ADVERTISEMENT

someone please help me understand.

ukcat27

Blue Chip Prospect
Aug 2, 2005
LaGrange, Ky
Wheeler hasn't played in weeks....Wallace was a game time decision against Arkansas and now there is likely a chance he doesn't play this week....Why does it appear we have players that don't want to play....someone please help me out....thanks

Reactions: gharding07
Hard to say for certain but seems like every year we have injuries that cause players to miss more games here than the same injury would elsewhere. In wheelers case very well could be a not feeling appreciated circumstance. Cals misuse of him with this years team did not do him any favors at all. Hard to blame the kid if that is the case and not even saying it is but very plausible.

I think Wallace plays, but when you leave it up in the air the opposing team has to game plan for something that won’t be the case at game time

Reactions: Cat517
It "appears" that way because you've invented the entire idea out of your own imagination. What is really true is this: Wheeler is injured and then had another procedure that was necessary, and he hasn't been cleared to return. The conspiracy you've invented is nonsense.

I think Wallace plays, but when you leave it up in the air the opposing team has to game plan for something that won’t be the case at game time

Yeah exactly.

Idk why the fanbase doesn't understand that Cal is not going to just volunteer up information on this stuff.

Make them game plan both for Wallace and without him.

Clearly Arkansas wasn't ready for what we did, they probably game planned all week thinking Wallace would play, and then were thrown off by what we did (moving Toppin out top, etc).

But posters on RuppRafters want to know ASAP so we should do it.

I feel Wallace plays this weekend. I also think Cal is one of the most cautious coaches when it comes to injuries, especially for certain players.

I know the Sharpe situation, but I am not a fan of people saying players don’t want to play.

Reactions: sefus12
But posters on RuppRafters want to know ASAP so we should do it.

The funniest thing about this, is that injuries and health news are often ambiguous across ALL sports. Yet, some think it's JUST something Cal does.

Teams/Clubs/Franchises don't care to give the fans some giant detailed health report and time table of return. A lot of time it's simply "Wallace is out tonight, we hope to get him back in a few games". Look at NBA injury news.. guys like KAT, or Kuzma, or Ingram, or Lamelo, or Cade.. and there's dozens more, where no one really knew during their injuries when they'd come back.

Valid question. Wheeler/Wallace status may be exactly what we are being led to believe. Hard to erase any doubt though after witnessing Vanderbilt/Sharpe situations. In this case I believe Wallace injury is legit and have no clue what is going in with Wheeler...

Last edited:
Reactions: know1
Good lord. Why do we have people here so hell bent on making things up?

Seems like the hate for our guards goes back a long time. Saw the same garbage posted here last year about TyTy and Kellen, the year before about Terrence Clarke, and before that about Hagans and even Maxey. I don’t know what people expect from these kids.

We have had some bad luck with late season injuries for sure. But so have many other teams.

The Wheeler situation is totally bizarre, regardless of how many posters reply that this is normal. It's not. We don't even know what his injury is at this point.

The Wallace thing I'm just used to at this point. Who really knows when he'll be ready to play again. I'm hoping it's not a high ankle sprain, but we really don't know. Because they haven't said.

The Wheeler situation is totally bizarre, regardless of how many posters reply that this is normal. It's not. We don't even know what his injury is at this point.

The Wallace thing I'm just used to at this point. Who really knows when he'll be ready to play again. I'm hoping it's not a high ankle sprain, but we really don't know. Because they haven't said.

While it DID turn out to be not ankle related, which IS odd..

He was right there for the next game on the bench. He didn't quit, at least not yet. But people said he did, jumping to conclusions.

While it DID turn out to be not ankle related, which IS odd..

He was right there for the next game on the bench. He didn't quit, at least not yet. But people said he did, jumping to conclusions.
I saw that he was there at Arkansas, that's great. The situation with him is still bizarre and we don't really know what his actual injury is. It's weird, you're not going to convince me that it's not. No one saw his injury and we were never told how serious it was. And yet he is still out. it's strange.

Yeah I mean people can say it's like this all across sports. No it's not. Nobody else says "i haven't seen him". Nobody.

CJ has played with a dislocated finger and a cracked rib.
Wallace has played with back spasms
Oscar played after his knee surgery
Everyone on the team seems to have sprained an ankle more than once

I don't think you can say our guys refuse to play when hurt.

After watching Kellen Grady basically playing game after game while his body was falling apart before our eyes, idk how anyone in this thread can call them soft.

Since Cal let Sharpe sit on the bench when he wouldn't play that proves nothing.

Maybe. But that's also a very extreme situation, and two entire different players.

I saw that he was there at Arkansas, that's great. The situation with him is still bizarre and we don't really know what his actual injury is. It's weird, you're not going to convince me that it's not. No one saw his injury and we were never told how serious it was. And yet he is still out. it's strange.

It's weird because we just don't have a lot of details on the procedure to formulate an opinion. I'm open to the idea that he did do this on purpose and effectively quit.. but I also think he could be just injured, and he had to get something taken care of, as he wasn't really healthy enough to play anyways.

Maybe. But that's also a very extreme situation, and two entire different players.

It's weird because we just don't have a lot of details on the procedure to formulate an opinion. I'm open to the idea that he did do this on purpose and effectively quit.. but I also think he could be just injured, and he had to get something taken care of, as he wasn't really healthy enough to play anyways.
I believe Wheeler is planning a transfer, sitting the rest of the year and Cal is protecting him throughout the rest of the Spring. Which is fine. But that's what I think is happening.

It "appears" that way because you've invented the entire idea out of your own imagination. What is really true is this: Wheeler is injured and then had another procedure that was necessary, and he hasn't been cleared to return. The conspiracy you've invented is nonsense.
Come on, man. You can't honestly believe the Wheeler situation is just untimely injuries. There's no way the mystery "minor procedure" just had to be done on when it was and that it kept him from walking out on Senior Night. No way, sir. You believe what you want, but I'm a realist and not buying that. Not after years of Cal. I'm all in on throwing the BS flag on this Wheeler situation.

I believe Wheeler is planning a transfer, sitting the rest of the year and Cal is protecting him throughout the rest of the Spring. Which is fine. But that's what I think is happening.

And you could be right. But what I'm seeing a lot on the last few seasons is people are just immediately assuming the worst, both from the player and from Cal. People thought Wheeler was going to quit after he lost his starting role and be a nuisance, but he didn't. People think Wallace is going to quit and prepare for the draft, but that hasn't happened, at least not yet.

Come on, man. You can't honestly believe the Wheeler situation is just untimely injuries. There's no way the mystery "minor procedure" just had to be done on when it was and that it kept him from walking out on Senior Night. No way, sir. You believe what you want, but I'm a realist and not buying that. Not after years of Cal. I'm all in on throwing the BS flag on this Wheeler situation.
If it was for an infected pilonidal cyst like some have speculated then yes, that requires general anesthesia and would keep him out for Senior Day. But sure, go ahead and believe the conspiracy theories because nothing anyone tells you is gonna change your fixed beliefs

Odd that we were so happy to get a new strength and conditioning coach to help better prevent ankles, etc., and now both our point guards are out with ankle injuries. Can't get a break.

Reactions: bookerfan66

I still don't know why Wheeler would quit Senior Night, especially now that we know he has no problem being on the bench and supporting the team.

If he quit, why was he even there for Arkansas? And what would it hurt to show up for a half hour senior night ceremony?

That just doesn't add up to me. If we DIDN'T see him at all for the Arkansas game, then that's a different story.

I still don't know why Wheeler would quit Senior Night, especially now that we know he has no problem being on the bench and supporting the team.

If he quit, why was he even there for Arkansas? And what would it hurt to show up for a half hour senior night ceremony?

That just doesn't add up to me. If we DIDN'T see him at all for the Arkansas game, then that's a different story.
Again… he had general anesthesia. That completely explains why he wouldn’t be able to go through senior Day that night, but able to come back to the bench for Arkansas

Wheeler hasn't played in weeks....Wallace was a game time decision against Arkansas and now there is likely a chance he doesn't play this week....Why does it appear we have players that don't want to play....someone please help me out....thanks
Because Cal hates all UK fans, so he kicks point guards in their ankles and knees every chance he gets.

Because it's saving face.He wants to be a starter somewhere next season and openly quitting would ruin that.

Reactions: KFuqua
And you could be right. But what I'm seeing a lot on the last few seasons is people are just immediately assuming the worst, both from the player and from Cal. People thought Wheeler was going to quit after he lost his starting role and be a nuisance, but he didn't. People think Wallace is going to quit and prepare for the draft, but that hasn't happened, at least not yet.
I don't think Wheeler "quitting" would have helped him in any way. Feigning an injury while planning a transfer and still sitting over there on the bench and "supporting your team" seems like the right way to play the situation, though. It's just hard to buy the Wheeler injury at this point.

I've never been one to say Wallace is going to sit out the rest of the year. I don't believe that's what's going to happen. The ambiguity around his injury is no surprise, though. I hope he's back for the tournament. It would be nice to have some sort of a timeline but at this point I think we're all used to it. We don't get timelines anymore.

Again… he had general anesthesia. That completely explains why he wouldn’t be able to go through senior Day that night, but able to come back to the bench for Arkansas
I had a colonoscopy run long last time. They had to unlock the door to let me leave the hospital. I drove myself straight to the gym where I reffed 3 volleyball games. I think he could've managed to walk out for sr. night if he'd wanted to.

Because it's saving face.He wants to be a starter somewhere next season and openly quitting would ruin that.

Then what good did skipping senior night actually do? And does that not also hurt his image?

I think it's very possible he's going to transfer or play elsewhere. But it's not exactly quitting if he's already injured, and he wasn't going to play Vandy regardless with his ankles.

If it was for an infected pilonidal cyst like some have speculated then yes, that requires general anesthesia and would keep him out for Senior Day. But sure, go ahead and believe the conspiracy theories because nothing anyone tells you is gonna change your fixed beliefs
If you believe that, than sure. I just don't trust anything like this anymore from Cal. The timing is just too oddly coincidental. This just happened, and HAD to be taken care of on Senior Night?? Nah. Again, you're free to believe what you want. It's just way too conveniently odd for me.

I had a colonoscopy run long last time. They had to unlock the door to let me leave the hospital. I drove myself straight to the gym where I reffed 3 volleyball games. I think he could've managed to walk out for sr. night if he'd wanted to.
Yes because everyone is going to respond to general anesthesia in the exact same way. There’s also so many different levels of anesthesia. But sure, your one example of a colonoscopy is the gold standard for how everyone will react to any sort of anesthesia for any procedure. Come on people

I had wrist surgery under general anesthesia back in November. I was totally fine that evening, walking around just fine.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
If you believe that, than sure. I just don't trust anything like this anymore from Cal. The timing is just too oddly coincidental. This just happened, and HAD to be taken care of on Senior Night?? Nah. Again, you're free to believe what you want. It's just way too conveniently odd for me.
I mean I understand people feeling weird about it being on senior day, but again, if that’s what the procedure was that’s not something that you want to just wait for. Also you can’t always just easily move a procedure like that to the next day. Depends on OR times, physician availability, there’s so many other logistical things that go into it. There’s just no reason for me to believe this is all a conspiracy

I don't think Wheeler "quitting" would have helped him in any way. Feigning an injury while planning a transfer and still sitting over there on the bench and "supporting your team" seems like the right way to play the situation, though. It's just hard to buy the Wheeler injury at this point.

I've never been one to say Wallace is going to sit out the rest of the year. I don't believe that's what's going to happen. The ambiguity around his injury is no surprise, though. I hope he's back for the tournament. It would be nice to have some sort of a timeline but at this point I think we're all used to it. We don't get timelines anymore.

He does still have bum ankles, and was injured last year, along with this year. I have a feeling the ankles alone, he's not quite 100% to play yet, certainly not against Vandy, as he didn't play almost the entire month of February.

Injury timelines seem to be more and more vague these days. That's kind of how it goes. I don't like the "I haven't seen him line", but that seems to be just coach speak. I think, personally, the whole Senior Night thing really is meaningless. He wasn't going to play that game anyways.

Reactions: YouKay and jbne222
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT