ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

I believe Bingham will sign with UK. He has been a UK fan all his life, and comes from a heavily pro-UK area of our state. Coach Wolfson has a working history as a very good recruiter. I can't deny the mystique of ND. But a number of players on UK's roster turned down ND. At the end of the day, ND is another ACC team that just got clobbered by an SEC team.

I too hope he ends up at UK (obviously) but as of right now, ND leads and UK has ground to make up. Let's hope they do.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Lets hope this vaccine starts having a positive effect and things starting working towards normalcy. UK recruits on relationships and Covid has them somewhat behind the 🎱

When Day took over, there was talk that he would be focusing more on Ohio. I just don’t see it. He is national recruiting as much as Urban. To me, it seems his percentage in-state vs. out is about the same.
It may be close to the same but Day signed 5 of the top 6 this year and already has 4 of the top 6 committed again. They are going to keep recruiting nationally.

It may be close to the same but Day signed 5 of the top 6 this year and already has 4 of the top 6 committed again. They are going to keep recruiting nationally.
It sounded like (ESD Presser) that UK was happy with, and focused heavily on this year's Kentucky high school talent.

If that's what you want to believe, but you can say that about any recruit when we all know there are many cases where it is known who leads in a recruitment.
I hear what you are saying. Bingham grew up in a pro-UK area of our state, and has been a lifelong UK fan. This is a complicated time in a young student athlete's life. He might like ND this week. But this is recruiting, and next week is an unknown. With the travel restrictions, recruiting has been done via zoom. Within a few months, recruiting and travel will probably open up. Next winter, still quite a while off, he will sign with a school. Until he does, this is just a friendly discussion, and should remain only that.

In the two most recent classes, Coach Stoops has reinforced the program's emphasis on instate recruiting. The effort has been very successful. None of us knows what any particular recruiting target will decide months from now, but I don't see a reason at this time why Stoops won't continue to be very successful. My belief in that regard is backed up by Stoops' and Marrow's track record, but I don't claim to know what any recruiting target will decide. I do believe that Coach Wolford will be a recruiting asset.

Last edited:
If that's what you want to believe, but you can say that about any recruit when we all know there are many cases where it is known who leads in a recruitment.

True. Rembrandt has identified recruits he thinks favor UK. If that kind of analysis is available for recruits that are believed to be a hard UK lean, it seems it is fair to identify those who are not. I think it fair to say that UK is in a real battle for Grant and ND likely holds the early lead.

The big thing that helps us is the Kentucky class is strong. 2021 Kentucky had 1 4 star player and it hurt us as far as getting high end talent. 2022 has 4 4 star guys that are difference makers if we can get 3 of those and add a few big out of state guys it’s huge.

The big thing that helps us is the Kentucky class is strong. 2021 Kentucky had 1 4 star player and it hurt us as far as getting high end talent. 2022 has 4 4 star guys that are difference makers if we can get 3 of those and add a few big out of state guys it’s huge.

Spot on. I think Longmire could be bumped to a four star as well if he has a great senior season. As he currently is a high 3 star at 5.7.

I believe their trainer at aspirations said Goodwin was the best athlete he had ever had there. Some of the names assoc with him are Rondale Moore, Stephon Herron, Wandale, and JJ Weaver. He is huge, 6'7 and 300 lbs.

omg Goodwin lookin' like a grown a** man! [roll]
Some guys are at 17. One friend was starting C on our 8th-grade hoops team at 5-10. He's 5-10. Another had heavy beard at 15. He was 5-7 then & forever till he passed. Another guy was starting point G at 5-5/6 on same 8th-grade team. He's 6-4. Another was 6-1/2 as SO & 6-6 as JR & 6-8 today. Name is Dave Cowens.

Reactions: The-Hack
Some guys are at 17. One friend was starting C on our 8th-grade hoops team at 5-10. He's 5-10. Another had heavy beard at 15. He was 5-7 then & forever till he passed. Another guy was starting point G at 5-5/6 on same 8th-grade team. He's 6-4. Another was 6-1/2 as SO & 6-6 as JR & 6-8 today. Name is Dave Cowens.
Kiyaunta is 6'7 and 300. He was 395 and lost 100 lbs. He doesn't need to grow anymore.

Yeah, played middle school ball with a guy like that. I think he ended up a bit taller than I was as well cause I stopped my sophomore year at 6' 5". He ended up around 6' 7 or 6' 8" who didn't ever become really athletic.

I was helping run a football camp as a senior for the incoming freshman and incoming 8th graders, there was a kid there, I forget his name now. But when he took off his shirt when to do skins vs. shirts for pass skeleton, this 7th going to 8th grader had chest hair like Austin Powers. So gross! [roll]

I'm getting closer to 30 and i still have zero chest hair and only shave once or twice a week! LOL.

Schools that have reached out to Treyveon Longmire as of late. One of the Cats top in state targets. I am not sure if UK sees Longmire more as of a RB or DB, I would guess they are open to either. I know UofL is recruiting Longmire as a WR

DB all the way - great athlete that will be better in college than high school
4-4 legit
4-5 Speed
6-1 187 pounds - legit -athlete
Kentucky leads

Not sure if you're thinking the dude next to Wandale in the instagram pic is Goodwin, but it's not. That's their trainer, Chris Vaughn.

But you're right. He is a grown a** man because he's in his 30s.
OH! Thank you for letting me know! I was gonna say, how is that dude 17?!

OH! Thank you for letting me know! I was gonna say, how is that dude 17?!
Vaughn didn't look much different when he was a recruit. Signed w/ Notre Dame and played there I think a year or two then transferred to UofL where he finished his college career.

The lead recruiter, who is turning out to be the best recruiter behind Marrow on the staff, is Steve Clinkscale. We need to keep Coach Clinkscale at all costs.

Wolford with another offer today: Bryson Hurst. He's putting in some serious work already and the staff could potentially put together a nice OL class in 22, before it's all said and done.

Marrow, Clink, Sumrall and Wolford are all big time as recruiters. Brad White is very underrated. I think Jemal Singleton is going to be impressive and that's not even getting to Liam Coen yet, who should also be very good.
Do you know, is Singleton taking on the Texas area? Or is that RB just a guy they like that happens to be from Texas.

It looks like he will definitely dabble some in Texas and like Wolford recruiting OL, I think he'll be heavily involved in recruiting the RB's.
I like hearing that. Another state full of talent. Singleton had said he would be comfortable with either type of recruiting, positional or regional, sounded like he has the personality to recruit well.

Marrow, Clink, Sumrall and Wolford are all big time as recruiters. Brad White is very underrated. I think Jemal Singleton is going to be impressive and that's not even getting to Liam Coen yet, who should also be very good.
I agree about those 4 being big time recruiters but Brad White has been under-whelming while he's been here. It says on 247 that he has only been the lead recruiter for RJ Adams and Marquez Bembry but that could be wrong. Coen is also a big question too because we really don't know how he did recruit at Maine but I would consider him a reason why Wan'Dale chose us over Purdue.

Reactions: ukalum1988
I agree about those 4 being big time recruiters but Brad White has been under-whelming while he's been here. It says on 247 that he has only been the lead recruiter for RJ Adams and Marquez Bembry but that could be wrong. Coen is also a big question too because we really don't know how he did recruit at Maine but I would consider him a reason why Wan'Dale chose us over Purdue.

It's not always about just being a guy's primary recruiter. White has done very well recruiting with other members of the staff and generally has gotten really positive feedback from high school coaches.

It's not always about just being a guy's primary recruiter. White has done very well recruiting with other members of the staff and generally has gotten really positive feedback from high school coaches.
That's definitely true but its kind of odd for the head guy of the defense to only have 2 commits and his last one was from two recruiting classes ago. He didn't have any in the 2021 class but as you said was probably one of the secondary recruiters on a lot.

That's definitely true but its kind of odd for the head guy of the defense to only have 2 commits and his last one was from two recruiting classes ago. He didn't have any in the 2021 class but as you said was probably one of the secondary recruiters on a lot.

And this 2021 class is a pretty small one. Marrow, Clink and Sumrall are generally going to be the primary guys that get a lot of the commitments. Wolford is going to chip in on OL guys and then the remaining few guys will be spread out among the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT