ADVERTISEMENT

SOS

Feb 10, 2024
Been getting bad on the weekends too many years in a row. Like so many, I usually plan a weekend of great hoops but lost the spirit to watch any games yet again. Wonder if the fan base as a whole is dwindling from loss of spirit. Can UK revive it as we continue to miss out on watching our favorite players progress for next year, miss weekend SEC tourney games, get knocked out by second round in NCAA all at the cost of draft picks and stubborn leadership. Gosh at this point maybe if we made sweet sixteen it would help this old man. I believe we may be losing Big Blue Nation with this approach. Am I wrong?

Reactions: ala_kat2
"SOS". I read that and instantly thought Kentucky basketball needs rescuing, not 'strength of schedule'. It does. Please send help.

Somehow it's up to the fans to self rescue. Stop giving them your money folks. Stop going to Rupp. Money is the only voice in the room that will be heard. Do your part if you truly want change.

Apathy has set in for awhile, but many of us were born into this fandom and it’s in our blood. It’s hard to step away from it, but I hope like hell Cal is gone after this year (I don’t see it happening, but I hope). He has taken the program to a depth I didn’t think possible. Anything less than a title this year is a complete failure. It didn’t have to be that way, but we’ve squandered opportunity after opportunity with an insane talent level.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Been getting bad on the weekends too many years in a row. Like so many, I usually plan a weekend of great hoops but lost the spirit to watch any games yet again. Wonder if the fan base as a whole is dwindling from loss of spirit. Can UK revive it as we continue to miss out on watching our favorite players progress for next year, miss weekend SEC tourney games, get knocked out by second round in NCAA all at the cost of draft picks and stubborn leadership. Gosh at this point maybe if we made sweet sixteen it would help this old man. I believe we may be losing Big Blue Nation with this approach. Am I wrong?
It’s getting commonplace to lose. Many of us get our hopes up, but not nearly as high as they used to be. I try to not let the plight of UK basketball and the inept stubborn coach cloud my days and ruin my psyche. But, here I am 😠

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT