ADVERTISEMENT

Sisk just confirmed Drew has been offered

Mitch really did just offer a friend a job, which wouldn't be a huge deal if it weren't KENTUCKY BASKETBALL.

I'd be fine with Drew after every other huge coaching name declined. It seems like Mitch didn't try if true.
Yup unless we are offering them all at the same time but you have to try for the absolute best first.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
Donovan wasn't even offered, per reports. Also, the same report says that Scott Drew was the first call made.
Doesn’t surprise me. It’s in line w Mitch hiring his buddy. I’m sure Mitch has some sour grapes about BD turning him down twice in the past

Reactions: Random UK Fan
If this is true this will NOT Unite the fan base at all.
It will eventually and it would have a month ago. BBN is just caught up in believing every top name would crawl here and guys like Wright, Hurley, and Donovan are begging for the call. We gotta realize some of the top coaches are happy where they are. Hell, I'm sure Hurley hearing Rick all those times saying he never should've left UK might be in the back of his mind as we speak. UConn is Hurley's Kentucky and Donovan probably wants nothing to do with year-long recruiting and portal nonsense coupled with worrying about NIL money for athletes.

It will eventually and it would have a month ago. BBN is just caught up in believing every top name would crawl here and guys like Wright, Hurley, and Donovan are begging for the call. We gotta realize some of the top coaches are happy where they are. Hell, I'm sure Hurley hearing Rick all those times saying he never should've left UK might be in the back of his mind as we speak. UConn is Hurley's Kentucky and Donovan probably wants nothing to do with year-long recruiting and portal nonsense coupled with worrying about NIL money for athletes.

Only if he wins. Fans soured on Tubby and Cal for similar results Drew has had over his career. This could go either way.

Reactions: BluesDaddy
I really don’t care for SD. This gonna suck for a while. We are basically hiring Tony from The Office. BORING.
So instead of us sitting at the TV with a beer, cigars, hotdogs and a chaser of good bourbon to watch the media announcement and welcome presser, we're going to be sitting down in our Sunday best with a glass of milk and 6 Oreos.

Yay.

Useless waste of time and we will be doing the same thing again in five years.

So who is lying about the Hurley stuff?
No one is lying about offering Hurley. He was offered an embarrassingly low offer of 11 million per year so he said **** no. UK should have offered at least 15 million per year with bonuses.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT