ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Travis Perry Numbers

Since somebody already brought Perry up I thought I'd say that I've changed my opinion of his role this year because of Kriisa. I thought Perry might be better off redshirting this year since he'd be third behind 2 fifth year seniors and no use to waste a year on mopup minutes. But now I think the best lineup we can put on the floor is Butler, Kriisa, Robinson, Carr, and Williams. So if we don't want a situation like last year where the best lineup is only on the floor 10 minutes, then somebody other than Kriisa or Butler need to play most of the backup point guard minutes. Who else but Perry? If that happens, then we'll be playing 11 deep(barring injury) and some or all of Garrison, Almonor, and Chandler will play less than 10 minutes per game and everybody might not be happy but...I say just allot the minutes the way it makes the team the best and let winning take care of happiness.

Reactions: westerncat
Since somebody already brought Perry up I thought I'd say that I've changed my opinion of his role this year because of Kriisa. I thought Perry might be better off redshirting this year since he'd be third behind 2 fifth year seniors and no use to waste a year on mopup minutes. But now I think the best lineup we can put on the floor is Butler, Kriisa, Robinson, Carr, and Williams. So if we don't want a situation like last year where the best lineup is only on the floor 10 minutes, then somebody other than Kriisa or Butler need to play most of the backup point guard minutes. Who else but Perry? If that happens, then we'll be playing 11 deep(barring injury) and some or all of Garrison, Almonor, and Chandler will play less than 10 minutes per game and everybody might not be happy but...I say just allot the minutes the way it makes the team the best and let winning take care of happiness.
You don't really need to sub in a pg for either of them though...you could sub in a sg and whichever one isn't getting the breather moves to the one spot. Travis would have to be special to keep this scenario from playing out w/ brea and oweh being fairly talented seniors

You don't really need to sub in a pg for either of them though...you could sub in a sg and whichever one isn't getting the breather moves to the one spot. Travis would have to be special to keep this scenario from playing out w/ brea and oweh being fairly talented seniors
But if you did it that way and they only played 25 mpg each then they'd only play together 8-10 mpg which would not be enough IF they were our best guard combo. One of our main problems last year was that our best 3 players at the 1-3 played together very few minutes even though they got the individual minutes. The combinations that play together matters, imo.

Oweh will be a Junior … but your point is still valid.

I think you’re forgetting about Oweh. He will be the starting SG, IMO, and a potential All-Conference player

Reactions: Mozzie and CGblue
I think you’re forgetting about Oweh. He will be the starting SG, IMO, and a potential All-Conference player
No, not forgetting him. I also think highly of him, just maybe now quite as highly as you. In my opinion, Oweh could play the two through 4 positions and will get his minutes. I think Oweh is definitely one of our top 5 or 6 players at worst but I think, due to the makeup of our roster, we'll need him at forward more than guard. After all, if you consider Oweh a forward, we still have Butler, Kriisa, Perry, Brea, and Chandler for the guard spots. But if Robinson and Carr are the starting forwards, as most predict, then the only backup forwards are Oweh and Almonor, who may turn out to be a 16 mpg player or an 8 mpg player. Since Carr might also get a few minutes per game at center there are plenty of minutes at forward for Oweh.

Last edited:
I know those are zero pressure unguarded numbers but, uh, that's still pretty crazy right?
Especially since his efficiency was crazy, even had 76% perfect shots basically considered in the zone on FT’s. It’s insane it measures that in depth. Left to right, short to long. He made them all, but even more impressive was how he made them. His shots didn’t touch anything but net.

But if you did it that way and they only played 25 mpg each then they'd only play together 8-10 mpg which would not be enough IF they were our best guard combo. One of our main problems last year was that our best 3 players at the 1-3 played together very few minutes even though they got the individual minutes. The combinations that play together matters, imo.
I thing Oweh > Kriisa

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT