ADVERTISEMENT

Something would have to go wrong....(Askew)

davekersey

Junior
Oct 10, 2007
Naples, Florida
On his visit, something would have to go wrong for us not to land a commitment, maybe not on the visit or immediately afterwards, but nonetheless, soon enough, like late October. Looking real good. Still not sure for what year he will play, but some think he will indeed move it on up. If he doesn't reclassify, Cal will try his best for Cunningham.

On his visit, something would have to go wrong for us not to land a commitment, maybe not on the visit or immediately afterwards, but nonetheless, soon enough, like late October. Looking real good. Still not sure for what year he will play, but some think he will indeed move it on up. If he doesn't reclassify, Cal will try his best for Cunningham.
Either way it's a win-win imo. Thanks for the info DK.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Do we have a legitimate shot at Cunningham? Hearing anything regarding him?

Great to hear!

From his videos the kid appears to be an assassin. A RIP your heart out kind of competitor on the court.

Love his vision and how he uses the whole court. How he can get his shot off at anytime.

Cant even imagine he and Clarke and Boston playing together.. Blows my mind

This kid has an intensity to his entire game. He is aggressive on offense and defense. There is no quit in him plus he shoots the ball well.

I think I speak for everyone Dave, when I say you’re out favorite poster

With Dave who has been here a long time and proven himself it is not necessary to know how he got the information but just that he shared it! Thanks Dave! Certainly sounds encouraging!!

He’s definitely trustworthy but simply asking or inquiring isn’t such a bad thing imo.

Great track record, I take the man at his word!

You kidding? His track record has been horrible; and he doesn’t have any inside information. He just posts his thoughts like they’re facts. He’s only ever been accurate when he’s parroting the published opinions of real insiders (in this case, see Travis Graf’s podcast and Evan Daniels’ comments). Any time he says something the insiders haven’t said, it should be written off completely.

But if you enjoy positive, unsubstantiated thoughts from an unconnected source who pays no price for being wrong, then don’t let me stop you.

You kidding? His track record has been horrible; and he doesn’t have any inside information. He just posts his thoughts like they’re facts. He’s only ever been accurate when he’s parroting the published opinions of real insiders (in this case, see Travis Graf’s podcast and Evan Daniels’ comments). Any time he says something the insiders haven’t said, it should be written off completely.

But if you enjoy positive, unsubstantiated thoughts from an unconnected source who pays no price for being wrong, then don’t let me stop you.

1.His track record has been horrible? Incorrect.
2.He doesn't have any inside info? He never said he did.
3. The rest is just as wrong as 1 and 2 .

Wow man. You seem like a decent poster but you're way off on Dave.

Not saying he does or does not have inside info. But would like a little more in depth reasoning behind what he is posting. Not "name the source" stuff, nobody will out a source if it is suppose to be confidential. Well, not if they want to continue to receive said info. But just state if it is based on opinion, or came from someone who is "in the know" that told him posted info. I mean stating we have a under 30% chance for CC, OK, how did you come to that %. Is it based on opinion or info from Cade's circle, UK, or what.

I mean stating " I don't know, but expect it" Sure sounds like a opinion the way I read it. Now if it is based on info he has received, it is OK to state that and not give up a source you got it from. I think that is what some of the people are doubting DK for.

OK, if he has no inside info, then it is just a guess. To me, I would not come on a message board and post something as "matter of fact", if I did not have any source to back it. If you do, it is better to tell people "this is all based on opinion." Myself, I do not have any sources, so I do not post anything as if it is gospel. IMO and Someone told me is a totally different way of posting info.

Reactions: Clear153

Normally, I don’t waste posts calling people out or starting fights. But I’m just tired of seeing the board get taken for a ride by fake insiders (remember “Coach?” what a joke that all was). People around here don’t take it too hard when we miss on a recruit, but they go ballistic when it’s a letdown because they were led to believe the recruitment was a done deal. Just want to see less of that.

I am thinking this will be our Fall class:

G Askew
G Clarke
G Boston
F Fletcher
F Ware
F Jackson

Then Cal will see what we need in the Spring.

I expect we get Quickley, Allen, and one of Brooks or Juzang back. There's a slight chance Richards would return. Cal will probably sign another big man. Hopefully Todd or Brown. Maybe a grad transfer if we strike out on both. Cal will probably add Traynor as well, though he probably doesn't play the first year. Kid has to add some muscle to be a D-1 athlete.

G Quickley/Askew
G Clarke/Allen
G/F Boston/Fletcher
F Brooks (or Juzang)/Ware/Traynor
F Todd (or Brown or Richards or grad transfer)/Jackson

Normally, I don’t waste posts calling people out or starting fights. But I’m just tired of seeing the board get taken for a ride by fake insiders (remember “Coach?” what a joke that all was). People around here don’t take it too hard when we miss on a recruit, but they go ballistic when it’s a letdown because they were led to believe the recruitment was a done deal. Just want to see less of that.
I think your ire is directed at the wrong guy, this time. Has he been wrong? Sure. They all have. And stuff does change with these kids. But I think he does get be some real info, at times. Like Clarke. He called that weeks beforehand, when no one was even talking about Clarke and Uk. He told everyone that Clarke was the pick, not Green. That was at the height of the Green/Christopher gossip, too.

I appreciate the info and I hope it comes true. I also hope we land Cunningham for 2020 and Askew for 2021.

Also, I like our chances at less than 30% since UNC probably has the same odds right now. Three weeks ago, none of us gave UK a viable shot the kid, so it looks like a decent upward trend, if true.

Retitle this Dave, it sounds like a worry post like something just had to go wrong lol.

I don’t know Dave personally, but he has been around the boards for at least 20 years that I know of. And he was VERY connected back in the Tubby days. He actually did some scouting for Kentucky back then. He discovered Gerald Fitch when he wasn’t even listed by any scouting service. Dave isn’t in the game anymore but I’m sure he still has contacts that feed him stuff. Fake insiders come and go so I can understand being skeptical, but Dave is not like coach was.

Great news. Just have to ask how do you know this ?
Always with this crap. DK giving his info here for free. If you want to know sources house of blue or some other pay site may be best for you.

Seriously though. DK is one of the first insiders I can remember around here. He has always been one of the easiest insiders to get along with.

Dave is not fake. He has been around for a long time. Take a little time to get to know him. Have a Shasta with him. DK is good people. He is always passing a long what he hears good or bad, and is always the first to tell you if what he hears changes. But DK is in no way a troll like coach. He is a true fan. Crap ask those who have been around this board a while. They will back him up.

Last edited:
Hey folks, when you read something I post, know that I am guessing. I don't know anyone who doesn't. Yes, I have a few sources, but guess what, they are guessing. So when you read my post, just say "he is guessing" and you will be correct. Recruiting is a guessing game. No one escapes that.
It's understood. Dont worry about the knuckleheads. Nothing can please those types.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Great news. Just have to ask how do you know this ?
25.jpg

Sorry but I’ve been reading Dave’s insights for a dozen years and I have to say, this is about as far off the mark as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT