ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: MJ says it’s all on Mitch concerning Cal’s future

Man, we’re in weird times

BBN: Man this sucks. We’ve got to do something!
BBN: Agreed let’s fire Cal. It’s logistically possible.
Also BBN: Now wait a minute……

Reactions: Ukgold
No more lectures, no more peacocking after you beat a historically bad program on the road in Auburn. No more chicken shit coaching and early 2000s coaching philosophy, Barnhart please we are begging you
The amount of posters that would Peacock after beating Valdosta School for the Criminally Insane always made me go wtf! The Cal slurpers.

I dont want Wright. He's as old as Cal. And who said anything about Stevens?
Brad Stevens' name ALWAYS comes up in these are you kidding ? He's an unrealistic as Hurley .

Who you don't want is sweaty Pearl . I don't even think Drew would come tbh

Elite?!?!? You serious?

1 conference title, advanced past first weekend in NCAAT once.
The big 12 is a better basketball conference than the SEC. And you gotta remember he’s at Baylor. Not exactly a big time basketball program. If we were in that conference we would never win it either. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen Big 12 officials screw teams over to make sure Kansas won ball games.

Jones has spent years saying “Cal is going nowhere. Who’s paying the buyout?” Then Andy Staples says there’s no upfront money due and can be paid in installments and suddenly Jones is all over it. Tells me a couple of things: he never read the contract, and as usual, he’s quick to jump on news someone else provides.

Cal has surely underperformed. But to be honest I don’t have a lot of confidence in any viable candidate out there. Kentucky basketball is at a crossroads.

Yup. Take Matt Jones with a grain of salt. He’s made quite a career out of pilfering other peoples info.

Reactions: RipThru
I think Matt’s post makes it clear Cal is done.
1. Mitch wouldn’t come out with a vote of confidence for Cal - it would destroy Cal’s ego
2. If he’s making comments about Monday - if not sooner, the decision is already made…they are just working out the details on Cal’s golden parachute and saving his image.
3. Refer to point #1 - the ONLY announcement we would make is a change

uhoh-on-fire.gif
Wow, I remember that skit. Funny as hell.

• Haha
Reactions: Mike-D and catben
Jones has spent years saying “Cal is going nowhere. Who’s paying the buyout?” Then Andy Staples says there’s no upfront money due and can be paid in installments and suddenly Jones is all over it. Tells me a couple of things: he never read the contract, and as usual, he’s quick to jump on news someone else provides.

Cal has surely underperformed. But to be honest I don’t have a lot of confidence in any viable candidate out there. Kentucky basketball is at a crossroads.
Confidence to do what exactly,win 1 NCAA game in 4 years,1 SEC tourney win in 4 years,no SEC titles in 6. You act like we are still in the penthouse fella ,I got news for you ,we are in the outhouse. Nearly ANYBODY we consider could improve on that.

Reactions: ukfan041
Pearl will not even be considered IMO as he has to much baggage with the NCAA and I don't see Mitch making the decision by himself on the next coach if he fires Calipari .

Reactions: catben
Why don’t you like Scott Drew

I think he’s a phony like Cal. Just takes a different tact about it. He’s done plenty of shady things at Baylor. I don’t particularly think he’s a good x’s and o’s guy although anyone is an upgrade over Cal there. I also don’t want Mitch selecting him just because they share the same beliefs or values. I just think there are several better options.

Reactions: JFCats22
If it’s up to Mitch then I would think the money is there to get rid of Cal. If that’s the case what possible reason would Mitch have to keep Cal? Seems like a no brainer.
It is the easier of his two options.

That lifetime contract has worked well for Mitch as much as for Cal.

That lifetime contract has given MB an excuse not to address issues with Cal.

Reactions: Ukgold
Love that all of a sudden we’ve got some distance between yet another NCAAT loss that shouldn’t happen and already people are getting iffy about letting Cal go.

If he can’t win with a Number 1 recruiting class, two potential lottery picks, AND a Kentucky legacy kid who is a damn good ball player, ITS NOT HAPPENING.

Cal is NOT UK Basketball. We were good before him, good during him and we will be good after him. Cut the cord. It’s time to move on.

After some mulling (and stewing), I'm down with anybody but Pearl. Oats, Drew, whatever. Get this thing changed out.
I’m conflicted on it. Some coaches, I think this job and its resources would really help them as a coach and would do a lot better and then I also realize that some guys can’t handle the pressure of a big time job. That’s why I’ve been leaning towards wanting Billy Donovan.

When Roy left, Kansas, it wasn’t the lame duck A.D. who replaced him with Self. It was Dana Anderson our top booster with other boosters. I suspect if Kentucky has boosters putting together money, they’re gonna have a say, and who replaces Calipari.

Pearl and Oats aren’t the answers. I’m kinda leary of Drew also although I think he’s better than the other two. It suck there’s no possibility of Donovan or Wright.

Brad Stevens' name ALWAYS comes up in these are you kidding ? He's an unrealistic as Hurley .

Who you don't want is sweaty Pearl . I don't even think Drew would come tbh
Brad Steven’s is the most unrealistic name that comes up. If someone mentions him just know they are very dumb.

The man is the president of basketball operations for the Boston Celtics. Once again if you bring him up you are showing your ignorance.

Yes, very true. Myfear is we hire someone like Scott Drew that can’t get it done here every year as well. If we do that, where does that get us?
It gets us to a place where we'd be stuck with him because we wont be paying the buyouts of two coaches and the salary for Drew's replacement. It's a doomsday scenario not enough people are worried about.

It's why Payne got a second year and Woodson is returning next year. Having to pay too many buyouts because you keep firing coaches is exactly what kills a program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT