ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina is 309th in pace of play

yoshukai

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2002
Harrodsburg
and are giving up less than 65 points a game . This will be one of the type teams I was looking forward to seeing how we responded too . And it’s on the road . Great learning experience and ncaa tournament preparation game .

Mississippi St is 191 and we had no issues scoring.

What someone has said often is the key tonight is how the refs call the game. USC is #99 in fouls per game with only 16.1. I don't think that means they are physical as much as they just grind it out like UVA. For comparison, we're 80th at a tiny bit less FPG of 15.8. Essentially splitting hairs.

However, funny little tidbit that will surprise no one. UK has a HUGE disparity of fouls per game at home vs. away.

Home FPG: 14.1
Away FPG: 20.0
6 FPG disparity

USC:

Home FPG: 14.8
Away FPG: 17.8
3 FPG disparity

Since I know someone will ask, here's Kansas and Duke FPG home/away differences:

KU Home: 14.1
KU Away: 15.6
1.5 FPG disparity

Puke Home: 14.9
Puke Away: 16.0
1.1 FPT disparity

I looked up some stuff, Kentucky is 1st in scoring offense and South Carolina is 228th.

Kentucky is #4 in team offensive efficiency.

USC is 86th.

UGA is 161 and we let them score 61 points in a half....
Georgia's offense is 91st, and that 61bwas an anomaly. Our guys went flat last 8 minutes after the rout and excitement of Big Z. When we were playing tight in the first half they only scored 35. We are literally 1 more defensive stop per game on defense away from being top 30 in defensive efficiency.

I don't really put much stock in this because we're so good in transition. We force some turnovers, sprint to the other end and score that's going to force them to speed up to match and then it's off to the races for us.

I still think this game goes over the original projection of 155 total points.

• Wow
Reactions: N O V A 9 4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT