ADVERTISEMENT

Something would have to go wrong....(Askew)

Back to talking about Askew, it really helps us that Scruggs committed to UL. UL was the biggest hurdle to overcome. Doesn't totally close the door for UL's chances with Askew, but seems to me the door is creaking to a close. And lmao, there are STILL people who think it was me who said done deal on Blackshear. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. Try it.

What’s the story on Askew, what kind of player is he?
I don't think Cal has had a point guard quite like askew but if I had to make a comparison I would say Brandon Knight. a terrific shooter I don't know his 3-point stats but I'm guessing 40%. he sees the floor well and can see a play developing and distribute on the money. very smart player with a high basketball IQ.

Quote me where I was rude ... I’ll wait

Second not asking for phone numbers or emails lol

Honest Question cause I was curious. Friend runs an aau? Knows a coach ? Knows the recruits ? Jerry Meyer is his 2nd cousin and so on. You get the picture. Reason asking is I’ve read exactly same thing on other sites. So was he just vomiting others info or does he know more.

Jesus Christ can’t even ask good faith questions anymore without being assaulted. It’s obvious no one is going to tell me so I’ll move on. Cause that’s exactly how interested I am right now.

Read the thread man, he’s been on sites for years. He used to be a scout and has friends still in it. He hears what he hears and he shares his opinion about people. He’s been good for a long time.

Back to talking about Askew, it really helps us that Scruggs committed to UL. UL was the biggest hurdle to overcome. Doesn't totally close the door for UL's chances with Askew, but seems to me the door is creaking to a close. And lmao, there are STILL people who think it was me who said done deal on Blackshear. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing. Try it.

Is Scrubb planning on playing point guard at Louisville? Isn't he a wing? How would his commitment help us with a point guard like Askew?

Reactions: kl40504
You kidding? His track record has been horrible; and he doesn’t have any inside information. He just posts his thoughts like they’re facts. He’s only ever been accurate when he’s parroting the published opinions of real insiders (in this case, see Travis Graf’s podcast and Evan Daniels’ comments). Any time he says something the insiders haven’t said, it should be written off completely.

But if you enjoy positive, unsubstantiated thoughts from an unconnected source who pays no price for being wrong, then don’t let me stop you.

I thought he called Clark? Or am I not remembering correctly?

Then pose your question like that in that way. Your question read as you questioning him. Anytime one of these guys (DK among others) they get blasted. My bad for reading into wrong.

But if you are still fuming. Man that hilarious. Take a chill pill.
So mad took an ambien and washed down with jack

Read the thread man, he’s been on sites for years. He used to be a scout and has friends still in it. He hears what he hears and he shares his opinion about people. He’s been good for a long time.
THANK YOU

Finally someone gave an explanation. Great he was a scout. Still knows friends who are. So easy to do and I get blasted cause I asked a simple question in good faith. Mystery solved. Again thank you

Always with this crap. DK giving his info here for free. If you want to know sources house of blue or some other pay site may be best for you.

Seriously though. DK is one of the first insiders I can remember around here. He has always been one of the easiest insiders to get along with.

HOB can be great and they have some wonderful posters but they’ve been way way off before (Blackshear, McDaniels... )

Asking like that bud and nobody will. Just pure and simple. DK passing along info from his sources. If he gave names he wouldn’t have many sources left. Kinda how that works.

He was actually civil and respectful when he asked (unlike some others)

Simply asking for validity or how he gets the info isn’t a bad thing if someone has no idea who the hell DK is (people who haven’t been around the boards a long time)

Crystal Ball was already at 100% to Kentucky, and real insiders had been calling it for a week. Not sure that counts as “call[ing]” it. But whatever. People need something to believe in, I guess.

I think you’re thinking of Juzang and runt?

pretty sure UK didn’t have 100% of the crystal ball for Clarke when he made the thread that he was ours.

Don’t get so angry and upset man, I was just asking trying to have an actual discussion.

Hey folks, when you read something I post, know that I am guessing. I don't know anyone who doesn't. Yes, I have a few sources, but guess what, they are guessing. So when you read my post, just say "he is guessing" and you will be correct. Recruiting is a guessing game. No one escapes that.

That's what I appreciate most about your posting, honesty. Whoever Derek is, seems like he doesn't remember much history of this board as you have been around a long time and have always shown integrity in what you have to say. Seems like I remember you having more connections but then saying you were retiring and not having the same connections any longer. Correct me if I'm way off.

I think you’re thinking of Juzang and runt?

pretty sure UK didn’t have 100% of the crystal ball for Clarke when he made the thread that he was ours.

Don’t get so angry and upset man, I was just asking trying to have an actual discussion.

Where did you get that I was angry or upset? (Serious question).

Go back and check. Clarke had been on a UK trend since late August, and was all UK by the time DK made his “it’s been done for awhile” post. And of course the paid boards had been calling it for weeks.

I don’t know Dave personally, but he has been around the boards for at least 20 years that I know of. And he was VERY connected back in the Tubby days. He actually did some scouting for Kentucky back then. He discovered Gerald Fitch when he wasn’t even listed by any scouting service. Dave isn’t in the game anymore but I’m sure he still has contacts that feed him stuff. Fake insiders come and go so I can understand being skeptical, but Dave is not like coach was.

OR, you can come in like a house of fire using the scorched earth method of posting like you are the Lou Ferrigno of the message board. I laugh when I see that type post(er). Sure would like to see some posters talk to some face to face. It sure would be different than the internet strength that some seem to type with. Got the incredible Hulk junk going on...real sad. You don't have to be that way. Strong fingertips don't equate to much...

I don't think Cal has had a point guard quite like askew but if I had to make a comparison I would say Brandon Knight. a terrific shooter I don't know his 3-point stats but I'm guessing 40%. he sees the floor well and can see a play developing and distribute on the money. very smart player with a high basketball IQ.

Nothing like Brandon Knight. He's been compared to Deron Williams.

Reactions: jace2012
What could go wrong? Has anything ever gone wrong before?

Last edited:
Normally, I don’t waste posts calling people out or starting fights. But I’m just tired of seeing the board get taken for a ride by fake insiders (remember “Coach?” what a joke that all was). People around here don’t take it too hard when we miss on a recruit, but they go ballistic when it’s a letdown because they were led to believe the recruitment was a done deal. Just want to see less of that.
You have to be clueless to not know DK is one THE true insiders UK message boards have ever had. Just a silly post all around . This isn't some guy who has 1 message on the board and 0 likes DK has been around long before you and will be around long after . Hell I have been on here since 2001 and I suspect he was around before me posting .

I, for one want to Thank You, Dave for you’re insight. I listened to a recruiting podcast last week that had two guy’s that are involved. One said Askew was a lock for UL and the other was adamant that he is UK’s to lose. Seem’s to me that with “most” recruit’s nobody is sure where they end up. I know you’ve been around a long time and it make’s me feel better about us getting him after reading your information. I think it safe to say that your “educated” guesses are better than Joe Fan.

I agree. I’m fed up with the way good people get ridiculed on here. If you can’t tell the difference between Dave Kersey and Coach I don’t know what to tell you!
Derek has issues. He loves attacking Dave. It’s a passion with him. Dave may not be as plugged in as he was but he still has the ability to pick up the phone.

Keep posting Dave and ignore his post. Most of us love hearing from you.

I’ve been on this board since 2003. DK was well known and an insider on this board way back then. Actually been on the board before that Dave has 20 years on message boards not just this one. He may be the only insider who has had the respect of every board. I mean every board current and past. Not one person with any credibility bashes Dave. The ones who did are long gone and here he still is. A former scout and Shasta addict. Left this board before because of getting tired of the way information got attacked during Tubbys last years so he left here and posted elsewhere. This board is lucky he recently decided to start posting again and I’m glad he is keeping a thick skin and please know that we who were there with u at the dawn of the UK message boards greatly appreciate you and any info u provide. Dave is also a published writer and over all just super nice guy! Thanks @davekersey you sir are the man!

Andrew Harrison with a jumper or Deron Williams like someone said. Very high on this kids competitiveness and all around game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT