks like both could help us early with depth their first year and be ready to really produce year two.

As Bereacat predicted earlier today, WR David Washington from Philadelphia has now committed to UK. Washington is being recruited by Coach Woodward. UK is his only known SEC offer but he reportedly holds at least four B10 and three ACC offers plus OR.
FWIW, Rivals shows SEC offers from TN and Ole Miss. Nice pickup, good work by Woodward.

As Bereacat predicted earlier today, WR David Washington from Philadelphia has now committed to UK. Washington is being recruited by Coach Woodward. UK is his only known SEC offer but he reportedly holds at least four B10 and three ACC offers plus OR.
I didnt predict it. I seen where someone posted that Rousch said it was happening.

UK's current 2024 recruiting class-

Cutter Boley, QB, Lexington, KY
Elijah Groves, LB, Cross Plains, TN
Hayes Johnson, OL, Campbellsville, KY
Jacob Kauwe, P/K, Billings, MT
Jadon Lafondant, OL, Greenwich, CT
Jiquavious Marshall, DB, Macon, GA
Tovani Mizell, RB, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Terhyon Nichols, DB, Cincinnati, OH
Caleb Redd, LB, St. Louis, MO
Willie Rodriguez, TE, Alexandria, KY
Quaysheed Scott, DB, Marion, SC
Aba Selm, OL, Independence, KY
Antwan Smith, LB, Atlanta, GA
David Washington, WR, Philadelphia, PA

When I look at this class in its present form, the first thing that jumps out is the geography. We have commitments from Ft. Lauderdale, Philadelphia, MO, CT, and MT. These are departures from Mark Stoops' prior recruiting patterns, and it goes to show that our recruiting footprint is spreading out geographically due to recent coaching hires and budgetary increases.

Another thing that jumps out is that Stoops' staff is recruiting athletic tools to be developed. Speed, athleticism, length, intelligence, and winning ambition. Most of these players are multisport athletes and almost all participate in hs track and field.

Another point. There are some major hs programs on this list, including DeSmet, Westlake, St. Joseph Prep, and Covington Catholic.

Who will be next? RB Jason Patterson from the Pensacola area has scheduled his announcement for August 1. It is now generally believed that Patterson will pick UK. This is another multisport athlete and track star who led the entire state of FL in rushing in 2022. Vandy and BC may still be involved, although Josh Edwards recently entered a CB pick for UK.

It is not yet known when Kendall Jackson, Hardley Gilmore, and Brian Robinson will announce, but all three visited Lexington last month and UK is believed to be at or near the top of their lists.

Here is another name to keep an eye on. MLB prospect Devin Smith from Brunswick, GA, has taken three UVs to UK and is known to hold high opinions of Coach Stoops and Coach White. Smith reportedly holds 10 SEC offers and will be difficult to sign, but our coaches are doing a good job of recruiting him so far.

Reactions: UKCatnNC
I’m pretty sure Kendall Jackson announces July 20
I haven't seen that. But the sooner he announces, the better that would probably be for UK. Jackson and his family recently had that highly successful visit to Lexington during which his Mom gushed over our campus and our coaching staff.

I haven't seen that. But the sooner he announces, the better that would probably be for UK. Jackson and his family recently had that highly successful visit to Lexington during which his Mom gushed over our campus and our coaching staff.
He announced that right after his UK visit

Kendall Jackson, will be interesting. Does he go with being home or go with a proven staff getting players to the pro's? UF does not have that reputation yet like we do. Their head coach has not even established himself building a program like UF. You would think a player with high potential to play in the pro's would want that extra aspect of coaching development that they can count on the next 3 or 4 years versus one that is still trying to get established and proven.

Jackson would be coming in at a good time at his position to possibly play pretty early and get on with being developed at a quicker pace than he would at UF.

It's a slow day. Here is a 5-question brain teaser for anyone who cares to give it a go.

1. How many WRs (not counting transfers) will Stoops take in our final 2024 class?

2. Total, how many hs players will sign in UK's 2024 class?

3. Will Tovani Mizell play in more than 4 games in 2024 as a true freshman?

4. Will David Washington play in more than 4 games in 2024 as a true freshman?

5. Out of Selm, Johnson, and Lafondant, which will be the first to start a game on UK's BBW? What year will it happen?

It's a slow day. Here is a 5-question brain teaser for anyone who cares to give it a go.

1. How many WRs (not counting transfers) will Stoops take in our final 2024 class?

5. Out of Selm, Johnson, and Lafondant, which will be the first to start a game on UK's BBW? What year will it happen?
i will give a very uneducated shot (pure guess)
1 - 2
2 - 21
3 - -no
4 - no
5 - Selm

I think we take 3 WR otherwise I don't believe we take Washington.
I think we sign around 21-22 range since we are already at 14.
No
No
I'm gonna say Selm as a redshirt Freshman

Reactions: Rembrandt90
Kendall Jackson, will be interesting. Does he go with being home or go with a proven staff getting players to the pro's? UF does not have that reputation yet like we do. Their head coach has not even established himself building a program like UF.

I attended last fall's UK-FL game in Gainesville. The personalities of the two teams on the field were noticeably different. UK was aggressive, confident, and unflappable. FL played tentatively and made some huge mental mistakes. At the time, I remember thinking Billy Napier might be in over his head. We will see about that.

The draw for a player like Jackson to stay home and be a Gator must be strong. But these players are surely noticing that Stoops' guys are physically and mentally dominating the UK-FL matchups whether played in Gainesville or Lexington. The "look" is that Stoops has a better coaching staff and more organizational momentum than Napier. Stoops' situation in Lexington is obviously stable whereas Napier could already be in trouble in Gainesville. If I was being recruited by FL right now, I would wonder whether Napier can last there for another 4 years. This is more or less why I am thinking Stoops will get Kendall Jackson. Not to mention that his Mom really enjoyed visiting UK last month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT