ADVERTISEMENT

Sleepers Media puts Kentucky at #25 in their top 25. They have BYU at #24.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
Seems like they put way too emphasis on lottery-level talent.
1. Kansas
2. Alabama
3. Duke
4. UConn
5. Baylor
6. Houston
7. Iowa State
8. Gonzaga
9. Arizona
10. Auburn
11. Indiana
12. Arkansas
13. North Carolina
14. Texas A&M
15. Creighton
16. Tennessee
17. Purdue
18. Texas
19. Illinois
20. Marquette
21. Florida
22. Kansas State
23. Rutgers
24. BYU
25. Kentucky

So does UK really finish 7th in the SEC this year? I find that highly unlikely, given their depth and overall talent.

Sad Feelings GIF

They could be dead on. But, I have watched these 2 several times, mostly about recruiting, in the last 2 months. They are B10 guys. I know one is a Michigan fan, and I think the other is Michigan St.

They are definitely not UK homers. The one guy said he thought Mullins might be the highest ranked recruit UK gets this year.

I try to be somewhat realistic. So, we even though I would love to land a top 2-3 class, I doubt it, just because Pope is playing catch up. The class will likely be around 5, give or take 2 spots. He has a lot of spots to fill at a blue blood. So, it will be better than these 2 clowns think. The guy on the left really doesn’t even seem to prepare for the show.

So, I would not put much stock into what they think.

They could be dead on. But, I have watched these 2 several times, mostly about recruiting, in the last 2 months. They are B10 guys. I know one is a Michigan fan, and I think the other is Michigan St.

They are definitely not UK homers. The one guy said he thought Mullins might be the highest ranked recruit UK gets this year.

I try to be somewhat realistic. So, we even though I would love to land a top 2-3 class, I doubt it, just because Pope is playing catch up. The class will likely be around 5, give or take 2 spots. He has a lot of spots to fill at a blue blood. So, it will be better than these 2 clowns think. The guy on the left really doesn’t even seem to prepare for the show.

We will get our share of recruits because we have recruiters, a fun style, and good NIL. We will land some players. I don’t expect top 5 classes every year anymore but I can see 1-2 very high level five stars and a bunch of four stars we want that fit our system and hope to build on.

I think Johnson might be the only elite guy we end up with. I feel pretty good about getting him.

I could realistically see getting:

Johnson
Moreno
Mullins

Plus two or three more 4-star/high 3-star types.

I think we are going to rely more on returning players and portal players. Hopefully we get Oweh, Garrison, Chandler, Perry, and Noah back as a solid returning core. Then we fill in the blanks with portal guys.

I feel like Johnson might be the only Freshman starter. Mullins and Moreno will be key reserves. The rest of the rotation will be returnees and portal guys.

If these guys put byu ahead of kentucky you can pretty much ignore anything else they have to say. They must have forgotten that Robinson and chandler are on the UK side now. Chandler will not even start for us.

Robinson would be BYU's best player next no doubt and Chandler would start and play 25 minutes plus a game. The thing is they are both at UK next year

Zaga in the Top Ten? Color me skeptical? Did they pick anyone up? KU at 1 is a joke as well. HD will sink that team AGAIN

Reactions: BBUK
We will get our share of recruits because we have recruiters, a fun style, and good NIL. We will land some players. I don’t expect top 5 classes every year anymore but I can see 1-2 very high level five stars and a bunch of four stars we want that fit our system and hope to build on.
Man I hope your are right! That's a really good strategy!!

I feel the ranking is more a reflection that most media/journalists people believe that Mark Pope is not an elite head coach. I'm hoping he has an outstanding first year just to prove to the naysayers that UK is back and all the haters can kiss his a..

Last edited:
An NBA assistant coach who is brand new to the college level.. is supposed to be better than his predecessor who now has a better team at a better school?

It's so hilarious that this writers rankings is basically saying "we need to wait to see if Pope can win at his next spot" while simultaneously saying "THIS GUY WHO I HAD NO IDEA EXISTED 3 MONTHS AGO IS FOR SURE GONNA MAKE MORMONS INTO A TOP25 TEAM OVERNIGHT!!!"

The author's team is probably like 3-32 all time against Kentucky, and it shows in his writing.

Reactions: ukfan041
This is more of people looking at record vs schedule instead of talent and how good you actually are. Nobody thinks BYU is better than us... even BYU's former coach.

They contradict themselves all the time and trash UK constantly. Watch what one of them says during the Robinson commit video on their channel about UK's roster and compare it to anything else they say about UK.

Also, anyone who thinks Purdue and Arkansas are going to be good shouldn't be taken seriously.

Seems like they put way too emphasis on lottery-level talent.
1. Kansas
2. Alabama
3. Duke
4. UConn
5. Baylor
6. Houston
7. Iowa State
8. Gonzaga
9. Arizona
10. Auburn
11. Indiana
12. Arkansas
13. North Carolina
14. Texas A&M
15. Creighton
16. Tennessee
17. Purdue
18. Texas
19. Illinois
20. Marquette
21. Florida
22. Kansas State
23. Rutgers
24. BYU
25. Kentucky

So does UK really finish 7th in the SEC this year? I find that highly unlikely, given their depth and overall talent.

You left out Texas...moves us to 8th....

Sleepers is a terrible podcast. It’s mainly just BIG10 homers that talk about Michigan State and Purdue half the time. They’re usually totally uninformed about Kentucky and when they try to touch on us they never have an accurate opinion.

Reactions: NerlensCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT