ADVERTISEMENT

UK Facebook Forum admin says

Nothing official but parents of some recruits have reported to them that Cal would be back. Phone calls were made to reassure the recruits. I am assuming that all recruits received a call, if this in fact accurate info.
It is.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
The calls are coming from the coaching staff. They still have a job to do, and will continue to do so, until they are told not to. Calipari as of this moment is still the coach.

Recruits wouldn’t speak to the athletic department or administration. They can be deciding his fate and the current coaches can be recruiting and touching base with commitments.

This is no different then if you asked Joe Biden if he was gonna be president the next 4 years. He would say yes. Does he know that? Of course not, but what else is he gonna say?

Last edited:
I’m sure they have. But that doesn’t mean Cal’s staying. You can’t have kids and their families anxiously wondering if you’re getting fired. If he does then it can be spun that something changed with the school and they’re still family, should come with him to the next stop, etc.

Our AD is a damn joke, this whole athletic department is a damn joke. Let’s let the damn pile of shit coach hold us hostage because he has a bunch of mid recruits coming when college basketball is getting older every year. Nothing will change, and we will be right back here next year after a first weekend loss wondering why UConn, unc and others keep going further In the tourney than Kentucky

Last edited:
It all depends on Barney. The money is there if they want to fire Cal, and it won’t have to come from UK Athletics.
The money isn't there. That's why Cal's will be back. I've been saying it since yesterday and get nothing but laughing emojis, but a $33 million buyout at a public university, even if it can be offset and paid over time, just isn't happening.

Agree. If he’s coming back, I hope we hold onto a few of this years freshmen he threw under the bus.
Not even Reed Sheppard coming back could get me excited as long as that fraud is our coach. Nothing will change, he will still be a chicken shit coach, he will still run the same crap offense and he will coach nervous on top of their being more pressure on the players than ever before

That FB group is ridiculous. The majority look at this season in a vacuum. Writing stuff like ”do you think Kansas wants to fire Self for a first weekend exit”. The info may very well be correct but that site forbids negative comments and is rainbows and unicorns when it comes to the state of the UK program.

The money isn't there. That's why Cal's will be back. I've been saying it since yesterday and get nothing but laughing emojis, but a $33 million buyout at a public university, even if it can be offset and paid over time, just isn't happening.
How does Kentucky not have the money to pay 6 million for 5-6 years. They have the money, Mitch doesn’t want to do it because of other reasons

It all depends on Barney. The money is there if they want to fire Cal, and it won’t have to come from UK Athletics.

But there was also enough of a surplus, iirc, this past year or last that they could pay most of the buyout without donor funds. Whether they'd do that or not, I don't know. But I seem to recall a 29M surplus from 2023. May be wrong though

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
Our AD is a damn joke, this whole athletic department is a damn joke. Let’s let the damn pile of shit coach hold us hostage because he has a bunch of mid recruits coming when college basketball is getting older every year. Nothing will change, and we will be right back here next year after a first weekend lost wondering why UConn, unc and others keep going further In the tourney than Kentucky
Barnhart has no juice. He needs to be fired just as much as Calipari and sooner fans understand that, they'll be closer to getting an elite coach to run the program in place of Cal.

yeah don’t believe it, the people that are actually connected to the program haven’t said anything about the stuff being floated around by random people on X and FB groups lol.

Barnhart has no juice. He needs to be fired just as much as Calipari and sooner fans understand that, they'll be closer to getting an elite coach to run the program in place of Cal.
I’m just tired, I have watched teams with a fraction of the resources and fan support Kentucky has make it further because they have actual coaches. I have no inside info but I guarentee cal told Barnhart this recruiting class will get us back to where Kentucky needs to be, when in reality it is a below average class at best. The man literally said after he lost Thursday that he want changing, and our AD and the people making the decision said yep let’s bring that back. Barnhart need to go, this whole athletic department needs a reset.

yeah don’t believe it, the people that are actually connected to the program haven’t said anything about the stuff being floated around by random people on X and FB groups lol.
Pilgrim have some connections, not many but a few, so there has to be a little truth to it

How does Kentucky not have the money to pay 6 million for 5-6 years. They have the money, Mitch doesn’t want to do it because of other reasons
The money needs to come from a donor, it's not coming from the athletic department or the university. Craft just gave the school $7.5 million for a renovation to Nutter Field House. Maybe he and others pony up and give more, but I'll believe it when I see it.

This wouldn't surprise me in the least. I've said all along that Barnhart is both an idiot and a wuss. If a buyout doesn't happen you can expect a Monday news conference with MB and Calipari basically holding hands saying stuff like "we know the bball program hasn't lived up the UK standard...blah, blah, blah...
That'll just be B.S> for "I didn't have the nads to do what needed to be done".

I’m just tired, I have watched teams with a fraction of the resources and fan support Kentucky has make it further because they have actual coaches. I have no inside info but I guarentee cal told Barnhart this recruiting class will get us back to where Kentucky needs to be, when in reality it is a below average class at best. The man literally said after he lost Thursday that he want changing, and our AD and the people making the decision said yep let’s bring that back. Barnhart need to go, this whole athletic department needs a reset.
I’m convinced Cal wants a shot at the top of the ‘25 class. His problem is figuring out a good plan for ‘24 and him ruining any possible fan support to get him there.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Richmond, Knox, and somto with quantaince& fland are gonna save Kentucky, because we all know how the returnee situation works. Clown show for a athletic department

Nothing official but parents of some recruits have reported to them that Cal would be back. Phone calls were made to reassure the recruits. I am assuming that all recruits received a call, if this in fact accurate info.
Of course cal is telling recruits that. What didn’t he tell them at Memphis? He wants to take him with him.

I’m convinced Cal wants a shot at the top of the ‘25 class. His problem is figuring out a good plan for ‘24 and him ruining any possible fan support to get him there.
Cal shouldn’t get the opportunity, Mitch has given him multiple chances, Barnhart needs to finally grow a pair but it’s looking less & less likely

Reactions: delk4three
Stop with this shit. The money is there the line is the right candidate isn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT