ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

Yes it is. Holy Coss, Ballard, now Charlestown. He also lost 100 lbs
That’s great he was able to drop the weight from both an athletic and health standpoint. Hovering over 400 brings a lot of questions in to play. I wonder why the move from Ballard?Was it a legit move? Going to play for a better program? Questions about whether the 2020 season in KY would be played?

According to Maxpreps they were 8-3 and the 17th best team in 3A last year. I would think Ballard is the better team so unless it has to do with the coach prob legit

That’s my thoughts too. Three teams in three years, unless it’s a legit move or reason, then that would throw up red flags to me. Saw a coach post on Twitter a while back he had an attitude problem. Could be something to it.

That’s my thoughts too. Three teams in three years, unless it’s a legit move or reason, then that would throw up red flags to me. Saw a coach post on Twitter a while back he had an attitude problem. Could be something to it.

May be true. His strength and agility coach also coaches Heron, Weaver, and Moore. He said in the interview that he is the best athlete he has ever coached and was won favorably against Heron and Weaver. He also said he was a great kid. Could be a coach building him up but kid has the size and skillset

To be real, this class kind of feels like a colossal disappointment. Absolutely no recruiting momentum on the back of a huge effort last year. And just like that fans are "just happy to be mentioned " by a few top 400 kids. Has Covid somehow affected the Big Dog more than other college coaches?

Reactions: C.W.S.pipesealer
To be real, this class kind of feels like a colossal disappointment. Absolutely no recruiting momentum on the back of a huge effort last year. And just like that fans are "just happy to be mentioned " by a few top 400 kids. Has Covid somehow affected the Big Dog more than other college coaches?
X 100.

1. Kentucky really sells the on campus visits and they've not been allowed to be on campus this year.
  2. Kids are more likely to stay close to home or ho to a traditional power this year because of no visits.

I honestly wish they would stop reporting on these higher ranked kids we have no shot with. It took them several years to build the momentum we saw in last years class. I really hope they can find some way to get moving forward again next year.

I honestly wish they would stop reporting on these higher ranked kids we have no shot with. It took them several years to build the momentum we saw in last years class. I really hope they can find some way to get moving forward again next year.
Who didn't we have a shot at? I have only seen reporting on 3 Rivals Top 100 players, Payne, Benny, and Goodwine. Of those 3 Goodwine is the only one we didn't have a chance with

UK appears to be the early leader for-

Treyveon Longmire, ATH, Corbin, KY
Gavin Wimsatt, QB, Owensboro, KY
Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY
Dane Key, ATH, Lexington, KY
Ty Bryant, ATH, Lexington, KY
Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY
Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH
Dijon Jennings, ATH, Reynoldsburg, OH
Delian Bradley, ATH, Springfield, OH
Ryan Baer, OL, Eastlake, OH

Being the early leader doesn't mean UK will sign all of these players, but I suspect we will sign more than half of them.

Last edited:
Here is a rundown of recruits that have tweeted out graphics that the staff has reached out to for the 22 class. Sorted by state, position, and ranking. No doubt the staff has reached out to others, but I didn't see any graphics tweeted out by them. For example, I am sure the staff reached out to in-state kids Dane Key and Grant Bingham, and Aamil Wagner in Ohio, Amhad Wagner's brother. I am not sure who we are in a good position to land so far, but I would assume we are in a good position to land most of the kids in state. I would assume Gavin Wimsatt, top 50 player at QB for Owensboro would be the top priority for the staff. I think the 22 class can be really special.

Kentucky

QB Gavin Wimsatt 5.9 4 star

RB Treyveon Longmire 5.7 3 star

K Jackson Smith

Ohio

RB Xavier Preston NR

TE Eljiah Brown 5.7 3 star

TE Ryan Miller 5.7 3 star

DT Derrick Shepard 5.9 4 star

DE CJ Doggette 5.6 3 star

Michigan

WR/ATH Christian Rapley 5.6 3 star

ATH Jeremiah Caldwell 5.8 4 star

CB Myles Rowser 6.0 4 star

WR Tyrell Henry 5.6 3 star

Tennessee

S Kody Jones 5.8 4 star

OT Aliou Bah 5.8 4 star

ATH Dallan Hayden 4 star

Georgia

RB Victor Venn 5.6 3 star

DE Mykel Williams 5.9 4 star

CB JQ Hardway 5.7 3 star

Florida

WR Camden Brown 5.5 3 star

S Kyree Hammond 5.5 3 star

DE Daniel Lyons 57 3 star

DE Dante Anderson 5.8 4 star

RB Jaylon Glover 5.7 3 star

S Tre Donaldson 5.7 3 star

S Jaydon Hodge 5.6 3 star

Virginia

OG Ryan Nolan 5.5 3 star

WR Jimmy Kibble NR

North Carolina

WR Mehki Wall 5.5 3 star

South Carolina

TE Jaleel Skinner 5.8 4 star

Washington

TE Nate Kurisky 5.5 3 star

Indiana

OT Kiyaunta Goodwin 5.8 4 star

Brad White offers RB George Pettaway top 150 player in 22. Several offers sent out today by White in the DMV area. With all the success our backs have had, I think it's matter of time before UK lands a big time RB

Schools that have reached out to Treyveon Longmire as of late. One of the Cats top in state targets. I am not sure if UK sees Longmire more as of a RB or DB, I would guess they are open to either. I know UofL is recruiting Longmire as a WR

UK is recruiting Treyveon as a DB as are most schools. That's what he seems to prefer as well according to everything that I've heard him say.

Reactions: oplusas
Myles Rowser DB top 50 player nationally and one of the Cats top targets for 22. From Michigan. Coach Clink will be his primary recruiter.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
OL recruiting for 2022 is something that I already feel good about. There are three names that at this point, I feel good about Kentucky landing due to some obvious ties.

One, Aamil Wagner from Ohio and brother of former UK WR Ahmad. Kentucky got on him very early and obviously he is quite familiar with the program. Two, Nikolas Hall and the son of former UK All SEC OL Antonio Hall. Nikolas lives with his mother in Texas but in an interview from the LHL. He called UK his dream offer, which he just received a few days ago. Three, Grant Bingham from the mount of eastern KY and reportedly grew up a UK fan.

Obviously, there are no locks in recruiting and there's a long way to go for this class, but I'd give Kentucky the leg up for these three.

It may seem a little early to start this thread, but I am not convinced that is the case. Sometime between this summer and next March, UK's coaches will receive their first 2022 verbal commitment. So it is not too early for followers of UK football recruiting to begin discussing our 2022 class. Here is an early window into my thinking about our 2022 football class.

Could be early leaners toward UK-

Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY
Ty Bryant, ATH, Lexington, KY
Dane Key, ATH, Lexington, KY
Treyveon Longmire, ATH, Corbin, KY

Other 2022 Kentuckians already holding UK offers-

Selah Brown, OL/DL, Louisville, KY
Kiyaunta Goodwin, OL, Louisville, KY
Gavin Wimsatt, QB, Owensboro, KY

Very early list of out of state names to watch-

Alex Afari, ATH, West Chester, OH
Ryan Baer, OL, East Lake, OH
Delian Bradley, ATH, Springfield, OH
Terrance Brooks, DB, Plano, TX
Camden Brown, WR, Delray Beach, FL
Samuel Brown, RB, Glenside, PA
Tray Brown, LB/S, Ft Lauderdale, FL
Jeremiah Caldwell, WR, Belleville, MI
Abdul Carter, LB, Glenside, PA
Bennett Christian, TE, Acworth, GA
Brandon Cleveland, DL, Tampa, FL
Peter Delaportas, QB, Sparta, NJ
CJ Doggette, DL, Pinkerington, OH
Tre Donaldson, DB, Tallahassee, FL
Justin Evans-Jenkins, DL, Irvington, NJ
Justice Finkley, LB, Trussville, AL
Ken Fletcher, LB, Delran, NJ
Antonio Gates, WR, Dearborn, MI
John Griffith, QB, Baltimore, MD
Kendrix Goodman, OL, Fairfield, OH
Taylor Groves, WR, Cross Plains, TN
Anthony Hankerson, RB, Ft Lauderdale, FL
Elijah Herring, LB, Murfreesboro, TN
Keshaun Hudson, DL, Pompano Beach, FL
Dijon Jennings, ATH, Reynoldsburg, OH
Bryson Jennings, LB, Midlothian, VA
Jamaal Johnson, LB, Hollywood, FL
Kaleb Johnson, RB, Hamilton, OH
Mikeece Jones, ATH, Nashville, TN
Nyjalik Kelly, LB, Ft Lauderdale, FL
Shaleak Knotts, WR, Monroe, NC
Ka'Marii Landers, OL, Dearborn, MI
Daterius Lee, LB, Deerfield, Beach, FL
Cincear Lewis, DB, Kalamazoo, MI
Julian Lewis, WR, Ft Lauderdale, FL
Na'hiem Lilly, RB, Ramseur, NC
Horace Lockett, DL, Atlanta, GA
Quintaviois Lockett, RB, Atlanta, GA
Yann Longa, RB, Miami, FL
Shanard Lo-Ray, LB, Pompano Beach, FL
Marquis Lymon, DB, Delray Beach, FL
Alex McCalop, LB, Greensboro, NC
Elijah McCantos, CB, Miami, FL
Jordan McDonald, ATH, Alpharetta, GA
Davonte Miles, DL, River Rouge, MI
KJ Miles, DL, Jersey City, NJ
Anthony Mix, QB, Mobile, AL
Langston Patterson, LB, Nashville, TN
Gi'Bran Payne, RB, Cincinnati, OH
Jackson Pruitt, OL/DL, Detroit, MI
Christian Rapley, WR, Belleville, MI
Osiris Ross, ATH, Ramseur, NC
Anthony Rucker, WR/LB, Orlando, FL
Gunnar Smith, QB, Lake Mary, FL
Isaiah Smith, LB, Washington, DC
Kaylin Smith, OL, Miami, FL
Te'Sean Smoot, ATH, Springfield, OH
JR Tellington, LB, Youngstown, OH
Richard Thomas, LB, Ft Lauderdale, FL
Tayshawn Trent, WR, Eastpointe, MI
Zion Turner, ATH, Ft Lauderdale, FL
Dakota Twitty, WR, Mooresboro, NC
Junior Vandeross, ATH, Tampa, FL
Destin Wade, QB, Spring Hill, TN
Keaton Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN
Aamil Wagner, OL/DL, Dayton, OH
Dametrius Walker, DL, Muskegon, MI
Jakobe Watkins, OL, Detroit, MI
Jarel Williams, WR, Saraland, AL
Michael Williams, LB, West Bloomfield, MI
Clive Wilson, ATH, Youngstown, OH
Sean Wilson, WR, Middle Village, NY
Torren Wright, LB, Kannapolis, NC
Dayvon Young, WR, Oak Park, MI
Elijah Zollicoffer, OL/DL, Covington, GA

Thanks for your hard work.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

Brad White offers RB George Pettaway top 150 player in 22. Several offers sent out today by White in the DMV area. With all the success our backs have had, I think it's matter of time before UK lands a big time RB

You would think . Gran gets a lot of criticism on here sometimes but NO ONE can argue that he’s not a GREAT running backs coach . Not just here but throughout his career.

Not at all knocking you for sharing, but down to his final 8? LOL! Well, I hope we make the cut. Please post again when he’s down to 2-3 and UK’s still in the mix

• Wow
Reactions: Bereacat420
Meanwhile, OSU has 10 commitments for ‘22. Four from Ohio.

OSU could be putting together one of the best classes on paper in recent memory. With 9/10 of their recruits a 4 or 5 star. Ryan Day has made recruiting Ohio a priority since taking over, something Urban Meyer didn't really do. The Big Dog will earn his money recruiting Ohio with OSU and now Cincinnati as an emerging program as along as Fickell stays. One of the players UK will have to worry about locking up in Ohio if OSU offers is Aamil Wagner, but as of now I like the Cats chances.

They will have a hard time topping the class they have this year. Had they not lost 2 top recruits to the SEC they would have had the 2nd highest rated class ever. The 1st now being Bama this year. Lol

Reactions: oplusas
OSU could be putting together one of the best classes on paper in recent memory. With 9/10 of their recruits a 4 or 5 star. Ryan Day has made recruiting Ohio a priority since taking over, something Urban Meyer didn't really do. The Big Dog will earn his money recruiting Ohio with OSU and now Cincinnati as an emerging program as along as Fickell stays. One of the players UK will have to worry about locking up in Ohio if OSU offers is Aamil Wagner, but as of now I like the Cats chances.

Great point that Meyer recruiting strategy helped UK scoop up kids passed on by Ohio St. And i get the Luke Fickel emergence at Cincy....but Marrow got a crazy pay raise and he needs to beat out Cincy for kids plain and simple.

When Day took over, there was talk that he would be focusing more on Ohio. I just don’t see it. He is national recruiting as much as Urban. To me, it seems his percentage in-state vs. out is about the same.

OL recruiting for 2022 is something that I already feel good about. There are three names that at this point, I feel good about Kentucky landing due to some obvious ties.

One, Aamil Wagner from Ohio and brother of former UK WR Ahmad. Kentucky got on him very early and obviously he is quite familiar with the program. Two, Nikolas Hall and the son of former UK All SEC OL Antonio Hall. Nikolas lives with his mother in Texas but in an interview from the LHL. He called UK his dream offer, which he just received a few days ago. Three, Grant Bingham from the mount of eastern KY and reportedly grew up a UK fan.

Obviously, there are no locks in recruiting and there's a long way to go for this class, but I'd give Kentucky the leg up for these three.
Hirings of new OC Liam Coen and OL coach Eric Wolford are going to significantly affect offensive recruiting for our 2022 class. I expect Bingham to commit to UK early. There will be a long battle for Wagner, and having Coach Wolford won't hurt. Coach Wolford is already after Kiyaunta Goodwin.

As far as skill position players are concerned, I expect Coen to have a huge recruiting impact. That begins with Gavin Wimsatt, who has already made it known that Coen's vertical passing game interests him. I expect an early UK commitment from Dane Key.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Hopefully Kentucky can make up ground with Grant Bingham because right now he is pretty enamored with Notre Dame.
I believe Bingham will sign with UK. He has been a UK fan all his life, and comes from a heavily pro-UK area of our state. Coach Wolfson has a working history as a very good recruiter. I can't deny the mystique of ND. But a number of players on UK's roster turned down ND. At the end of the day, ND is another ACC team that just got clobbered by an SEC team.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT