ADVERTISEMENT

Sisk just confirmed Drew has been offered

Have you all noticed all the KSR folks putting the case out there for Drew all day? Not just the show but Lockett, Roush, TT. They know it’s coming and are trying to talk us into liking it.

Only if he wins. Fans soured on Tubby and Cal for similar results Drew has had over his career. This could go either way.
I'd love to have Hurley or see Donovan return but those just aren't realistic options. In the back of my mind after Drew rejected Louisville, I figured Cal would bolt now or next year and we'd end up with Drew. It's not an OMG SPLASH hire but the dude is solid and Mitch isn't going to let it get out that two or three coaches have already said "No thanks" to Kentucky. Fans of top programs will be pining for the Wrights, Donovans, and Hurleys for another decade and it's just not going to happen imo.

I wouldn’t call it embarrassing.
It would make him the highest paid coach in America lol
If I'm Hurley a New England man and have just won back to back National Championships it would take a crap load of money to get me to leave a Dynasty in the making...like 15-20 million per year....like double whatever my dynasty school can offer.

This is the definition of a boring hire. We couldn't get out of the first round of the tournament with Cal. He won a natty, but Drew can't hardly get past the second round himself.

I think we were all prepared to do a backflip out of the window and reestablish Kentucky as the best of the best with a grand slam hire in Hurley or Donovan. Going from that to this is boring.

Screenshot-2024-04-09-at-7-39-58-PM.png

everyone keeps saying what Drew did at Baylor. He would have better resources here like any other coach. So better players, and better assistants. Possibly better NIL deals for the players. He was in a typically better league in the big 12. Though last couple years Sec and Big 12 been close. Hell if Hurley comes here he might not do anything. Just because a coach has magic with some players don't mean they can replicate that. Donovan and Hurley. Hurley had players from last years championship game last time I checked.

Reactions: 1war
Sounds like it was always Drew and the other stuff was bullshit.
It’s been Drew for YEARS. He is Mitch’s friend and he was ALWAYS going to be the first choice.

Also, this is going to result in Mitch retiring or otherwise losing his job. If you hire your buddy, you’d better be damn certain he will impress. If not, it’s your ass on the line.

Have you all noticed all the KSR folks putting the case out there for Drew all day? Not just the show but Lockett, Roush, TT. They know it’s coming and are trying to talk us into liking it.
Unlike most you noticed it great job

people complaining about it don't know the full story and I think he'll do fine here. Hurley and Donovan could have both turned down the job even with 11 million a year.
Cal was doing fine that’s the entire point of a new coach to be top 5-7 perennially. Fine isn’t gonna cut it.

Pretty sure this buddy won a national championship in this particular business 😉

Right. It’s not like he hired his friend, the banker, to coach the team.

I’m not saying I’m for or against, but he is a national championship coach (as is the guy we could not wait to get rid of).

Reactions: Noxium322
Hopefully this was just leaked to see the reaction of the public.. I hope this is like choice 5 or 6.

Reactions: TFCats11
And every other season ended in an NIT trip.
Hey I wanted Donavon to be our Coach in 07 and in 09 but he declined and I still would like for him to be our coach but it’s not going to happen, with that been said go check Donavon’s head coaching record at while at Marshall and Florida and compare it to Drew’s.

Right. It’s not like he hired his friend, the banker, to coach the team.

I’m not saying I’m for or against, but he is a national championship coach (as is the guy we could not wait to get rid of).
Never in the history of our program have we hired a title coach. If you can’t get the very best you get the hungriest which is oats. Barney is a failure or he’s intentionally ruining the bb program

Hey I wanted Donavon to be our Coach in 07 and in 09 but he declined and I still would like for him to be our coach but it’s not going to happen, with that been said go check Donavon’s head coaching record at while at Marshall and Florida and compare it to Drew’s.
I did. Donovan is light years better.

Cal had won nothing when he got here. Drew has a Championship and will be the first coach we have ever hired that had won one. And you cry babies want to cry, no coach will ever suit you guys.......sad

• Haha
Reactions: BluesDaddy
If this is true this will NOT Unite the fan base at all.
That's not on me. If you don't get behind a solid hire, it's on you. Just because it's not YOUR choice...well, means it was never YOUR choice. Get over it( If true), and move on or move ahead. Your call there.. but not in who the coach is nor how the rest of fans should feel about it. Sorry, but life is just hard like that. FWIW, not my choice either but if that's who it is, I can support it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT