ADVERTISEMENT

South Carolina at Kentucky

13 years and not a single appearance in the NCAA tournament appearances. No thanks.

In my humble and useless opinion, the reality is UK will possibly need to hire someone who has proven as a head coach they can do more with less. Interdonato has had different teams lead the country in stolen bases and home runs, and he took over an awful program in a highly competitive recruiting area and made them very competitive. I’m sure there are 40-50 other coaches in that category who could be considered as well, including Edwin Thompson, who used to be at EKU.

Brian Green and Cliff Godwin are two other coaches who have also proven they can do more with less, just like Robert Woodard at Charlotte. The names I posted are by no means an exhaustive list, and it’s probably all useless speculation, but something to talk about and debate while we wait for game two to start.

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
OK...who?

Erik Bakich would be my first phone call and I would throw the checkbook at him. Make him tell me no. Would he leave Michigan? I don’t know. But shoot your shot. Chad Holbrook should be on that list. Has SEC experience and I think following Ray Tanner hurt him. Jeff Duncan would be another good option. I think Roger Williams would be a good option but he’s never been a head coach. I don’t know if Kentucky can afford to go that route again. But let’s honest. It’s all a pipe dream. Minge will be back next year.

Roger Williams, Link Jarret, Erick Bakich. All three would be an upgrade and they all have ties to the SEC.
Hey I agree with you on that but the key is do coaches still perceive UK is not on board 100% with the baseball program. New stadium really helps the selling part but old perceptions are hard to beat.

Reactions: Big_Blue_1018
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT