ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2023 Recruiting

Yep. Actually a rather slender kid (relatively speaking). Dunno if he is 6'9" and last I heard from his fam was he's 6'6/7", but doubt he's done growing (and even if he is, he has the length you covet). Athletic for his size. Really really good work ethic and comes from a family of athletes with his grandfather having a football lineage (and who now helps with his training).

Really quiet kid that doesn't seem to really like a lot of attention. Hard to teach his size and athleticism, so I'm not at all shocked they took him. I have to think UK's reputation with Lineman played a big big role for him.

You can tell by this pic here that he has a lot of work to do.

That pic taken probably during his junior year so plenty of time to grow into his body. From film he looks to have a quick first step and some nastiness to him. Senior HS year, RS first year at UK gives him plenty of development time. Seems undervalued at 5.5 by Rivals "experts."

Reactions: The-Hack
That pic taken probably during his junior year so plenty of time to grow into his body. From film he looks to have a quick first step and some nastiness to him. Senior HS year, RS first year at UK gives him plenty of development time. Seems undervalued at 5.5 by Rivals "experts."
It is. He is a Junior right now. As I posted though, I saw him in person about ten days ago and he has an excellent frame to build on, but has a ton of development in the weight room ahead. One thing is for sure, there's no bad weight he has to shed, he is an extremely lean guy for an OL.

It is. He is a Junior right now. As I posted though, I saw him in person about ten days ago and he has an excellent frame to build on, but has a ton of development in the weight room ahead. One thing is for sure, there's no bad weight he has to shed, he is an extremely lean guy for an OL.
I firmly agree. It's impossible for me to know how recruit rankings work, but I don't think he's undervalued in rankings because his body needs such a transformation. He has the frame, as you said, and I know he has the work ethic.

At worst, UK picked up what could be a solid rotational piece 2 years down the line. He's from Richmond, so its not like he may transfer somewhere to be close to home if he doesn't get his shot. At best? Well, hard to teach that size and mobility. KSR did a pretty good film room post on this fact. He's big and athletic, the two things you can't really teach.

He's invited to some big camps this summer, so should get a better picture of where he's at. Camped with Ohio State last summer and their 247 guys had a lot of good things to say about him. Potential's there, at least.

I firmly agree. It's impossible for me to know how recruit rankings work, but I don't think he's undervalued in rankings because his body needs such a transformation. He has the frame, as you said, and I know he has the work ethic.

At worst, UK picked up what could be a solid rotational piece 2 years down the line. He's from Richmond, so its not like he may transfer somewhere to be close to home if he doesn't get his shot. At best? Well, hard to teach that size and mobility. KSR did a pretty good film room post on this fact. He's big and athletic, the two things you can't really teach.

He's invited to some big camps this summer, so should get a better picture of where he's at. Camped with Ohio State last summer and their 247 guys had a lot of good things to say about him. Potential's there, at least.
The thought of having bookend OTs of Goodwin/Wood 2-3 years from now makes one giddy. Let's hope it works out that way.

The thought of having bookend OTs of Goodwin/Wood 2-3 years from now makes one giddy. Let's hope it works out that way.
My guess would be that Goodwin is gone after '24 & that Wood will be an RS FR in '24 & unlikely starting with the physical development he needs as stated on here.

What position? Looks like he is about to throw it in that pic
This player is actually listed by the Rivals "experts" as an "Athlete." He played QB for his HS team. UK obviously feels he's better suited for Edge. I wonder if he decommitted from State Penn because of how they were going to use him? Or maybe he's interested in UK because of how they'll use him? Whichever or whatever, he's a good looking prospect with good size and speed.

Reactions: vikingfer
This player is actually listed by the Rivals "experts" as an "Athlete." He played QB for his HS team. UK obviously feels he's better suited for Edge. I wonder if he decommitted from State Penn because of how they were going to use him? Or maybe he's interested in UK because of how they'll use him? Whichever or whatever, he's a good looking prospect with good size and speed.
That is why I asked. His size and all I thought OLB/DE but then I seen the pic, and he is actually a good size for a QB

Cameron Calhoun moved his commitment date up to the 30th

Seems like UK is going to get another tall corner for the future.

Reactions: BigTyrone
Cameron Calhoun commits to WVU and does childish fake commitment bs and that's coming from a kid who goes to Chris Oats' former HS with his brother on the staff....

Very childish on his part and a little social media bashing should be expected, even if he wasn’t a take. You just don’t post something like that and not get harassed in the social media age

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT