ADVERTISEMENT

Snoop speaks on KU

You'd hope folks would have the decency to feel shame, but that's asking for too much.
I don't even know how to process something like that. I get wanting to make a toupee joke. Who doesn't love those? But how you choose this as the framework..... I don't think I want to know how he work-shopped that one.

This whole event is at least in part indicative of the larger stream of thinking in society.

The necessary compromise associated with obtaining consumer-driven popularity = institutions getting in over their head on an ethical level = partially regretting the initial decision due to public sentiment = post-decision consideration that compromise is still necessary to "get ahead" over the other guy by choosing a value system scented in moral bankruptcy (which large portions of consumer culture appreciate and value) = either a complete refutation of the system by individuals on the periphery of the initial decision or alternatively, a collective return to the initial compromise set by the institution due to the overall gains made in regard to "ends" and not "means". If institutions return to the consumer-driven compromise, they've usually created a new method of publicly and ideologically accommodating the compromise. We often see this in history where forms of ethical conduct from previous generations are devalued and overturned wherein proponents of the new value system often recreate religious or social notions to make way for newly agreed upon "ends."

New generations rise up, thinking the compromise is anything but, taking in new values driven by purchasing things and not thinking beyond the message and realities associated with obtaining the things they desire.

If people or institutions decide to complete the cycle by returning to the initial system of ethical compromise, they - along with their supporters - find themselves less inclined to consider the notion of regret within the next movement. As a society, this collective erosion of previous ethics becomes more widespread until the values of a society have overwhelmingly shifted to a new location on the spectrum of what is considered socially proper.

Kansas is only upset because the post-decision gauge didn't conform to their lack of ethics. But Self also understands that if it lands them a commitment from Todd, Kansas fans will likely be quick to forgive the initial decision. Thus, consumerism triumphs over previous ethics and creates a new set of ethics ultimately dictated by ends and not means to ends.

Last edited:
You know what they say, the cover up is always worse than the crime.

In this case it's probably about 50/50, but Snoop's comments prove that KU athletic leadership is willing to openly lie to cover their asses. Not a good look especially with the NCAA knocking on their door.

“When you pay for Snoop Dogg, you’re going to get Snoop Dog.”[laughing]
giphy.gif

Of course kanas knew what he was doing. Again outlining the lack of institutional control. When drake came did he use a ton of profanity or strippers or fake money ? No!! Cause Kentucky made 100 percent sure his performance would be clean and pg13 at most. I hope the ncaa hammers them.

This whole event is at least in part indicative of the larger stream of thinking in society.

The necessary compromise associated with obtaining consumer-driven popularity = institutions getting in over their head on an ethical level = partially regretting the initial decision due to public sentiment = post-decision consideration that compromise is still necessary to "get ahead" over the other guy by choosing a value system scented in moral bankruptcy (which large portions of consumer culture appreciate and value) = either a complete refutation of the system by individuals on the periphery of the initial decision or alternatively, a collective return to the initial compromise set by the institution due to the overall gains made in regard to "ends" and not "means". If institutions return to the consumer-driven compromise, they've usually created a new method of publicly and ideologically accommodating the compromise. We often see this in history where forms of ethical conduct from previous generations are devalued and overturned wherein proponents of the new value system often recreate religious or social notions to make way for newly agreed upon "ends."

New generations rise up, thinking the compromise is anything but, taking in new values driven by purchasing things and not thinking beyond the message and realities associated with obtaining the things they desire.

If people or institutions decide to complete the cycle by returning to the initial system of ethical compromise, they - along with their supporters - find themselves less inclined to consider the notion of regret within the next movement. As a society, this collective erosion of previous ethics becomes more widespread until the values of a society have overwhelmingly shifted to a new location on the spectrum of what is considered socially proper.

Kansas is only upset because the post-decision gauge didn't conform to their lack of ethics. But Self also understands that if it lands them a commitment from Todd, Kansas fans will likely be quick to forgive the initial decision. Thus, consumerism triumphs over previous ethics and creates a new set of ethics ultimately dictated by ends and not means to ends.

P_SS on snoop and the society he came in on...

When Adidas pays for Snoop Dog you get Snoop Dog

Gotta say though, the KU administration has balls for the way they continue to stick it to the NCAA... resigning the deal w/ Adidas, Self's initial comments, I've heard that Silvio's reinstate didn't sit well with the enforcement staff...
It's a hell of a bluff... though I can appreciate how they are making the NCAA look. I fully suspect that when push comes to shove... and under the threat of a lawsuit, they skate like UNC... regardless, it is sure going to be interesting to watch.

You know what they say, the cover up is always worse than the crime.

In this case it's probably about 50/50, but Snoop's comments prove that KU athletic leadership is willing to openly lie to cover their asses. Not a good look especially with the NCAA knocking on their door.
Wow Openly lie to cover their ass ? Did the saint Coach K do that a few years ago after he chastised Dillon Brooks I believe it was , and he lied and the mic caught what he actually said !

It actually sounded like a fun, wild entertaining show. Many here over the years should admit to their posts that our BBM can be somewhat boring until our player introductions and scrimmage. But, we now live in that politically correct society. I think back to Jerry Lewis movies and he would now be criticized and ostracized for his brand of comedy and imitations.

Yes, the description of Snoops show certainly sounded over the top for a broad spectrum audience and the cover-up by Kansas is an even worse decision. I also read the other day that Emmert has never agreed to create a policy to protect against the UNC scandal from occurring again. So, bottom-line the NCAA still is the key culprit for allowing any of this nonsense at UL, UNC, Kansas, and almighty Duke.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Whats the issue here.
Nothing
Move on
Well, justhawk, wouldn't it be nice if you could just tell everyone to stop talking about the disaster that Kansas is right now and they just listen to you? Ha! It's hilarious that you think your comment holds any sway here.

To answer the question, "What's the issue here?" It's no issue for UK or UK fans. But it could be an issue, and obviously WAS an issue for Kansas and its public image. It was enough of an issue that an apology was offered. That's pretty serious.

I would suggest that having Snoop Dog performing at a college basketball event is over the top to begin with. But that's not even the problem, really. The problem is the timing of it all given the huge recent news of major violations from the NCAA. Though Self and Kansas have denied any wrongdoing, the public knows better, and this Snoop Dog thing gives the impression that things really are out of control with the Jayhawks. Your problem is the court of public opinion matters here, and this makes you look bad.

Snoop said he had a great time.
The students who attended said they had a great time.
The mens and womens teams (and not just basketball teams) all said they had a great time
KU recruits sa
Well, justhawk, wouldn't it be nice if you could just tell everyone to stop talking about the disaster that Kansas is right now and they just listen to you? Ha! It's hilarious that you think your comment holds any sway here.

To answer the question, "What's the issue here?" It's no issue for UK or UK fans. But it could be an issue, and obviously WAS an issue for Kansas and its public image. It was enough of an issue that an apology was offered. That's pretty serious.

I would suggest that having Snoop Dog performing at a college basketball event is over the top to begin with. But that's not even the problem, really. The problem is the timing of it all given the huge recent news of major violations from the NCAA. Though Self and Kansas have denied any wrongdoing, the public knows better, and this Snoop Dog thing gives the impression that things really are out of control with the Jayhawks. Your problem is the court of public opinion matters here, and this makes you look bad.

-Snoop said he had a great time.
-The students who attended said they had a great time.
-The mens and womens teams (and not just basketball teams) all said they had a great time
-KU recruits said they had a great time

hmmm. So why the hell is it a problem for you who wasn't even there?

""

Didn’t see these posted. Hopefully everyone can appreciate the class that Cal brings to the program. Now don’t get me wrong, I love Snoop, but not exactly the environment you are trying to sell potential recruits and their parents on.

Recruits and their parents grew up on Snoop. Guarantee they weren’t offended.

There were like 5 mf’s in one video and the other reminiscent of Minardi Hall. No mother wants their 17 year old son seeing that. I’m 39. I have listened to Snoop for over 2 decades. I love a lot of his stuff. I don’t want him doing a show like that at BBM and don’t think Cal would either.

There were like 5 mf’s in one video and the other reminiscent of Minardi Hall. No mother wants their 17 year old son seeing that. I’m 39. I have listened to Snoop for over 2 decades. I love a lot of his stuff. I don’t want him doing a show like that at BBM and don’t think Cal would either.

These kids talk like that on a daily basis. They didn’t see or hear anything that they haven’t been exposed to previously. From some of their own mouths, they loved the performance.

These kids talk like that on a daily basis. They didn’t see or hear anything that they haven’t been exposed to previously. From some of their own mouths, they loved the performance.

You’re right, I remember being 17 and walking around my house, EVERY DAY, talking about selling drugs, f-:&?ng hoes, smoking weed, shooting guns. If my mom said anything, I said, “bitches ain’t shit but hoes and tricks,” and put her in her place. My dad was a proud man.

Reactions: Backer cutter
The mens and womens teams (and not just basketball teams) all said they had a great time
KU recruits sa

-Snoop said he had a great time.
-The students who attended said they had a great time.
-The mens and womens teams (and not just basketball teams) all said they had a great time
-KU recruits said they had a great time

No problem for me at all, I think its great a trash performance for a trash program, the whole country has seen it or heard about it and the Jailhawks administration's apology YOU must be very proud lol ! OH by the way I sure hope the Rug Doctor is feeling better since he walked off the court during the middle of the performance saying he wasn't feeling well lol !!

Reactions: Backer cutter

I'm not seeing anybody on here with a "problem", we're just enjoying another opportunity to laugh our @sses off at your cheating program.

If you're trying to find a "problem", you should reach out to your AD and head coach since they are the ones who felt compelled to do immediate spin/issue apologies. Maybe that's where any potential "problems" are. Maybe.

We are all having a great time too. These videos being shown all over and basically confirming that KU is trash is just the cherry on top after the NCAA claims dropped. Enjoy the next few years. I have a feeling that the NCAA is ready to bitch slap KU and Self after fighting their De Sousa decision.

" "

Didn’t see these posted. Hopefully everyone can appreciate the class that Cal brings to the program. Now don’t get me wrong, I love Snoop, but not exactly the environment you are trying to sell potential recruits and their parents on.

What the heck do you mean sell recruits to this type of environment. Are you freaking 80 years old?

1. Its college bro. Listening to Snoop rap about Gin and orange juice. Im sure the recruits have an idea about the environment with or without Snoop

2. These kids listen music artists that are much worse and love it

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT