ADVERTISEMENT

Someone refresh my memory on Herro/Langford

rockout1

Sophomore
Oct 21, 2012
Did Tyler commit here before Langford committed to Indiana? Regardless I'm glad we ended up with Tyler as our SG instead of Langford. Langford doesn't play hard and the issues that Cal had with him and his dad during the U19 team was a sign of things to come...I think IU is seeing that now.

Did Tyler commit here before Langford committed to Indiana? Regardless I'm glad we ended up with Tyler as our SG instead of Langford. Langford doesn't play hard and the issues that Cal had with him and his dad during the U19 team was a sign of things to come...I think IU is seeing that now.

Yeah, I believe we got Herro after Cal quit recruiting Langford. Not sure who committed first but Cal quit recruiting Langford- that's a fact.

I read somewhere yesterday that Herro was 100% Joel Justus...whether that is true or not, I have no clue.

Last edited:
Yes he did before Romeo. He was committed and we thought his relationship with Zion would bring Zion here.

Louisville had just hired Mack when Romeo decided on IU.

Reactions: floopy and Fox2monk
Some people just make stuff up. You put Langford on this team and we become next level. Like it or not, Langford is much better than Herro.

I'd choose Herro everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. His shot isn't falling yet, but EVERYTHING he does on the court screams effort and hustle. Langford looks like he wants nothing to do with being there if he isn't the one getting all the shots/points and looks pouty. Could just be his face. But Herro can have 3 points but be happy as hell just to be on the court trying to lock down a defender or flying into the paint with the bigs to get a rebound, or diving on the floor for a loose ball and giving the biggest smile when his teammates do well. Herro is the tits.

Some people just make stuff up. You put Langford on this team and we become next level. Like it or not, Langford is much better than Herro.
You are so far from the truth. Herro is the better basketball player. Romeo pouts, plays horrible defense , no effort or fire in him , terrible shot selection . There’s a reason the big boys aka duke and Kentucky backed away. He’s not coachable. I take herro 10/10 times over Romeo .

Quickly is the one who had the relationship with Zion . Not herro
Not relationship as in friends...but Zion spoke highly about Herro all through the process. We thought it would be a good selling point for a shooter he would like to stretch the floor while he ate inside.

Herro is hitting a nice 33 percent of his 3s. Meanwhile Romeo checks in at a horrible 23 percent.

33% is serviceable, but he's capable and should be hitting 40%. His form is too good. He rarely has a bad miss, and they usually are RIGHT there. Not sure what he needs to get over that hump but he's got the tools to be one of the best in the country.

BULL.… I will take Herro over Langford any day. Herro is a much better player than Langford ever thought about being.

Reactions: awf
You are so far from the truth. Herro is the better basketball player. Romeo pouts, plays horrible defense , no effort or fire in him , terrible shot selection . There’s a reason the big boys aka duke and Kentucky backed away. He’s not coachable. I take herro 10/10 times over Romeo .

This!!!!

Big difference between talking about one's abilities & potentials versus their performance. Herro is hands down the better, more complete basketball player right now. Langford has a higher ceiling, but as seen so often with guys like him at this stage....they just rarely finally get it, push forward & come close to their potential.

I honestly have to question this boards ability to objectively look evaluate talent. If anyone thinks Herro is the better player, you have no basketball sense.

Since the NBA seems to be the finite measure by the majority why do we have a thread that is so excited that Herro finally made a mock draft for this year while Langford has never been outside the lottery?

Hard to judge an 18 year old playing for a dumpster fire program that he was forced to go to before the check cleared.

I don't know much about Langford, but is it possible his attitude has something to do with the poor culture surrounding that IU program?
It seems to me like Archie has lost that team. I know injuries are a major problem for IU, but it seems like the entire team has quit.
Who knows, maybe Langford is the one creating the toxic environment.
I think he would be a different player here at UK with this coaching staff and the environment.
Just a thought.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I haven't watched one second of IU......does Langford bring all the intangibles to the table that Herro does........Herro affects the game in a lot of areas......it isn't like they can sag off of him when he isn't hitting the 3........I have been a big fan of Herro since first watching him play.....I had hoped that Langford would choose UK but he didn't so.....end of my interest in him.....

I don't know much about Langford, but is it possible his attitude has something to do with the poor culture surrounding that IU program?
It seems to me like Archie has lost that team. I know injuries are a major problem for IU, but it seems like the entire team has quit.
Who knows, maybe Langford is the one creating the toxic environment.
I think he would be a different player here at UK with this coaching staff and the environment.
Just a thought.
Very possible. It is being understanding how so many know what is going on with a player we have no connection with. He may be a jerk. He may be a choir boy. Who knows.

I honestly have to question this boards ability to objectively look evaluate talent. If anyone thinks Herro is the better player, you have no basketball sense.

Since the NBA seems to be the finite measure by the majority why do we have a thread that is so excited that Herro finally made a mock draft for this year while Langford has never been outside the lottery?
I didn't say who is the better NBA prospect (nobody will know that until a few years in the league). You said Langford is better, as in a better player. That is what everyone disagrees with you about. Herro is shooting 10% better from 3 point, 20% better from the FT line, has a higher average in steals and assist per game. I think it's your ability to judge talent that is suspect here.

I haven't watched one second of IU......does Langford bring all the intangibles to the table that Herro does........Herro affects the game in a lot of areas......it isn't like they can sag off of him when he isn't hitting the 3........I have been a big fan of Herro since first watching him play.....I had hoped that Langford would choose UK but he didn't so.....end of my interest in him.....
Exactly. He is not here so no big deal.

I was the biggest Barkley fan growing up, but I still knew Jordan was better.

Pure ability.
If you cannot tell the difference in their skill set, you are too blue blinded.

Yeah Our Cats need more dudes that can leap but cant throw it in the ocean .. and IDGAF about what they do in the NBA , its a different league and different brand of basketball . I care ONLY about the Cats . Dont care who it ticks off . Wanting some guy from the Hoosiers while our own are kicking ass is crappy .

Please know that the NBA draft is based mostly on ability, ceiling....not necessarily performance. Hence, why we've had some 1st rounders that surprised us based upon performance. NBA may draft you & if you don't workout or meet potential they'll pee on you.

We're talking college basketball & that Herro is clearly the better player right now. You're focusing on HS rankings & NBA potential. If you're saying that Langford is a better basketball player right now than Herro then you clearly are a kid that is not experienced enough in basketball to offer an educated opinion. If you're saying that Langford is the better "prospect" then most of us would agree. But you need to note the 2 things are totally different.

I didn't say who is the better NBA prospect (nobody will know that until a few years in the league). You said Langford is better, as in a better player. That is what everyone disagrees with you about. Herro is shooting 10% better from 3 point, 20% better from the FT line, has a higher average in steals and assist per game. I think it's your ability to judge talent that is suspect here.
You don’t know what you are talking about. Numbers only tell part of the story.

You don’t know what you are talking about. Numbers only tell part of the story.
Well numbers don't lie and add to that UK is 17-3, 6-1 in conf. play and on a 7 game win streak. IU is 12-9, 3-7 in conf. play and on a 7 game loosing streak. UK likely going to be a 2 seed in the NCAA tourney and IU likely to be a 6 seed in the NIT tourney. I know "in your mind" numbers only tell part of the story. I've given you facts for my argument, you on the other hand have provided only your opinion. Dude you have been owned on this thread...just go away quietly.

Reactions: JC CATS and awf

Plus he's the man on that team.....he shoots when he wants.....Herro is playing on a much more balanced team....

Yeah Our Cats need more dudes that can leap but cant throw it in the ocean .. and IDGAF about what they do in the NBA , . I care ONLY about the Cats . Dont care who it ticks off . Wanting some guy from the Hoosiers while our own are kicking ass is crappy .
ManitouDan meet Ass Dwayne..............

Pure ability.

If you cannot tell the difference in their skill set, you are too blue blinded.

One is a crafty basketball player with a high basketball IQ. The other is a selfish diva with a busted jumper who happens to be a somewhat better athlete.

Your take is on par with other legendary shit takes such as “CJ Leslie is better than Terrence Jones” or “John Henson is better than Anthony Davis.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT