ADVERTISEMENT

Pope mic'd up. Longer practice video

Wow! We have a coach who speaks in complete sentences. If nothing else, the guys will understand what they are supposed to do besides go, go, go, go or run, run, run.
Did Matt Jones start this Go… Run nonsense that y’all keep repeating like mindless sheep? I’ve watched every UK basketball game for the entire 15 years and that ain’t the takeaway. Y’all are incapable of complimenting Pope without bringing up Cal. Shows how fake these compliments are.

Did Matt Jones start this Go… Run nonsense that y’all keep repeating like mindless sheep? I’ve watched every UK basketball game for the entire 15 years and that ain’t the takeaway. Y’all are incapable of complimenting Pope without bringing up Cal. Shows how fake these compliments are.

Thanks for joining yesterday to scold us about a long-running gag about Cal. Are you an Arkansas fan or one of the remaining Cal fans?

Have you been to a game at Rupp in the last 15 years? If you have, you can clearly hear Cal yelling "GOOOOOOO" and "RUUUNNNN" from any seat in the arena at various points in a game.

Thanks for joining yesterday to scold us about a long-running gag about Cal. Are you an Arkansas fan or one of the remaining Cal fans?

Have you been to a game at Rupp in the last 15 years? If you have, you can clearly hear Cal yelling "GOOOOOOO" and "RUUUNNNN" from any seat in the arena at various points in a game.
That's the troll with the mental disorder. Best to just look for new accounts and put them on ignore.

I’m a Kentucky fan. Always have been, always will be. I’m not an unhinged weirdo obsessed with the former coach. I’m not a parasite that’s so toxic that our fanbase is seen as the number 1 negative issue when hiring a coach. I support coach Pope and will not be turning on him like you eventually will like every other UK basketball coach of the last 50 years. I am also capable of giving Mark Pope genuine compliments without making it about Cal.

Pope has a soothing tone. So different than the shrieking Cal.
I'm so loving the complete sentences like another poster said. That ish drives me so damn batty and Cow was the worst I've ever seen. It's like our teams reflected that stuttering mindset like oh hey we got something going that means something then wtf just happened and on to something stupid af.

Reactions: MidseasonTweak
It was made out clearly in just about every single game.

Reactions: BigBlueTrue75
That's the troll with the mental disorder. Best to just look for new accounts and put them on ignore.
Sad it's come to that because we all started here with zero posts, but the trolls are so obvious. If someone has something good to say then great. Let's see what else you got. Come on here and the first thing you do is trash posters from the jump? Get lost nerd.

What I loved hearing most was "early help, early recover, showing help right here". Pope just taught the big guys more about how to hedge on pick and roll defense than I have seen out of the last guy in 15 years.

If he can fix our pick and roll defense for our bigs, we win a lot more games.

And, how about those complete sentences?? Amazing!!!
Affirmative. And the thing where he tucked the ball behind his ear on the.post.move
That is attention to detail.
Or, we could GOOOOO or RUUUUN.
I⁸M GOOD.

And on tv.... if they haven't heard Cal yell go and run on TV atleast 5 million times over his kentucky tenure they aren't real fans because they didn't watch the games like that. Willing to bet I can pull highlights of almost any game off of youtube in the Cal era and will most likely easily be able to find it.

Last edited:
pool-cold.gif
"Like a scared turtle..."

I’m a Kentucky fan. Always have been, always will be. I’m not an unhinged weirdo obsessed with the former coach. I’m not a parasite that’s so toxic that our fanbase is seen as the number 1 negative issue when hiring a coach. I support coach Pope and will not be turning on him like you eventually will like every other UK basketball coach of the last 50 years. I am also capable of giving Mark Pope genuine compliments without making it about Cal.
If you are truly a UK fan, NOW would be a great time to post something positive about OUR coach. Instead of jumping on members of BBN who are smart enough to recognize Cal's weaknesses as a basketball coach and have been calling him out as the fraud he is for several years.

Start by saying this pledge:

I pledge allegiance
To the UK BASKETBALL PROGRAM
And to Coach Mark Pope
For WHICH HE STANDS
And to the the BBN
One fanbase, undivided, with victory and national championships for all.

Now take your hat off and stand for the national anthem.

• Love
Is that you Cal? You should focus on slaughtering hoggs and stop worrying about how much we dislike you. You are wasting your time coming here for compliments. You only have a few remaining sheep on this site. Lol

If you are truly a UK fan, NOW would be a great time to post something positive about OUR coach. Instead of jumping on members of BBN who are smart enough to recognize Cal's weaknesses as a basketball coach and have been calling him out as the fraud he is for several years.

Start by saying this pledge:

I pledge allegiance
To the UK BASKETBALL PROGRAM
And to Coach Mark Pope
For WHICH HE STANDS
And to the the BBN
One fanbase, undivided, with victory and national championships for all.

Now take your hat off and stand for the national anthem.
I agree with most of your take. Cal has weaknesses as a Coach, most coach's do. Some of his are glaring and stubbornness has turned him into a less effective coach. X and Os aren't great, he should always have a great mind on his staff, adjustments are terrible, tourny time he is getting tighter than well u know. It's worse now and carries over to the players as usual
Saying that, he has been successful in his career, a national title and several FF including at Memphis and UMass, several 30 win seasons, he has been INDICTED into basketball Hall of fame, so there has been success and at Ky there were years we were happier than a hog in mud to have him. Pun intended. It was time to part ways. As far as standing for the national anthem, the Constitution First amendment grants you the right to kneel. Men died in wars on foreign lands so that people could have the freedom to peacefully protest ant way they choose. I don't agree with it, doesn't mean it's wrong though. Have a great day and GBB

I agree with most of your take. Cal has weaknesses as a Coach, most coach's do. Some of his are glaring and stubbornness has turned him into a less effective coach. X and Os aren't great, he should always have a great mind on his staff, adjustments are terrible, tourny time he is getting tighter than well u know. It's worse now and carries over to the players as usual
Saying that, he has been successful in his career, a national title and several FF including at Memphis and UMass, several 30 win seasons, he has been INDICTED into basketball Hall of fame, so there has been success and at Ky there were years we were happier than a hog in mud to have him. Pun intended. It was time to part ways. As far as standing for the national anthem, the Constitution First amendment grants you the right to kneel. Men died in wars on foreign lands so that people could have the freedom to peacefully protest ant way they choose. I don't agree with it, doesn't mean it's wrong though. Have a great day and GBB
The point is, Cal is no longer OUR COACH!!!
And there are legitimate reasons for that.

Mark Pope is now the UK basketball coach. Some "Cal only" or "Cal first" fans just can't accept the fact Cal CHOSE to leave UK.

The sooner everyone moves on from the divisiveness that Cal brought to the UK fanbase the better off everyone will be.

I am amazed at the mental stronghold Cal has on some of our fans.

P.S. As far as standing for the national anthem, you obviously missed the humor part of my post. ......

Cal should be indicted...for theft.

And let's not get started on the kneeling stuff. I don't think was the poster's intent by saying Mark Pope stands for us.

Cal should be indicted...for theft.

And let's not get started on the kneeling stuff. I don't think was the poster's intent by saying Mark Pope stands for us.
You are worried about the kneeling as opposed to why they were kneeling. It is all about cause and effect. If the events that precipitated kneeling didn't occur, there would never have been a need for kneeling. Since that didn't affect you, you didn't care about those events. You just want to complain about it.

Last edited:
You are worried about the kneeling as opposed to why they were kneeling. It is all about cause and effect. If the events that precipitated kneeling didn't occur, there would never have been a need for kneeling. Since that didn't affect you, you didn't care about those events.
Take it to the political board. I should have known some moron would not comprehend my very simple words. Shouldn't have been hard. Again take it to the political board.

Take it to the political board. I should have known some moron would not comprehend my very simple words. Shouldn't have been hard. Again take it to the political board.
You are the one who initiated it. I simply responded to it as I will continue doing if you put more of this crap on this board. You don't have to like it; you just have to deal with it.

You are the one who initiated it. I simply responded to it as I will continue doing if you put more of this crap on this board. You don't have to like it; you just have to deal with it.
I didn't initiate anything. JC Cats brought up kneeling. Go back and reread it. Then if you want to keep talking about kneeling go to the political forum. I was very careful not to really say anything about it. I only said Cathouse wasn't even talking about kneeling. You're just looking for something to be outraged about. Typical.

I didn't initiate anything. JC Cats brought up kneeling. Go back and reread it. Then if you want to keep talking about kneeling go to the political forum. I was very careful not to really say anything about it. I only said Cathouse wasn't even talking about kneeling. You're just looking for something to be outraged about. Typical.
I will make this really simple for you. GET LOST!! Until you become a mod, you have no control over what I post.

I stand behind what I posted and I don't care how you feel about it. It is amazing how some of you think you are the only ones who are allowed to be outraged about something. For weeks now, this board has been inundated by a topic that had nothing to do with UK sports and I don't recall a single post from you stating that it should go to the political board. Even if you didn't initiate it, you included it in your post when you didn't have to. GET OVER YOURSELF!

I will make this really simple for you. GET LOST!! Until you become a mod, you have no control over what I post.

I stand behind what I posted and I don't care how you feel about it. It is amazing how some of you think you are the only ones who are allowed to be outraged about something. For weeks now, this board has been inundated by a topic that had nothing to do with UK sports and I don't recall a single post from you stating that it should go to the political board. Even if you didn't initiate it, you included it in your post when you didn't have to. GET OVER YOURSELF!
Oh I'm sorry! I didn't realize you were intellectually disabled. No wonder you can't understand what I'm saying. But please, carry on with your outrage. You look silly btw

Oh I'm sorry! I didn't realize you were intellectually disabled. No wonder you can't understand what I'm saying. But please, carry on with your outrage. You look silly btw
Yes, I agree that you are "sorry!" Because you were bounced on your head at birth, you think your abnormal behavior is normal or you mistakenly think you have the ability to normalize lunacy. YOU DON'T!!

Wrong, 🤡. Bringing Cal up shows contrast between how good we have it now versus how awful it was when Cow was here. That's why Cal begged to the media for everyone to let him be in peace at Arkansas.
Most certainly indeed another thing giving away the real cow is the fact he intentionally let the information slip during the title game so he could get more attention than everybody. After 15 years we really got tired of that cluster B ice wipe, and Cow is obsessed with his image doing media control.

Last edited:
Reactions: NociHTTP
I’m really glad he’s teaching them to stay in bounds. Obviously that is something that wasn’t taught to Isaiah Briscoe. 🤣

Yes, I agree that you are "sorry!" Because you were bounced on your head at birth, you think your abnormal behavior is normal or you mistakenly think you have the ability to normalize lunacy. YOU DON'T!!
I most assuredly cannot normalize lunacy. I've tried to normalize you and there's no doing it.
What is your problem? Calm down, reread what has been written, understand it (if possible for you), and surely you'll see you are in error.
Do you speak to people in real life as you're doing it on here? I can't believe that you do. You wouldn't survive it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT