ADVERTISEMENT

Something would have to go wrong....(Askew)

Always with this crap. DK giving his info here for free. If you want to know sources house of blue or some other pay site may be best for you.

Seriously though. DK is one of the first insiders I can remember around here. He has always been one of the easiest insiders to get along with.
Listen bud
Didn’t say he was fake or anything negative

Curious to know how he’s involved. It’s a fair question not intended to be rude. You however are. So grab a chair and relax. Again just Curious to know how he knows these things. Still no one has told me.

Listen bud
Didn’t say he was fake or anything negative

Curious to know how he’s involved. It’s a fair question not intended to be rude. You however are. So grab a chair and relax. Again just Curious to know how he knows these things. Still no one has told me.
Asking like that bud and nobody will. Just pure and simple. DK passing along info from his sources. If he gave names he wouldn’t have many sources left. Kinda how that works.

Reactions: Newcattitudes
You kidding? His track record has been horrible; and he doesn’t have any inside information. He just posts his thoughts like they’re facts. He’s only ever been accurate when he’s parroting the published opinions of real insiders (in this case, see Travis Graf’s podcast and Evan Daniels’ comments). Any time he says something the insiders haven’t said, it should be written off completely.

But if you enjoy positive, unsubstantiated thoughts from an unconnected source who pays no price for being wrong, then don’t let me stop you.

I believe Dave Kersey. He’s been around a long time. I’ll take your advice though and not let you stop me from treating him with respect.

On his visit, something would have to go wrong for us not to land a commitment, maybe not on the visit or immediately afterwards, but nonetheless, soon enough, like late October. Looking real good. Still not sure for what year he will play, but some think he will indeed move it on up. If he doesn't reclassify, Cal will try his best for Cunningham.
Not sure what you are saying.

Not a big fan of relying so heavily on reclass players. Also idk of these guys can actually sign in November. It would be nice to land a top 5 player in the 2020 class.

Recruiting is a guessing game. No one escapes that.
Exactly right. It’s why I don’t pay much attention to recruiting, don’t understand those who really get invested in it, don’t understand it when folks make predictions, don’t understand why some folks get so angry at a wrong guess. We’re talking about 18 year old boys. You could be the best friend of a recruits father, have the most accurate inside information conceivable. Heck, you could know the recruit himself. Everything you posted in this hypothetical is absolutely 100% the truth. And then the kid wakes up one day before signing, and picks a different school. Doesn’t mean you were guessing, just means a teenager changed his mind. Happens all the time. I don’t get that people don’t get this....

Reactions: SC_INCAT
Another thing. Please tell me the last time I guessed wrongly. I honestly can't remember.
You would be correct sir....
th

Normally, I don’t waste posts calling people out or starting fights. But I’m just tired of seeing the board get taken for a ride by fake insiders (remember “Coach?” what a joke that all was). People around here don’t take it too hard when we miss on a recruit, but they go ballistic when it’s a letdown because they were led to believe the recruitment was a done deal. Just want to see less of that.
Done deal

UK takes on two possible reclassed guys in Askew/Hardy instead of Green/Christopher?

The timelines seem to correspond in regards to when UK met with Askew/Hardy and when they started dropping Green and JC.

Interesting development if it goes our way. I wonder if Hardy would want to reclass and share time with Boston/Clarke on the wing? Hardy is seen as a combo, so if we lose all our guards, he and Askew could compete for time at the 1 and Hardy would also provide depth at the 2.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Always with this crap. DK giving his info here for free. If you want to know sources house of blue or some other pay site may be best for you.

Seriously though. DK is one of the first insiders I can remember around here. He has always been one of the easiest insiders to get along with.
It isn't info, it's guesses. He said so himself.

Asking like that bud and nobody will. Just pure and simple. DK passing along info from his sources. If he gave names he wouldn’t have many sources left. Kinda how that works.
Quote me where I was rude ... I’ll wait

Second not asking for phone numbers or emails lol

Honest Question cause I was curious. Friend runs an aau? Knows a coach ? Knows the recruits ? Jerry Meyer is his 2nd cousin and so on. You get the picture. Reason asking is I’ve read exactly same thing on other sites. So was he just vomiting others info or does he know more.

Jesus Christ can’t even ask good faith questions anymore without being assaulted. It’s obvious no one is going to tell me so I’ll move on. Cause that’s exactly how interested I am right now.

yes we do have a shot at Cunningham but I would put it at under 30%
@davekersey With Love expected to commit to UNC next week do you think that eliminates them? I was thinking they would be out with Todd too with landing 6ft11-7ft Kessler and 6ft9 Sharpe. If so you're thinking 70% OKST, 30% UK? Since UNC was perceived to be our biggest competition on Cade (Except the whole OKST deal) and Todd. As far as Cade goes?

Last edited:
This constant ridicule is why the other insiders don't post anymore.
Years ago there were numerous folks that gave us recruiting tips.....but due to the constant criticism stopped

If you don't like the recruiting posts.....don't read them

On his visit, something would have to go wrong for us not to land a commitment, maybe not on the visit or immediately afterwards, but nonetheless, soon enough, like late October. Looking real good. Still not sure for what year he will play, but some think he will indeed move it on up. If he doesn't reclassify, Cal will try his best for Cunningham.
Wow. Surely we wouldn't get our hopes up and have another Blackshear.

Years ago there were numerous folks that gave us recruiting tips.....but due to the constant criticism stopped

Feeling a little butt hurt are we?

Nope just tired of the he said she said debate. I like the tips & guesses not butt head remarks like yours

Last edited:
I think your ire is directed at the wrong guy, this time. Has he been wrong? Sure. They all have. And stuff does change with these kids. But I think he does get be some real info, at times. Like Clarke. He called that weeks beforehand, when no one was even talking about Clarke and Uk. He told everyone that Clarke was the pick, not Green. That was at the height of the Green/Christopher gossip, too.
Damnit bill switch back to your self portrait.

Reactions: Bill Withers
You kidding? His track record has been horrible; and he doesn’t have any inside information. He just posts his thoughts like they’re facts. He’s only ever been accurate when he’s parroting the published opinions of real insiders (in this case, see Travis Graf’s podcast and Evan Daniels’ comments). Any time he says something the insiders haven’t said, it should be written off completely.

But if you enjoy positive, unsubstantiated thoughts from an unconnected source who pays no price for being wrong, then don’t let me stop you.
I won't, sounds like you've got it all figured out and a little upset about something he's said, go for it.

yes we do have a shot at Cunningham but I would put it at under 30%
Why? Just don’t understand why he wouldn’t want to play with Boston and Clark. Maybe he wants to be the center of attention. He could get that at UK but would have to share it with 2 other guys. If you’re that good it really doesn’t matter who else is on the team. Look at AD he wasn’t the highest scorer but anyone watching him knew he was the man.

Honest Question cause I was curious. Friend runs an aau? Knows a coach ? Knows the recruits ? Jerry Meyer is his 2nd cousin and so on. You get the picture. Reason asking is I’ve read exactly same thing on other sites. So was he just vomiting others info or does he know more.

Jesus Christ can’t even ask good faith questions anymore without being assaulted. It’s obvious no one is going to tell me so I’ll move on. Cause that’s exactly how interested I am right now.
Hey bro. Nothing at all wrong with your question. But, and this is just some friendly advice, you’re definitely going to have a little thicker skin here. It was only a couple people who you don’t even know. . You can’t be worried about everything on here though or you’ll stay mad at the world. Anyway, have a good day.

Reactions: CatPatrick13

I think you’ve finally taken over as the biggest asshole on our board, . You are always so negative. I haven’t seen one post from you that isn’t attacking someone. Dave just passes alone what he hears. Every thread he starts your always front and center putting him down. Get a life. You seem to be a very miserable human being.

Reactions: DeerTurkHunter1
Hey folks, when you read something I post, know that I am guessing. I don't know anyone who doesn't. Yes, I have a few sources, but guess what, they are guessing. So when you read my post, just say "he is guessing" and you will be correct. Recruiting is a guessing game. No one escapes that.
Dave 99% of the board loves your post. Nothing is ever perfect or a given most of us understand that. We just have a few assholes that have to bitch about something and love attacking those that post what they hear. Derek is one of the biggest A-Holes on the board. Guy or Girl is always attacking someone. Water off a ducks back and keep on posting. You can’t fix stupid and most just ignore his attacks.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I think you’ve finally taken over as the biggest asshole on our board, . You are always so negative. I haven’t seen one post from you that isn’t attacking someone. Dave just passes alone what he hears. Every thread he starts your always front and center putting him down. Get a life. You seem to be a very miserable human being.

[laughing] 3K posts to choose from - you must not be looking very hard. But I’ll wear the title with pride.

I think it's common knowledge that Askew if favoring the Cats over UL ..Things changed over the past couple weeks...If his visit goes well the consensus is he'll be a Cat..Cade is the big prize here..I'd hate to lose him to UNCheat....It's for Cal to figure out who wants to play together

Hey bro. Nothing at all wrong with your question. But, and this is just some friendly advice, you’re definitely going to have a little thicker skin here. It was only a couple people who you don’t even know. . You can’t be worried about everything on here though or you’ll stay mad at the world. Anyway, have a good day.
I’m still fuming lol

Wow

This is pretty much what Kersey does. I’m sure he’s a nice guy, and who knows, he may have been connected back in the day. Everybody here seems to think so. But his current playbook is the same as every other fake insider: 1) wait until the real insiders post information about X; 2) create a thread on Rupp Rafters stating that he has reason to believe X.

In Kersey’s defense, he does all of this under what I’m assuming is his real name, and he generally qualifies his clickbait after the fact. But the result every time is overexciting our more gullible members.

Ah well. It’s a sports forum, not a murder trial.

Reactions: BigBlueAlphaDog
It does tend to get one's hopes up when someone with his credentials says done deal.
Well he's not saying done deal here on Askew only that something would have to go really wrong for him not to end up here, could happen. I like what I'm hearing, not just from on this post from other places as well, sounds promising.

This is pretty much what Kersey does. I’m sure he’s a nice guy, and who knows, he may have been connected back in the day. Everybody here seems to think so. But his current playbook is the same as every other fake insider: 1) wait until the real insiders post information about X; 2) create a thread on Rupp Rafters stating that he has reason to believe X.

In Kersey’s defense, he does all of this under what I’m assuming is his real name, and he generally qualifies his clickbait after the fact. But the result every time is overexciting our more gullible members.

Ah well. It’s a sports forum, not a murder trial.

Well I’m sorta new here so when I read others saying he’s great and a decade of being an insider I was curious. So I asked. Then I was harassed for even posing such a question. Which leads me to believe don’t ask don’t tell ? Who knows. I take what ever people say with a grain of salt anyways. Half the time I think that’s what jerry Meyer does.

Regardless I love the kid. He’s a lights out shooter who can distribute. Sign him up please

I agree. I’m fed up with the way good people get ridiculed on here. If you can’t tell the difference between Dave Kersey and Coach I don’t know what to tell you!

I think it's common knowledge that Askew if favoring the Cats over UL ..Things changed over the past couple weeks...If his visit goes well the consensus is he'll be a Cat..Cade is the big prize here..I'd hate to lose him to UNCheat....It's for Cal to figure out who wants to play together
With UNC about to land Love next week I can't see them being an option for Cade now. I would have to think it's us and OKST. Would be nice for OKST to get a postseason band here soon.

Then pose your question like that in that way. Your question read as you questioning him. Anytime one of these guys (DK among others) they get blasted. My bad for reading into wrong.

But if you are still fuming. Man that hilarious. Take a chill pill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT