ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Some beef tomorrow

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Had a chance to watch the linemen at length today and like I said, didn't think it was the biggest day for linemen, but we learned some things...

** The offer to Boyle County's Paul McClure is a PWO but this kid is a player. Some PWO guys are unlikely to ever become scholarship players but in this case I believe he's a guy who could be that kind of guy who works his way up. Too early to call, really, but he's a really tough kid. Not very tall but works hard and plays hard. Not surprising for a Boyle kid.

** Lucas Tielsch from Akron looked really good. I think he's probably between 6'5 and 6'6 and that's legit so he has SEC size. Going to be a guy for them in the '26 class. You typically aren't going to get top '25 guys camping going into the summer before their senior year.

** One OL who camped today and had a lot of offers coming in was Maddox Cochrane. Reported offers from Duke, Maryland, Pitt, Syracuse, VT, WVU, and Wisconsin. Didn't have the greatest day and some guys with much less recruiting traction looked better. Could have been an off day.

** One exception to that... Jermiel Atkins. The '25 Ohio lineman we have mentioned before is someone I'm expecting to camp tomorrow. He has primarily been a basketball player to this point but he's really big and looks like somebody who could develop into a pro. If Atkins has a good day tomorrow I think there's a very chance that he's in Kentucky's class. So that is going to be significant and looking forward to reporting on that.

** One '26 OL with some offers I'm expecting tomorrow is Owen Windor from Michigan. He has offers from Duke and a bunch of MAC schools. Also Micah Smith from Vero Beach, Florida. He's got SEC offers, very highly regarded. Georgia, Auburn, FSU, Ohio St offers, etc. We'll see if he shows up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News