ADVERTISEMENT

someone please help me understand.

Occam's Razor or some mental gymnastics?
The sheer amount of dumb conspiracies people make up anymore about EVERYTHING...

Touch grass.

Reactions: YouKay
Occam's Razor or some mental gymnastics?
The sheer amount of dumb conspiracies people make up anymore about EVERYTHING...

Touch grass.
Maybe if Cal didn't get caught in lies people would believe him more............

This is correct! Here’s the Wheeler situation for the non-gullible…

Calipari spent WAY too much time trying to turn Savir into something he was never going to be, even losing several games because of it, and only made the obvious switch when the pressure got to great.

Wheeler obviously didn’t think his new role was justified, so after playing sparingly in his new role for a couple of games, he decided he was finished. To keep up the appearance, Calipari played the injury card to calm any suspicions.

Then came Senior Night, and it would look disingenuous of Cal/ Wheeler to go through the ceremonies, only to transfer at the season’s end, so they came up with the ridiculously timed story of the “procedure” that wasn’t serious, but had to be done, causing Wheeler to miss Senior Night.

Wheeler quit, plain and simple, but will go through the motions, to keep from distracting from the team.

Calipari has already shown, via the Sharpe circus, he’s willing to lie to cover for a player, so doing this for Wheeler is his way of controlling public opinion. Wheeler won’t play another second at UK, I can guarantee you that much!
I agree with a lot of this. But I wouldn't be surprised if Wheeler plays again. But, I can also see Cal not playing him if he doesn't trust Wheeler's motives for wanting to play. I doubt Cal will play him if he honestly feels Wheeler will just be out there trying out for his next team and ruining a tournament game and ending a season.

I had a colonoscopy run long last time. They had to unlock the door to let me leave the hospital. I drove myself straight to the gym where I reffed 3 volleyball games. I think he could've managed to walk out for sr. night if he'd wanted to.
You had what's called twilight anesthesia, which isn't completely under. No comparison to General. Your doctor should lose his license for letting you drive though. Any procedure I have had, they had to speak directly to my ride home, face to face.

Wheeler hasn't played in weeks....Wallace was a game time decision against Arkansas and now there is likely a chance he doesn't play this week....Why does it appear we have players that don't want to play....someone please help me out....thanks
where did you see that about walkace?

Here's what I ask myself about the 'procedure' and skipping Senior Night; would Chuck Hayes or Patrick Patterson not walked out on that court? There's your answer.

You had what's called twilight anesthesia, which isn't completely under. No comparison to General. Your doctor should lose his license for letting you drive though. Any procedure I have had, they had to speak directly to my ride home, face to face.
well the hospital should be under investigation for that stupidity and how did they let you ref anyways you should be fired.

Reactions: ftp000
Always strange drama surrounding CCC and his players. Whatever happened to the team showing up and playing. Reminds me of the infamous BCG “he’s not available” bs. People have had enough of this crap. Sad too because these guys could lay it all on the line and possibly go somewhere.

Reactions: track42
Wheeler hasn't played in weeks....Wallace was a game time decision against Arkansas and now there is likely a chance he doesn't play this week....Why does it appear we have players that don't want to play....someone please help me out....thanks
Think CW got a big scare an saw $$$$$ signs flying away. Said I don't think he plays again. At least he played most of it unlike some.

I saw that he was there at Arkansas, that's great. The situation with him is still bizarre and we don't really know what his actual injury is. It's weird, you're not going to convince me that it's not. No one saw his injury and we were never told how serious it was. And yet he is still out. it's strange.
I clearly saw, on replay, he sprained his ankle. But it didn't look too bad since he could put some weight on it as he walked off. Likely out now (Arky) as a precaution, not hurt it worse. I look for him to be back Friday.

But like, what is that really worth? Would you have gone to a ceremony and left the house that night? And even if you say "Of course", others would say they wouldn't.

We know Wheeler has a lower body injury, and we know he's got big decisions to make after this season. He's probably doing the things he feels are right to make sure he's healthy next season, which, might mean not rushing back to the court this year and getting work done that needs to get done.

That's really getting into conspiracy theory though.. Like, maybe it's true.. who knows. But I don't think anyone here should just automatically go to this scenario. It's a little far fetched to me that Cal would orchestrate this with Wheeler for the purpose of having a reason to keep him out, just so he can transfer.

If he’s planning to transfer why even have his Jersey out there for Senior Night? Wouldn’t have made the speculation any worse than it is now. Would have been easy enough to say he is returning to UK, so no Senior Night, then transfer after the season is over. Nobody would have batted an eyelash at that.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Yes because everyone is going to respond to general anesthesia in the exact same way. There’s also so many different levels of anesthesia. But sure, your one example of a colonoscopy is the gold standard for how everyone will react to any sort of anesthesia for any procedure. Come on people
Sure...I should've realized that I can't judge everybody by my iron-man standards. Anesthesia in the morning rendering someone incapable of walking out to half-court that night sounds completely reasonable

I clearly saw, on replay, he sprained his ankle. But it didn't look too bad since he could put some weight on it as he walked off. Likely out now (Arky) as a precaution, not hurt it worse. I look for him to be back Friday.
I’m not talking about Wallace, I know what his injury is. I saw it. I was talking about Wheeler.

The funny thing is, I've said many times "Hey that could very well be true" because I'm actually open to anything in this scenario, because I (we) really don't have enough info.

I don't seem to be getting the same thought process from the other side though. I get the feeling that if Wheeler comes back and plays I'm going to hear a lot of "Yeah, but..", or even just a total sweeping under the rug while we move on to the next outrage. It seems some people have made up their mind that Wheeler/Cal did us dirty, and nothing is going to change it.
It's not that I think wheeler/cal did us dirty; I just don't buy what they're selling and think there's more to the story than "had minor procedure; unable to attend sr. night"

Reactions: SemperFiCat
well the hospital should be under investigation for that stupidity and how did they let you ref anyways you should be fired.
I was scheduled for 8:00 that morning, but just as they were prepping me the doctor had an emergency situation he had to deal with. It was 1:00 by the time they put me under. I had to be at the gym by 5:00; once it was delayed, my wife was unable to jiggle her schedule to allow her to drive me, so she dropped the car off for me. I didn't turn the game back in because 1) we're short on refs and 2) I expected to be home on the couch by 1:00 and figured I'd be ok after a 3/4 hour nap. Having said all that, I was fine. Had my partner work the up spot and I stayed on the floor. No problem

Sure...I should've realized that I can't judge everybody by my iron-man standards. Anesthesia in the morning rendering someone incapable of walking out to half-court that night sounds completely reasonable
Firstly, colonoscopies are typically done under moderate sedation at most, if not conscious sedation (not deep sedation which Wheeler would have needed if it's what we think it was). And no, obviously it wouldn't make someone completely incapable of walking out for Senior day, but why do you care? if he's still groggy/out of it and recovering from the procedure/anesthesia, it seems pretty ridiculous to claim "WELL HE STILL COULD HAVE HOBBLED OUT THERE!!!".

Who cares? Let him recover from the procedure, he wasn't going to play anyways. Especially given he was possibly still medicated with opioid pain medicine in addition to the anesthesia. We also don't even know what time the procedure was. Give it a rest man - sorry you were so offended that he didn't fight through that just to walk out on the court for a game he's not even playing in

I have been trying to read as many posts as I can trying to catch up on things. I had a death in the family that took me out of town for the last several days.
All is good, life is just that, life. You either deal with it or not.
But this Wheeler thing. I am not sure what to think about all this. I am not a big fan of his game but must say we really do need him for a back up.
With this, I think about Bobby Knight and what Wheeler could learn from Coach Knight.
Coach Knight said this and this might be what cause the cyst on Wheeler's tailbone"
Coach Knight on a player going to the bench:
"The greatest motivator in the world is your ass on the bench. Ass meets bench, bench reasons ass, ass transmits signals to the body, body gets ass off the bench and plays better. It's a hell of a sequence."

Might just be Wheeler;s ass and the bench had a rebellion.

Firstly, colonoscopies are typically done under moderate sedation at most, if not conscious sedation (not deep sedation which Wheeler would have needed if it's what we think it was). And no, obviously it wouldn't make someone completely incapable of walking out for Senior day, but why do you care? if he's still groggy/out of it and recovering from the procedure/anesthesia, it seems pretty ridiculous to claim "WELL HE STILL COULD HAVE HOBBLED OUT THERE!!!".

Who cares? Let him recover from the procedure, he wasn't going to play anyways. Especially given he was possibly still medicated with opioid pain medicine in addition to the anesthesia. We also don't even know what time the procedure was. Give it a rest man - sorry you were so offended that he didn't fight through that just to walk out on the court for a game he's not even playing in
I'm not offended at all. I am making the point that you keep ignoring that I don't buy the reason he wasn't there was because of the procedure.

They really don’t give opioids out after minor surgical procedures any longer. I had DeQuervains Tenosynovitis release surgery on my wrist last November. Full general anesthesia, had the surgery at 9:30 am. I was fine by about 3:00 that afternoon. They didn’t prescribe me opioids, just Tylenol and ibuprofen. I had the same surgery on the other wrist 10 years ago and they gave me enough ocycodone to kill a horse. I doubt he got any opioids at all.

I haven't read all of the pages but IMHO, Wallace will be out for the SEC tournament. A win or a loss there really won't affect our NCAA seeding that much. Let the dude rest up and let's get ready for what really matters.

Every generation has said that about the generation below them since the dawn of time.

Wallace will 100% play. Wheeler won't.

They’ve all been correct. Except for the one right before the dark ages started. They dodged a proverbial bullet.

Reactions: track42
put it this way...im a diehard fan it can't and won't be questioned....first I ever watched I was 6 Issel and Gilmore 1969....if Wheeler plays another second for blue and white..im done

I read on a news report somewhere, (I'm trying to find it to link here) that he had surgery on his tailbone. It didn't say what the problem was, just that he had surgery. When I find it, I'll link it.

It "appears" that way because you've invented the entire idea out of your own imagination. What is really true is this: Wheeler is injured and then had another procedure that was necessary, and he hasn't been cleared to return. The conspiracy you've invented is nonsense.
With Wheeler it was described as a "minor procedure." If it was so minor it couldn't have waited a few weeks? Sort of an important time of the season, you think? At least with Wallace we saw him injure his leg/ foot or something. With Wheeler it's so mysterious, and when you juxtapose that with the adjustment of his minutes, it's just naturally going to breed conjecture.

I still don't know why Wheeler would quit Senior Night, especially now that we know he has no problem being on the bench and supporting the team.

If he quit, why was he even there for Arkansas? And what would it hurt to show up for a half hour senior night ceremony?

That just doesn't add up to me. If we DIDN'T see him at all for the Arkansas game, then that's a different story.
What if he was put under during the procedure? Maybe just Maybe, he wasn’t in any condition to attend. Since you nor anyone else knows any details about his surgery who are we to question? Players have to sign off on any information released, and I’m sure you are aware their are laws that prohibit Cal or anyone else from giving any detailed information to Johnny public.

Fair enough. But you still have those that, even still, defend Cal over the Sharpe fiasco. Again, Cal has brought this kind of reaction by the fans upon himself. We just can't trust anything the man says or does.
Exactly. And then there was the whole vague Jarred Vanderbilt thing that went on and off all season.
The names change, but it has become some mysterious drama over one player or another almost every year under Calipari.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
IL wildcat...I love you...but your protection of Wheeler is odd at best..what gives...surely you can see he is just sitting out ..not injury related in any way

Reactions: IL Wildcat
IL wildcat...I love you...but your protection of Wheeler is odd at best..what gives...surely you can see he is just sitting out ..not injury related in any way
No, I can't surely see it. It is mysterious, yes, and we don't have a lot of information on it. All we actually know is that he was injured and then he had a procedure. All the rest is just conjecture and conspiracy. Until someone actually tells us differently, that's all it will ever be.

Now, for my part, I hope Wheeler gets to play again for this team. The team needs him. I'm hoping the same for Wallace as well, of course. We need him even worse than Wheeler. I guess we'll see.

9fe47549-cc94-4b25-9481-98389809e030_text.gif
Yeah the “players that don’t want to play” is entirely subjective interpretation. Same with whether or not the same injuries keep players off the floor more here than elsewhere. Coz how do we know how bad the injuries are when we’re lucky to ever know if Cal’s even laid eyes on a guy.

But we sure as hot coffee have ourselves a poop ton of injuries every year since ‘13. When the old S&C guy left, who had been focusing so hard on VO2 Max it could tear bodies apart, and the new guy came in singing the injury prevention song I thought we had finally turned the page on that.

Nope.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT