ADVERTISEMENT

someone please help me understand.

He does still have bum ankles, and was injured last year, along with this year. I have a feeling the ankles alone, he's not quite 100% to play yet, certainly not against Vandy, as he didn't play almost the entire month of February.

Injury timelines seem to be more and more vague these days. That's kind of how it goes. I don't like the "I haven't seen him line", but that seems to be just coach speak. I think, personally, the whole Senior Night thing really is meaningless. He wasn't going to play that game anyways.
Exactly. Even if he WAS given the option to have the procedure done at a later date, why would you push it back? Thered be no reason for that as his ankle would have kept him out of the game anyways.

I mean I understand people feeling weird about it being on senior day, but again, if that’s what the procedure was that’s not something that you want to just wait for. Also you can’t always just easily move a procedure like that to the next day. Depends on OR times, physician availability, there’s so many other logistical things that go into it. There’s just no reason for me to believe this is all a conspiracy
Uncle Jack is at the mercy of OR times, physician availability, and procedure schedules when he needs to get his knee replaced. UK athletes are not under the same constraints. Tons of flexibility on when and how they get their procedures done.

He does still have bum ankles, and was injured last year, along with this year. I have a feeling the ankles alone, he's not quite 100% to play yet, certainly not against Vandy, as he didn't play almost the entire month of February.

Injury timelines seem to be more and more vague these days. That's kind of how it goes. I don't like the "I haven't seen him line", but that seems to be just coach speak. I think, personally, the whole Senior Night thing really is meaningless. He wasn't going to play that game anyways.
At this point, and to your point, they can just say it's been so long since he's been able to practice/play he won't be in game shape for the rest of the season. He's not exactly a guy who looked to be in game shape to begin with (but to his credit he has way more gas in the tank than it looks like he should) ... It will be easy to keep him over there on the bench even if they say his injury is healed by now.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Uncle Jack is at the mercy of OR times, physician availability, and procedure schedules when he needs to get his knee replaced. UK athletes are not under the same constraints. Tons of flexibility on when and how they get their procedures done.
But again, there would be no reason to push the procedure back even if he could. He wasn’t going to play in the game anyways, why wait to take care of something that can be excruciatingly painful and have significant complications especially if it’s infected?

Him waiting just to go through senior day festivities while he’s in pain just makes absolutely no sense. I don’t understand why that’s so hard to understand

But again, there would be no reason to push the procedure back even if he could. He wasn’t going to play in the game anyways, why wait to take care of something that can be excruciatingly painful and have significant complications especially if it’s infected?

Him waiting just to go through senior day festivities while he’s in pain just makes absolutely no sense. I don’t understand why that’s so hard to understand
We can agree to disagree. I don't think you're dumb for believing it.

John. Vincent. Calipari.

All the reason I need to not buy anything as fishy as this.
I understand being snakebitten about this stuff after some of the the other things that have happened (especially the Sharpe situation being so recent). But I still feel like people are taking these conspiracy theories way too far in this case

Starts with the man at the top who has created the culture of “me first” and has literally allowed kids to sit on his bench, never play a second, and bolt to the draft. All while lying directly to the fans’ faces.

Having said that, I do think it’s possible they are both actually injured. Maybe we’ll find out one day, probably not.

Last edited:
Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I had wrist surgery under general anesthesia back in November. I was totally fine that evening, walking around just fine.

But like, what is that really worth? Would you have gone to a ceremony and left the house that night? And even if you say "Of course", others would say they wouldn't.

We know Wheeler has a lower body injury, and we know he's got big decisions to make after this season. He's probably doing the things he feels are right to make sure he's healthy next season, which, might mean not rushing back to the court this year and getting work done that needs to get done.

At this point, and to your point, they can just say it's been so long since he's been able to practice/play he won't be in game shape for the rest of the season. He's not exactly a guy who looked to be in game shape to begin with (but to his credit he has way more gas in the tank than it looks like he should) ... It will be easy to keep him over there on the bench even if they say his injury is healed by now.

That's really getting into conspiracy theory though.. Like, maybe it's true.. who knows. But I don't think anyone here should just automatically go to this scenario. It's a little far fetched to me that Cal would orchestrate this with Wheeler for the purpose of having a reason to keep him out, just so he can transfer.

Reactions: jbne222
CJ has played with a dislocated finger and a cracked rib.
Wallace has played with back spasms
Oscar played after his knee surgery
Everyone on the team seems to have sprained an ankle more than once

I don't think you can say our guys refuse to play when hurt.
Notable how much Cal has gone out of his way to praise CJ for gutting it out, might be a way to send a message. Who knows though. I am not all surprised about the theories and frustrations, those things happen when odd things happen over and over and there is a lack of information.

I understand being snakebitten about this stuff after some of the the other things that have happened (especially the Sharpe situation being so recent). But I still feel like people are taking these conspiracy theories way too far in this case
I guess it's just because lately Cal has now given us more evidence to doubt him than trust him. IMO, anyway. I don't believe a word that man says anymore. And I'll double down and say he knows we know he's FOS and he does it to antagonize BBN. A defense mechanism.

Then again.. Wheeler could very well come back. People thought he was done when he lost his starting job, but he still came in as backup for a few weeks before getting injured again.

I guess it's just because lately Cal has now given us more evidence to doubt him than trust him. IMO, anyway. I don't believe a word that man says anymore. And I'll double down and say he knows we know he's FOS and he does it to antagonize BBN. A defense mechanism.
Yeah I don’t disagree with you

But like, what is that really worth? Would you have gone to a ceremony and left the house that night? And even if you say "Of course", others would say they wouldn't.

We know Wheeler has a lower body injury, and we know he's got big decisions to make after this season. He's probably doing the things he feels are right to make sure he's healthy next season, which, might mean not rushing back to the court this year and getting work done that needs to get done.

That's really getting into conspiracy theory though.. Like, maybe it's true.. who knows. But I don't think anyone here should just automatically go to this scenario. It's a little far fetched to me that Cal would orchestrate this with Wheeler for the purpose of having a reason to keep him out, just so he can transfer.
Look, you can believe what you want and I can believe what I want. Either of us could be wrong. I don't think what I'm saying is far fetched, you do. Fine.

Look, you can believe what you want and I can believe what I want. Either of us could be wrong. I don't think what I'm saying is far fetched, you do. Fine.

I think I can say likewise: that you think it's far fetched that this is all on the up and up, and we're making a big deal over nothing.

The funny thing is, I've said many times "Hey that could very well be true" because I'm actually open to anything in this scenario, because I (we) really don't have enough info.

I don't seem to be getting the same thought process from the other side though. I get the feeling that if Wheeler comes back and plays I'm going to hear a lot of "Yeah, but..", or even just a total sweeping under the rug while we move on to the next outrage. It seems some people have made up their mind that Wheeler/Cal did us dirty, and nothing is going to change it.

The funny thing is, I've said many times "Hey that could very well be true" because I'm actually open to anything in this scenario, because I (we) really don't have enough info.

I don't seem to be getting the same thought process from the other side though. I get the feeling that if Wheeler comes back and plays I'm going to hear a lot of "Yeah, but..", or even just a total sweeping under the rug while we move on to the next outrage. It seems some people have made up their mind that Wheeler/Cal did us dirty, and nothing is going to change it.
I mean I feel like that's what I am saying. You think what I am saying is far fetched. I don't. What you're saying isn't necessarily far fetched either, it's just not what I believe to be happening.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Watching the replay of Wallace’s turned ankle injury, it didn’t look as bad as a WHOLE LOT of others I’ve seen players incur. I would be SHOCKED if he didn’t play Friday night.

Reactions: track42 and STL_Cat
Watching the replay of Wallace’s turned ankle injury, it didn’t look as bad as a WHOLE LOT of others I’ve seen players incur. I would be SHOCKED if he didn’t play Friday night.
I would be shocked if he's not able to play, I will not be shocked if he doesn't play. If that makes sense.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
I would be shocked if he's not able to play, I will not be shocked if he doesn't play. If that makes sense.
It MOST DEFINITELY “makes sense” with the way Cal addresses injuries. It is amazing how we are NEVER sure if a player will play after an injury until pre-game warmups of the next game.

Is there ANY other Coach in the country that does it this way????

This thread has a lot of what I'm talking about. Wallace is out, and you have several posters there who think he quit, was suspended(lol), that Cal did this purposely to put Wheeler back in to prove a point..

This is the sort of thing we should be more careful of and try to avoid. I bet not one of these posters, apon learning Wallace would be back in a game or two, said "my bad, I jumped to conclusions and I was wrong"

The conspiracy you've invented is nonsense.
Was his entire family so injured or busy that they couldn't find a single representative to honor the young man for his contributions and efforts to the UK program during Senior Night?

I understand your point but i also feel it's fair to acknowledge that there is more there than meets the eye.

Wheeler hasn't played in weeks....Wallace was a game time decision against Arkansas and now there is likely a chance he doesn't play this week....Why does it appear we have players that don't want to play....someone please help me out....thanks
Confirmation Bias: the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs
One form of confirmation bias is biased interpretation of information. This means that the confirmation bias causes people to interpret information in a way that confirms their beliefs, even if the information could be interpreted in a way that contradicts them.

This thread has a lot of what I'm talking about. Wallace is out, and you have several posters there who think he quit, was suspended(lol), that Cal did this purposely to put Wheeler back in to prove a point..

This is the sort of thing we should be more careful of and try to avoid. I bet not one of these posters, apon learning Wallace would be back in a game or two, said "my bad, I jumped to conclusions and I was wrong"
Fair enough. But you still have those that, even still, defend Cal over the Sharpe fiasco. Again, Cal has brought this kind of reaction by the fans upon himself. We just can't trust anything the man says or does.

Was his entire family so injured or busy that they couldn't find a single representative to honor the young man for his contributions and efforts to the UK program during Senior Night?

I understand your point but i also feel it's fair to acknowledge that there is more there than meets the eye.
That's what didn't make sense to me.Not one family member or close friend to represent him so had to use Ellen?That suggests to me he and close ones aren't happy right now.

Fair enough. But you still have those that, even still, defend Cal over the Sharpe fiasco. Again, Cal has brought this kind of reaction by the fans upon himself. We just can't trust anything the man says or does.

That didn't help, but I also don't buy into the theories that Cal was some mastermind behind Sharpe not playing, and knew about this all along. Instead, he just handled it poorly.

The issue with the thread above is that several of those posters had it set in their mind that Cal/Wallace did something "wrong", and when it turned out they were incorrect, It doesn't seem to have changed their viewpoint at all. It's not that they should make some apology.. but more so that they shouldn't count a fake incident against the player or the coach. And I think that's what's been happening to some folks here.

That didn't help, but I also don't buy into the theories that Cal was some mastermind behind Sharpe not playing, and knew about this all along. Instead, he just handled it poorly.

The issue with the thread above is that several of those posters had it set in their mind that Cal/Wallace did something "wrong", and when it turned out they were incorrect, It doesn't seem to have changed their viewpoint at all. It's not that they should make some apology.. but more so that they shouldn't count a fake incident against the player or the coach. And I think that's what's been happening to some folks here.
I think the Wheeler situation is no at all on the level and stinks to high heaven. ...but I have no clue why some think Walace is anything other than legit hurt/dinged up and resting. I see distinct differences in the two situations.

That's what didn't make sense to me.Not one family member or close friend to represent him so had to use Ellen?That suggests to me he and close ones aren't happy right now.
Indeed it does! I had life threatening, stage 3 cancer and they still let me have a little latitude on when I had the surgery, although the surgeon did push me to do it as soon as possible. I just can't picture a scenario where a kid and his entire family would miss senior night if everything was fine and dandy. If my grandson was being honored at Senior Night, you can be one hundred percent sure that my arse would be on the floor, it they allowed it..or in the stands if they didn't.

A minor procedure is when you have a cyst lanced, or a hangnail cut out or something like that. You think that with all the resources on hand at UK, including one of the finest hospitals in the state on your campus, that some accommodations wouldn't be made for a young man to be part of Senior Night if desperately wanted to be part of it? Complete bullshite.

I think the Wheeler situation is no at all on the level and stinks to high heaven. ...but I have no clue why some think Walace is anything other than legit hurt/dinged up and resting. I see distinct differences in the two situations.

Could be. I think the likely scenario with Wheeler is that he's "somewhat" quitting. I think he's not really healthy enough to play at the moment, and he's making sure he doesn't do any more damage or risk further injury, so he can continue his career elsewhere. But I also think that if he DOES get back to 100% and it's the 2nd round of the tournament, he still could play.

I think he's just making sure he's 100% before he steps on the floor again for Kentucky.

It "appears" that way because you've invented the entire idea out of your own imagination. What is really true is this: Wheeler is injured and then had another procedure that was necessary, and he hasn't been cleared to return. The conspiracy you've invented is nonsense.
I don't disagree with you. But, when you tell the fans absolutely nothing about a player's situation, or you act like you don't know because you "haven't talked to them in weeks", you're leaving the door wide open for wild speculation on the fans\medias part. I don't remember having these issues back when the coaches\program actually spelled things out plainly. But, this is how things are now.

They just aren't as tough as they used to be, I remember Shepards ankle was black and blue in the SEC tournament ad he played. He said there is no way he wouldn't play. Since Cal has been here injuries or any information about them is top secret.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Yeah if Wallace doesn't play this weekend that will certainly be a mystery how he could have been a gametime decision on Saturday. It certainly does seem that our fanbase is left in the dark way more than others when it comes to injuries. I don't think it's a matter of the player deciding they just don't want to play. I think if anything it has to be the coaching staff being disingenuous about the seriousness of the injury at the outset or trying to protect them by not letting them play.

The Wheeler situation is even more confusing. Does anyone even know what his injury is now? What was the procedure he had? How weird would it be if you asked a fan of another team why their former starting PG is essentially out for the season and they said "I don't know" ?

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Even Os at said something along the lines of “I think he’s fine but I’m really not supposed to say” … that’s not verbatim but it’s how I remember reading it. These guys are instructed to be ambiguous now.

Come on, man. You can't honestly believe the Wheeler situation is just untimely injuries. There's no way the mystery "minor procedure" just had to be done on when it was and that it kept him from walking out on Senior Night. No way, sir. You believe what you want, but I'm a realist and not buying that. Not after years of Cal. I'm all in on throwing the BS flag on this Wheeler situation.
This is correct! Here’s the Wheeler situation for the non-gullible…

Calipari spent WAY too much time trying to turn Savir into something he was never going to be, even losing several games because of it, and only made the obvious switch when the pressure got to great.

Wheeler obviously didn’t think his new role was justified, so after playing sparingly in his new role for a couple of games, he decided he was finished. To keep up the appearance, Calipari played the injury card to calm any suspicions.

Then came Senior Night, and it would look disingenuous of Cal/ Wheeler to go through the ceremonies, only to transfer at the season’s end, so they came up with the ridiculously timed story of the “procedure” that wasn’t serious, but had to be done, causing Wheeler to miss Senior Night.

Wheeler quit, plain and simple, but will go through the motions, to keep from distracting from the team.

Calipari has already shown, via the Sharpe circus, he’s willing to lie to cover for a player, so doing this for Wheeler is his way of controlling public opinion. Wheeler won’t play another second at UK, I can guarantee you that much!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT