ADVERTISEMENT

Travis Perry announcing soon

Yes. There is and it's been stated here and elsewhere many times.

Regardless of how badly he wants to be here as a KY kid, he needs to leverage this as much as possible for NIL. He also needs to make sure it's the right fit for him. Doesn't matter if I or you or anyone else thinks it's a great fit. It's up to him to decide, and we don't even have a roster yet.

We've had a coach for a week. We already have 2 commitments in that time. 1 is from a kid that just met our coach in person for the first time this weekend. This isn't shopping for last minute Christmas presents without a list, like Cal used to do here. We need to adjust as fans, just like everyone should have realized last week.

Im confused, are we agreeing? If he's leveraging for NIL then he's not committed here. He's clearly shopping around, ot at the very best, trying to get more money. And he wouldn't be doing that if he didn't think he could get that money elsehwere.

My point on Perry is that he's not some lock to come here until he says so, and to pretend otherwise is wishful blue-tinted thinking. He would have said he'd be back.

Unless Pope really is not sure he wants him? But I just don't see that lol. He's a KY guy and a top50ish recruit, and exactly what Pope wants. Oh, and if it comes out that Pope threw aside a KY kid, when he has 2 guys kn the roster.. that would be a pretty bad look.

Im confused, are we agreeing? If he's leveraging for NIL then he's not committed here. He's clearly shopping around, ot at the very best, trying to get more money. And he wouldn't be doing that if he didn't think he could get that money elsehwere.

My point on Perry is that he's not some lock to come here until he says so, and to pretend otherwise is wishful blue-tinted thinking. He would have said he'd be back.

Unless Pope really is not sure he wants him? But I just don't see that lol. He's a KY guy and a top50ish recruit, and exactly what Pope wants. Oh, and if it comes out that Pope threw aside a KY kid, when he has 2 guys kn the roster.. that would be a pretty bad look.
All that’s been said is that the whole family (mom included) want to sit down with Pope and make sure everyone is on the same page.

Doesn’t seem unreasonable. Doesn’t mean he’s shopping around or seeking more money.

I mean, he might be. I don’t know. But I’d rather take the family at their word instead of trafficking in unnecessary drama. Must be exhausting.

Perry's NIL options are going to be limited compared to a proven transfer. It's not like a high major is going to come out and throw 500k at the kid.

Obviously, there are overwhelming odds he's at Kentucky next season. Kid was wearing a UK shirt this weekend.

His dad on the podcast posted here , did say all he wants a family visit with Coach Pope reassuring everyone is on the same page .

Reactions: Girthang
His dad on the podcast posted here , did say all he wants a family visit with Coach Pope reassuring everyone is on the same page .
That shouldn't be a problem, with both parents being UK grads and Perry wanting to have KENTUCKY emblazoned across the front of his jersey. This is how you draw it up, it seems to me.

All that’s been said is that the whole family (mom included) want to sit down with Pope and make sure everyone is on the same page.

Doesn’t seem unreasonable. Doesn’t mean he’s shopping around or seeking more money.

I mean, he might be. I don’t know. But I’d rather take the family at their word instead of trafficking in unnecessary drama. Must be exhausting.

I think it's perfectly reasonable. And I still think he's likely going to be a Cat.

But, again.. that doesn't mean he's 100% coming here. People last week just figured he was coming back, and I'm just saying "let's just wait until he commits". I think Perry is at least entertaining the idea that he could go elsewhere.

Im confused,

Yes

are we agreeing?

Dont think so.

If he's leveraging for NIL then he's not committed here.

He's still committed here, for what it's worth, which is always not much in recruiting.

He's clearly shopping around,

Not necessarily.

ot at the very best, trying to get more money.

EXACTLY

And he wouldn't be doing that if he didn't think he could get that money elsehwere.

Sigh....

My point on Perry is that he's not some lock to come here until he says so, and to pretend otherwise is wishful blue-tinted thinking.

I get what you're saying, but I also never said he was a lock to come here. That STILL doesn't mean your next statement is the only logic that follows.

He would have said he'd be back.

I guess you don't negotiate well in general.

OR he's really trying to see how high the NIL offers go without him saying anything... at all... Which is a GREAT strategy on his part. Sometimes in a negotiation, when YOU HOLD the leverage, it's better for your bottom line to say nothing and let the other side work harder to secure your services.

He's already said he's coming here once. He's stayed committed. He's a UK fan. He doesn't NEED TO SPEAK just to make UK fans (that AREN'T ponying up big money) feel better. It really doesn't get any simpler than that.

Yes

Dont think so.

He's still committed here, for what it's worth, which is always not much in recruiting.

Not necessarily.

EXACTLY

Sigh....

I get what you're saying, but I also never said he was a lock to come here. That STILL doesn't mean your next statement is the only logic that follows.

I guess you don't negotiate well in general.

OR he's really trying to see how high the NIL offers go without him saying anything... at all... Which is a GREAT strategy on his part. Sometimes in a negotiation, when YOU HOLD the leverage, it's better for your bottom line to say nothing and let the other side work harder to secure your services.

He's already said he's coming here once. He's stayed committed. He's a UK fan. He doesn't NEED TO SPEAK just to make UK fans (that AREN'T ponying up big money) feel better. It really doesn't get any simpler than that.

I'm not saying YOU said he was a lock. I'm saying that many on here assumed he was just a given to be on the roster next year, simply because he didn't leave yet. "He didn't leave yet, so he's here next year"

I just didn't really buy that, when so far about 12-13 guys just transferred or decommitted.

"Perry acknowledged to reporters Sunday that he remains a Kentucky signee, although it was clear that he plans to have several meetings with Pope before determining his college plans."

In almost any walk of life, be it your job, be it your relationship with your wife, Etc.. that says things aren't 100%, rock solid. Maybe Perry just wants to make sure he has a role in Mark's system. But what if Mark can't guarantee that? Idk feels to me like Perry is keeping another option open. I'm still thinking they will figure it out and he will be here. Relax.

Reactions: Girthang
I'm not saying YOU said he was a lock. I'm saying that many on here assumed he was just a given to be on the roster next year, simply because he didn't leave yet. "He didn't leave yet, so he's here next year"

I just didn't really buy that, when so far about 12-13 guys just transferred or decommitted.

"Perry acknowledged to reporters Sunday that he remains a Kentucky signee, although it was clear that he plans to have several meetings with Pope before determining his college plans."

In almost any walk of life,

Exactly. Except money.

Lol. I'm not the one uptight about not being given a guarantee and reading into it too much. Thanks for the concern

Exactly. Except money.

Lol. I'm not the one uptight about not being given a guarantee and reading into it too much. Thanks for the concern

Lol I'm not either. I just mentioned "Is there a possibility that he's still not 100% sure?" and some people freaked.

Why would an anonymous poster lie about their sex? I like a good conspiracy theory as much as anybody(not really), but that's just crazy.

This b.s. post confirms what I've said to people for 50 years ... Kenton County and Campbell County ought to be in Ohio.
Calling my post bs? Listen, honey, it's not. As a UK fan I'm SHOCKED that so many people up seem to not even know who UK is. It's Kentucky, how could they not know? I just wonder if it's because so many people here are from elsewhere, they come here to work.

Virtually no one is 100% certain of anything.

If you need more than 99% then you picked the wrong reality to exist in.

Shoot, I'm good with a high degree of certainty and can navigate disappointment if something falls through.

Virtually no one is 100% certain of anything.

If you need more than 99% then you picked the wrong reality to exist in.

Shoot, I'm good with a high degree of certainty and can navigate disappointment if something falls through.

I consider Chandler and Amari Williams to be 100%, barring some strange and unforeseen occurrence.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Nonsense, I've known several people who have NEVER been wrong about anything. They even get triggered by hearing the word "wrong".
I can only suggest checking the receipts and then for a bloody cross.

The last perfect person got nailed up for their trouble and I'm confident that there has been no follow up since.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Strange and unforeseen fits nicely in a 1% (or even greater) margin of error.

That's fine. I agree not giving anything a 0 or 100% chance. I still feel much more strongly that nothing crazy is going to happen to flip Chandler and Williams.. than I do about a player who is "close to announcing a final decision soon".

Reactions: Bluegrassking
Perhaps I missed it, but the article doesn't actually say he will be making an announcement - only that he is close to deciding what to do. I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking about a new coach.
Does he want to be an unforgetable or not?

I hope that article was nonsense. Perry fits Pope’s style to a T, if I’m him no way do I not go to my dream school. If it is in fact his dream to play at UK.

I hope that article was nonsense. Perry fits Pope’s style to a T, if I’m him no way do I not go to my dream school. If it is in fact his dream to play at UK.
Few folks getting worked up. He isn’t going anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT