ADVERTISEMENT

So how we feeling about the Clemson game?

screwduke1

All-American
Jul 29, 2016
Not been much game discussion because of the portal and what not. So how we feeling about this game?

I think it's a game we can win but i think Clemsons talent will just win out against us. Gonna be a tough match up. I think Ray Davis playing gives us a chance though and we will probably need a big game from him for us to win IMO

Imo nowadays it's impossible to predict much of anything outside the playoffs. Way too many external factors and moving parts. By the time the game kicks off, who knows the players that will actually be on the field and their mindset.

After last year I just look at these as basically a chance at more player development at practice that culminates in a trip and an exhibition game

Reactions: Blouman
Not been much game discussion because of the portal and what not. So how we feeling about this game?

I think it's a game we can win but i think Clemsons talent will just win out against us. Gonna be a tough match up. I think Ray Davis playing gives us a chance though and we will probably need a big game from him for us to win IMO

Clemson has been hurt more than UK by opt outs.

UK played the stronger schedule.

UK beat a subsequent participant in the ACC Championship Game on their own field in Louisville.

UK's defense has had a couple of weeks to get healthy. Weaver and Wallace are participating.

We have a deadly placekicker.

It could largely boil down to this. Can UK play a clean game? Can UK's OL keep Clemson's pass rush off of Leary? Is Leary saving his best for last? Can UK's defense limit Clemson's running game?

I looked around. Depending on the website, UK is a 4.5 to 5.5 point underdog today. This betting margin has decreased over the last week. The "money" thinks this will be a close game. UK leads the all time series, and I like the Wildcats in a nail biter.

No clue. Who knows what effort level both teams will play at. It should be a close game either way but with bowls you never know.

Excited! I know it is a great challenge and we are the underdogs.

They are a tough matchup, they stuff the run so that takes away 1 of our strengths. And Klub Level can spin it, he can take advantage of our shaky secondary.

IMO game means more to us, we will want it more than they do

UK wins 26-23!

Reactions: Blouman
I’m going to go to Florida but I’m really not expecting a win. They have a shitload of talent. Our defense has been putrid ever since the Florida game. I have watched a lot of UK defense and have never seen as many 3-10 converted as this year. I don’t see how we can possibly hold them under 30 points. That’s what it would take to win. IMHO

If Leary and receivers can bring the intensity they had for U of L, we win going away.

They are going to be about as excited about playing in Jacksonville as they were in Nashville in 2006. We were ahead in that one 28-7, before they woke up in the 4th and made it respectable.

Cats 35, Clemson 27!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT