ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2023 Recruiting

What are your opinions of Cornist? I love that he is a bigger back but other than that I don’t know much about him other than I’ve read that he may be a step slow. But I remember reading the same thing about CRod’s recruitment and he turned out ok.

What are your opinions of Cornist? I love that he is a bigger back but other than that I don’t know much about him other than I’ve read that he may be a step slow. But I remember reading the same thing about CRod’s recruitment and he turned out ok.
You should check out his film. It’s a very good watch. I like him a lot. He’s a really strong runner & probably won’t go down on first contact very often. He trucks several guys in his highlights, both carrying the ball & as a blocker. I wouldn’t call him slow, especially for his size. He actually looks pretty fast, on film, to me. But, it looks like he has good vision & instincts & a nice burst. He has some moves, too, & is surprisingly elusive in the open field. Very good power back prospect, IMO.

Last edited:
One article spotlighted Palmer as maybe our best recruit. Said he runs a 10.89 and is 6-4 200. Mentioned highlight plays like B Brown is capable of.

JAYVANT BROWN

LB From Florida decommitted from Michigan State . MSU guys saying Marrow is involved with him.
Mike Stoops was recruiting there. Def would be a huge pickup
One article spotlighted Palmer as maybe our best recruit. Said he runs a 10.89 and is 6-4 200. Mentioned highlight plays like B Brown is capable of.
Who is Palmer? UK was recruiting Brandon Palmer but he committed to GA ST.

Leary has committed to UK. That was the biggest domino. Likely additions as it appears today fron what I've read:
RBs Ray Davis transfer and Jamarion Wilcox

WR: Demetrius Bell

DL: Tavion Gadson

LB: Javant Brown

Possibilities/not likely

Karmello English (most likely Michigan)
Kendrick Gilbert (who knows)
Woo Spencer (UL)
Asa Newsom Kansas St
Trey Cornist won't be UK

Last edited:
Leary has committed to UK. That was the biggest domino. Likely additions ad it appears today fron what I've read:
RBs Ray Davis transfer, Jamarion Wilcox and Trey Cornist

DL: Shane Cokes Dartmoth transfer and Tavion Gadson

Possibilities/not likely

Karmello English (most likely Michigan)Kendrick Gilbert (who knows)
Woo Spencer (UL)
Asa Newsom Kansas St
Cokes announced for Colorado.

Gadson can almost be put down in ink, was going to take visits in Jan, now will hold a signing day ceremony and reveal his choice.

Ray Davis on the board. Guess he was waiting to make sure we landed a quality qb.

Kendrick Gilbert might be the kind of recruit who ducks out on early signing day, then reevaluate starting in January

Things change quick. Had read Cornist was locked up. Not sure what changed, the other additions or something else. He will not be signing with UK.

Leary has committed to UK. That was the biggest domino. Likely additions as it appears today fron what I've read:
RBs Ray Davis transfer and Jamarion Wilcox

DL: Tavion Gadson

Possibilities/not likely

Karmello English (most likely Michigan)
Kendrick Gilbert (who knows)
Woo Spencer (UL)
Asa Newsom Kansas St
Trey Cornist won't be UK

What the heck happened with Spencer and Gilbert?

What the heck happened with Spencer and Gilbert?
UK kept Gilbert is the waiting game and he got tired of waiting. It appears he will go to UL. Gilbert took another visit to UK for the UL game and it looked like UK had momentum. Not sure but he's had several opportunities to commit and now flip. Everytime it appears about to happen he backs off. Who knows if he will stay with Purdue, flip to UL, or keep waiting? Like the other said, it wouldn't be surprising if he waits till January

Too much Davis and maybe Wilcox? Where's Cornist headed do you think?
Tulane. Idk how many years Davis has left. I thought one. If true Davis and Jefferson. Are gone after this coming year. Wright, McClain, Wilcox is all that will be left. Idk

He’s not even the best kicker in the state. That’s for damn sure. Just shaking my head at that one. I guess time will tell, and I’m sure he’s decent, but the best kicker in the state and one who is at or near the top of some state records in made field goals resides just up the road in Middletown and attends Trinity and will be unwrapping a Christmas present from me next weekend when we do family Christmas at my moms. He was second team all-state behind Jackson Smith last year (despite having better stats) and should by all accounts be 1st team all-state this year. Purdue wanted him, but obviously that’s now changed and he has no desire to go to Louisville. Would have crawled to UK if they had shown any measurable amount of interest.

Edit: The number 65 ranking for Degraff was from a Kohl’s kicking camp ranking event. Kellan was supposed to attend that this year but got Covid and couldn’t. He tried to reschedule for another but ended up going to several college camps. He went to a few of their camps in 2021. Kellan did win the Kohl’s Kicking Camps National Player of the week Twice. Had he attended the rankings camp in 2022 he would have ranked higher than 65.
Bouleware offered another K/P today. Jackson Moore from NC. He doesn't appear to have a recruiting profile.

• Wow
Reactions: Girthang
Now, we need a couple pass rushers. We seem to be rolling snake eyes right now, so I’m asking for both an edge rusher and an interior lineman that can get to the QB. We need a couple players than can simply beat their man/double team and get to QB. I thought Weaver was going to be the speed rush guy, but he hasn’t seemed to be the same since his knee injury. Hope he comes back for another year. I realize recovering from knee injuries is as much mental as physical.

Regardless, I’m still asking for 2 effective pass rushers!

Yes and Bell isn't signing early

Berea,
Thanks for your reports.
What is your read on Gilbert and Bell; 2 4 stars I sure would like to sign; also, I know UK drug its feet on Spencer, but was that enough for him to go up the road?
Again, thanks for your efforts.
Peace

Berea,
Thanks for your reports.
What is your read on Gilbert and Bell; 2 4 stars I sure would like to sign; also, I know UK drug its feet on Spencer, but was that enough for him to go up the road?
Again, thanks for your efforts.
Peace
Spencer is not a target. Bell isn't signing early,, could be grades. I wouldn't expect Gilbert

Bouleware offered another K/P today. Jackson Moore from NC. He doesn't appear to have a recruiting profile.
Just have to shake my head at it. Kellan will prove them wrong for taking a pass. He has a PWO offer from Miami OH but also got offered an academic scholarship that covers the bulk of his out of state Tuition and room and board if he chooses to go there. He has a 3.9 GPA.

Reactions: Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT