ADVERTISEMENT

Something would have to go wrong....(Askew)

Not saying he does or does not have inside info. But would like a little more in depth reasoning behind what he is posting. Not "name the source" stuff, nobody will out a source if it is suppose to be confidential. Well, not if they want to continue to receive said info. But just state if it is based on opinion, or came from someone who is "in the know" that told him posted info. I mean stating we have a under 30% chance for CC, OK, how did you come to that %. Is it based on opinion or info from Cade's circle, UK, or what.

I mean stating " I don't know, but expect it" Sure sounds like a opinion the way I read it. Now if it is based on info he has received, it is OK to state that and not give up a source you got it from. I think that is what some of the people are doubting DK for.
[eyeroll]X100000

Crystal Ball was already at 100% to Kentucky, and real insiders had been calling it for a week. Not sure that counts as “call[ing]” it. But whatever. People need something to believe in, I guess.

He literally posted in a random Friday that he called Cal and committed and this was at before any online predictions of a sure thing even before he announced he was ready.

In my honest opinion, from watching everything I could find online on him, he reminds me of a young Jason Kidd. Maybe even a little better shooter than J Kidd. He’s smooth with the ball, shoots it at a high clip, can make any pass on the floor, plays with a lot of fire and he always plays very hard, so that takes anyway any doubt about his athleticism. Although he is very athletic, just not elite like a John Wall, Malik Monk or Jalen Green type.

I truly do think Jason Kidd is the best comparison for him at this point in his development. I can see why some would say Brandon Knight, but only because of how smart he plays and keeps his head up. Overall though it would be Jason for me. I’m talking about J Kidd while he was at The University of California, not the Starter for the USA team. Lol. I’ve saw a little of the Bulldog in him like Jalen Brunson like someone else stated also but he’s taller, quicker, and has a higher ceiling.

Anyway, if he can just be himself, he’ll be unbelievable for wherever he ends up, I’m feeling better and better about Kentucky chances everyday and I appreciate your thoughts about it Dave! The very first time,( I think last year,), I saw the Kid play, I thought about Jason Kidd and watching his most recent games, I swear he even has started to move and look him. Lol. He’s definitely a high level player and I could certainly see all the top players wanting to play with him.

I will say, besides Jason, I think Nico Manion is a similar player, although I think Nico is a little more athletic. Still though, Devin doesn’t need to be flying and doing 360s. Lol. His game will be the perfect compliment to our players and it would sure be fun to watch them. Thanks again Dave and everyone else that contributes here. We really do appreciate all of you guys.

I actually like the Deron William's comparison from the videos I've seen.

I'm sure Askew can shoot inside the arc better than Deron could, but college Defense is probably a little tougher than high school.

He literally posted in a random Friday that he called Cal and committed and this was at before any online predictions of a sure thing even before he announced he was ready.

The Crystal Ball and Future Cast prediction history is public, so you can check the dates. Both were 100% since late August, when Clarke announced his commitment date of 9/14. The paid boards were calling it a sure thing for awhile. David Sisk, Corey Evans, and Eric Bossi all logged picks for Kentucky before Clarke even set the date, which was a week before DK’s post.

Also, Kersey just posted in this thread that he’s stating his opinions. I give him points for admitting it. So he posted his opinion (written as fact, as usual) that Clarke had committed at a time that literally everyone was already predicting Clarke to UK and an announcement date was already set. Then Clarke later commits to UK and Rupp Rafters posters say “Wow, insider!”

People here need to stay far away from psychics and palm readers.

I think you’re thinking of Juzang and runt?

pretty sure UK didn’t have 100% of the crystal ball for Clarke when he made the thread that he was ours.

Don’t get so angry and upset man, I was just asking trying to have an actual discussion.
Frank for whatever reason McPawn is choosing to be a jerk about this so no need for you to apologize. If he thinks Dave is a fraud he should just stay off the thread.

The Crystal Ball and Future Cast prediction history is public, so you can check the dates. Both were 100% since late August, when Clarke announced his commitment date of 9/14. The paid boards were calling it a sure thing for awhile. David Sisk, Corey Evans, and Eric Bossi all logged picks for Kentucky before Clarke even set the date, which was a week before DK’s post.

Also, Kersey just posted in this thread that he’s stating his opinions. I give him points for admitting it. So he posted his opinion (written as fact, as usual) that Clarke had committed at a time that literally everyone was already predicting Clarke to UK and an announcement date was already set. Then Clarke later commits to UK and Rupp Rafters posters say “Wow, insider!”

People here need to stay far away from psychics and palm readers.
Let it go....I think you’ve shown enough of your ass already.

Dave can be a respected poster that isn't just trolling like Coach or any number of fly-by losers and it still be fine for people to ask how he knows or what he has been correct on.

That's fair game. There's nothing personal there. It's like if someone asked why Cal is a great coach. You can point to actual successes that prove your point. Saying he's a great coach because your friends say he's a great coach isn't evidence.

Besides, Dave even tells you he's guessing. That isn't exactly an all-knowing inside scoop. It doesn't make sense to vehemently defend a guy's history of sources when he plainly tells you he's posting his opinion.

Is there a bit of trying to have it both ways there? Maybe. But Dave clearly has no malice or agenda. He just likes talking UK hoops. It's not his fault the way others perceive or regard him.

Dave can be a respected poster that isn't just trolling like Coach or any number of fly-by losers and it still be fine for people to ask how he knows or what he has been correct on.

That's fair game. There's nothing personal there. It's like if someone asked why Cal is a great coach. You can point to actual successes that prove your point. Saying he's a great coach because your friends say he's a great coach isn't evidence.

Besides, Dave even tells you he's guessing. That isn't exactly an all-knowing inside scoop. It doesn't make sense to vehemently defend a guy's history of sources when he plainly tells you he's posting his opinion.

Is there a bit of trying to have it both ways there? Maybe. But Dave clearly has no malice or agenda. He just likes talking UK hoops. It's not his fault the way others perceive or regard him.

But Dave actually has legit sources and used to be very much “in the know” years ago.

i agree tho, there is nothing wrong with simply asking

Reactions: GonzoCat90
I haven't been on this board for that long, but I can't recall @DerekMcPwn ever posting anything positive. The guys lives for criticizing people on message boards.

I'm trying to recall when Deron Williams played for Calipari.

davekersey said: I don't think Cal has had a point guard quite like askew but if I had to make a comparison I would say Brandon Knight.
Umm Brandon Knight and Askew are polar opposites... Knight makes Askew look likes hes standing in concrete in every aspect of the game....horrible take.

He is absolutely trying to have it both ways - presenting his claims in the language of facts to generate attention, while later walking them back as opinions to avoid accountability. Somewhere in the middle of that, a special kind of person will lose the thread and think they’ve discovered a wizard.

But like I said in previous posts - it’s a sports forum, not a murder trial, and I’m sure Kersey is a nice guy who just wants to be excited about Kentucky basketball, and wants everyone else to be excited about it too. So I’m finished with my little crusade.

LMAO so in other words askew cannot shoot handle or drive so I guess your comparison would be Saul Smith that would be a polar opposite
Dude Askew is nothing like Brandon Knight. hes more Briscoe if anything (body and speed wise) lol...I dont pay any attention to what you say anyhow. You ain't know nuttin...guess just like the rest of us here

Reactions: ScrooDook92
He is absolutely trying to have it both ways - presenting his claims in the language of facts to generate attention, while later walking them back as opinions to avoid accountability. Somewhere in the middle of that, a special kind of person will lose the thread and think they’ve discovered a wizard.

But like I said in previous posts - it’s a sports forum, not a murder trial, and I’m sure Kersey is a nice guy who just wants to be excited about Kentucky basketball, and wants everyone else to be excited about it too. So I’m finished with my little crusade.
It is so laughably off base it is nice you are finished. DK has been on here posting quality info for 15 plus years . No one could honestly call Kersey anything but upfront and honest about anything he shares . If you want to attack a fraud like coach go at it but let's not crucify the true blue insiders on our boards like DK , Graf , and others as it is petty and off base.

Dude Askew is nothing like Brandon Knight. hes more Briscoe if anything (body and speed wise) lol...I dont pay any attention to what you say anyhow. You ain't know nuttin...guess just like the rest of us here
Briscoe couldn't be a worse comparison if you tried IMO . I think the Mannion and D williams comparisons are spot on . There is no one with human eyes who could watch this and go " man is that Briscoe ? " LMAO .

On his visit, something would have to go wrong for us not to land a commitment, maybe not on the visit or immediately afterwards, but nonetheless, soon enough, like late October. Looking real good. Still not sure for what year he will play, but some think he will indeed move it on up. If he doesn't reclassify, Cal will try his best for Cunningham.
Cunningham is not coming to Ky, will end up at Oklahoma St.

You kidding? His track record has been horrible; and he doesn’t have any inside information. He just posts his thoughts like they’re facts. He’s only ever been accurate when he’s parroting the published opinions of real insiders (in this case, see Travis Graf’s podcast and Evan Daniels’ comments). Any time he says something the insiders haven’t said, it should be written off completely.

But if you enjoy positive, unsubstantiated thoughts from an unconnected source who pays no price for being wrong, then don’t let me stop you.

You must be fun at parties......

I am going to say something here that I've never put on a public forum before but some of the old-timers will remember this. back in the tubby Smith era I was posting quite a bit on this forum and others and also attending many of the high school basketball against during the year. Well I wrote on this forum about sitting next to an aunt of Will Barton. Somehow a reporter from The Washington Post printed my name in conjunction with exposing fan bases of college programs influencing families of high-flying recruits. It was then that both coach Smith and Sandy Bell asked me to refrain from making posts on a public forum and so I Disappeared for quite a while. Some of the newer folks in here don't realize how scrutinized we can become when we mention names contacts or other folks and that is why I do not mention guys like Phil in Florida or Bruce in North Carolina or Kevin in Kansas because that's not their real names yet those persons do exist by another name salt. So I really could care less if people want to hear me say a source you know get involved you do what I did and see how much trouble you can get into

Back to talking about Askew, it really helps us that Scruggs committed to UL. UL was the biggest hurdle to overcome. Doesn't totally close the door for UL's chances with Askew, but seems to me the door is creaking to a close. And lmao, there are STILL people who think it was me who said done deal on Blackshear. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. Try it.

Why are people trying to bust Dave's balls? If he has sources or not, doesn't matter. Some people can put 2 and 2 together and call what's going to happen, not hard. Carry on Mr. Kersey!!

Reactions: ScrooDook92
I don't get some of you guys. Dave Kersey clearly knows stuff and has proven that over a long time. To me it says a whole lot more about the detractors that you feel the need to reduce Dave to "just guessing like the rest of us." You are factually incorrect. Dave has told this board when he has followed stuff less closely, and when he was merely stating an opinion. However other times he has shared things that are clearly related to a source and has a good track record in that regard. If you can't accept that why not just put him on the ignore list and move on? I appreciate any legit info I get and and have a pretty good eye for who brings it. Dave is one of those people.

Last edited:
I am going to say something here that I've never put on a public forum before but some of the old-timers will remember this. back in the tubby Smith era I was posting quite a bit on this forum and others and also attending many of the high school basketball against during the year. Well I wrote on this forum about sitting next to an aunt of Will Barton. Somehow a reporter from The Washington Post printed my name in conjunction with exposing fan bases of college programs influencing families of high-flying recruits. It was then that both coach Smith and Sandy Bell asked me to refrain from making posts on a public forum and so I Disappeared for quite a while. Some of the newer folks in here don't realize how scrutinized we can become when we mention names contacts or other folks and that is why I do not mention guys like Phil in Florida or Bruce in North Carolina or Kevin in Kansas because that's not their real names yet those persons do exist by another name salt. So I really could care less if people want to hear me say a source you know get involved you do what I did and see how much trouble you can get into

Wasn't Barton a Memphis guy right after Cal left to come here? That is a blast from the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT