ADVERTISEMENT

Start of each half

So what was this "hunch" that Cal had that Chin was talking about for tonight's game?
"I know it hasn't worked for crap all season, but I have a hunch that starting both halves in big scoring holes is THE WAY to do it this time"????

So what was this "hunch" that Cal had that Chin was talking about for tonight's game?
"I know it hasn't worked for crap all season, but I have a hunch that starting both halves in big scoring holes is THE WAY to do it this time"????
Why do what won the last game? No. No. Gotta go back to what has never worked a single time the entire season to prove he’s the smartest guy in the room.

First half started down 12-3.
Second half started 9-2.

Then Cal subs and we try to fight back and
Close the gap.

Every game.

Just in case you all didn’t know this.
Stupid is as stupid does. Cal just does it to piss off fan base.

Second half started 9-2.

Close the gap.

Every game.

Not a dumber strategy in America that what Cal does
Between the 2 foul rule the starting lineups not fouling up 3
He’s pitiful

Reactions: ukjenning44
Second half started 9-2.

Close the gap.

Every game.

Almost unbelievable the coach does this to the team, the program and the fans. Playing with fire. Just not right at all for Sheppard to have to come in all the time and save the day.

Almost unbelievable the coach does this to the team, the program and the fans. Playing with fire. Just not right at all for Sheppard to have to come in all the time and save the day.
Since those in the media will not directly ask Cal about this I wish they would interview other coaches and basketball gurus and ask them, “If you had this roster what would your strategy be and what would your lineup look like?”

It makes absolutely no sense to start the guys he is starting together when everyone watching (but Cal) can see that that combo does not work.

Heck, go ahead and start Wagner, but put him out there with Sheppard and Reeves.

Dillingham probably doesn’t need to start because he fouls so much, but starting Wagner and Edwards with Thiero and Onyenso is just not a good mix. Not enough firepower. Shep has got to start with Wagner.

Reactions: ukjenning44
Second half started 9-2.

Close the gap.

Every game.

@stereonut needs to comment on how pointing out these facts makes you a "quitter."

His earlier thread was riveting stuff, really.

Reactions: stereonut
It makes absolutely no sense to start the guys he is starting together when everyone watching (but Cal) can see that that combo does not work.

Heck, go ahead and start Wagner, but put him out there with Sheppard and Reeves.

Dillingham probably doesn’t need to start because he fouls so much, but starting Wagner and Edwards with Thiero and Onyenso is just not a good mix. Not enough firepower. Shep has got to start with Wagner.
I love Reed and Thiero combo. Thiero makes that cut from the baseline and Reed knows when to lob it, when to make the bounce pass, and when to throw it at his chest. We went to that play with Dilly as well. The defense has to decide if they want to stop the driving guard or stop Thiero from having a baseline slam.

We need to keep going to that well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT