ADVERTISEMENT

Smith says “not accurate”

He sure won't come here now anyway.
Why is that ? Norlander didn't list UK, maybe Smith clapped at him because there are more schools involved. Maybe UK is a possibility, referring to when he said the 3 schools Norlander listed (UK not being one of them) is "not accurate at all". I do not see what Norlander and Smith said = "definitely not coming here now"?

Why is that ? Norlander didn't list UK, maybe Smith clapped at him because there are more schools involved. Maybe UK to is what he is referring to when he said the 3 schools Norlander listed (UK not being one of them) is "not accurate at all". I do not see what Norlander and Smith said = "definitely not coming here now"?
I thought he had problems with admissions at UK?

Strange, Norlander is usually spot on when he does release info. He's somewhat picky with what he does put out there. If I had to guess I would put money Smith ends up committing to one of those 3 schools.
Sounds like a little misunderstanding in the Smith camp.

Why is that ? Norlander didn't list UK, maybe Smith clapped at him because there are more schools involved. Maybe UK is a possibility, referring to when he said the 3 schools Norlander listed (UK not being one of them) is "not accurate at all". I do not see what Norlander and Smith said = "definitely not coming here now"?
The player needs the big money school to at least be a threat to drive his NIL value up.

Odds are good Norlander heard from our side that we aren’t on the table.

Strange, Norlander is usually spot on when he does release info. He's somewhat picky with what he does put out there. If I had to guess I would put money Smith ends up committing to one of those 3 schools.
Kids are trying to leverage as many schools as they can, so it's not a surprise they are going to challenge leaks.

I'd bet Norlander is correct and Smith is just battling back to keep NIL negotiations under his agent's control.

The player needs the big money school to at least be a threat to drive his NIL value up.

Odds are good Norlander heard from our side that we aren’t on the table.
If we've been told that we're out, do not do the Cal thing and allow the player to string UK's name along for their own interests. Just tell the media "yeah, we moved on".

Could this be a ploy to leverage more money out of one of the schools he really wants to go to by keeping UK "alive"?

Wouldn't put it past his handlers/agent/camp/string pullers

Or that Smith has another school other than the three Norlander listed, and not saying it is UK, but a school outside of the 3. remember Brea was coming here either, he was down to three schools and UK wasn't getting a visit. I will wait until it is official. It is fun reading all of the inside scoops, but SOMETIMES the scoops get scooped.
On the other side of the equation "Osobor was solid to UK", until he wasn't. The old saying is true, in recruiting "things change". Even more so with NIL now in the mix. A school not even being mentioned can throw a bag a players way, then the player changes directions in a instant.
Stay tuned.

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang

Maybe Smith needs to talk with his agent

If we've been told that we're out, do not do the Cal thing and allow the player to string UK's name along for their own interests. Just tell the media "yeah, we moved on".
I’m all for this. Notice how both Duke and UCONN put it out there they weren’t in on Brea anymore? Wish we did that.

Reactions: NociHTTP
That article makes it sound like St Johns is gonna snag smith or richmond and the other we may be a player on. Just hasn’t been a lot of buzz but as we saw with garrison and kriisa it can happen fast. I don’t know which of the two I would prefer but either would make a huge impact on our team. He also says kriisa will come off the bench at UK crazy to think we could take a 3 year starter and talk him into coming off the bench that’s huge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT