ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP Lanier to UT

Cool, let’s get Robinson.

Lanier is a good player, don’t get me wrong. But we have more guard power than forward/versatile pieces so Robinson is the better fit as a scorer and Swiss Army knife if it’s one or the other
I agree

Now I will say this, they absolutely do need to get one of Robinson or poplar, or a draft guy who comes back. They need somebody, but it isn’t doom and gloom end of the world stuff.
Bass seems to think it's funny I said Robinson will visit Kansas but Trilly also said they are after him hard.

Reactions: UKortho
I don't know how long it's going to take all of you. The fact is we aren't getting the NIL support from boosters that the teams with elite rosters are getting. plain and simple. Everyone who lied to us and said we do is just trying to string the con on for longer so they can extract more money from us.
For the record, BYU was biggest offer on the table. Well into 7 figures, UK low 7 figures, UT high 6 figures.

Now I will say this, they absolutely do need to get one of Robinson or poplar, or a draft guy who comes back. They need somebody, but it isn’t doom and gloom end of the world stuff.
No argument here at all. We have 11 currently. We need to finish the roster off by adding solid players. Robinson and Poplar fit the bill.
Out of curiosity, I wonder why we didn't pursue JT Toppin or Tazarian White...if I spelled his name wrong I apologize

No argument here at all. We have 11 currently. We need to finish the roster off by adding solid players. Robinson and Poplar fit the bill.
Out of curiosity, I wonder why we didn't pursue JT Toppin or Tazarian White...if I spelled his name wrong I apologize
No clue, I like toppin, he can’t shoot but he plays extremely hard. If Jaylen wells comes back I want Kentucky to go after him, he is better than laneir, poplar, and Robinson. The white guy I honestly have no clue on him. But let’s get Robinson or poplar or both and let’s get this team locked down.

Would you take BYU's roster or ours right now if you could choose? Be honest.

Also, you pulled those numbers out of your ass. You don't know that and they're definitely not accurate.
That's straight from the mouth of his buddy Jakobi (who got 1.2 over 2 years to go to Maryland). They played AAU together.

Same numbers were reported by writers on volquest this morning

Reactions: readmorevols
I had a feeling this is how it was going to go once a Vols visit was 100% confirmed. We offered more money and he still chose them. We just couldn’t overcome an unknown coaching commodity against a HOF coach. From what I’ve read, Barnes helping turn Knecht into a lottery pick was huge in this one.

Hopefully next year these kids will have a change of heart once it’s known if Pope can coach at this level.

No clue, I like toppin, he can’t shoot but he plays extremely hard. If Jaylen wells comes back I want Kentucky to go after him, he is better than laneir, poplar, and Robinson. The white guy I honestly have no clue on him. But let’s get Robinson or poplar or both and let’s get this team locked down.
I agree about Wells I'd love to get him but I've heard nothing about any interest in us on his part. He's a really good player.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
No big surprise, likely used UK to leverage a few more bucks from the Vols.
Now let's go get Robinson and Poplar. We have 2 spots left.
We'll greet the clown when we see him. Maybe he'll forget to get a haircut, and won't see what's coming.

We'll greet the clown when we see him. Maybe he'll forget to get a haircut, and won't see what's coming.
He's a good player, he chose UT over us and BYU but reality is it was UT from the start. I'm not worried about him when we play UT.
Put a lock down defender on him and make him earn everything. He's not at North Florida now.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I like how people put down Lanier for being from a small school while our best player was Reeves who came from a small school plus many of our guys next season come from small schools.

Reactions: UKortho
if only joe adams ever had good info id feel good about that.....i think general consensus is we are in good shape with robinson....dont need fake insider to be told that
Same, it’s just Adams is wrong almost everytime. Still think Kentucky gets Robinson or poplar

We both missed on him and it’s fine. We took a shot at a player from Tennessee who’s been going back there since last season.

At the same time the kid is not like Dalton, who I was highly pissed off we didn’t go after last year. We probably would have had him too, but our inept coach didn’t even look his way because of Wagner.

This isn’t a huge blow Lanier is not a superstar player. A simple look at the teams he torched last season shows it. I think he’ll be a good player for UT not great, we need Robinson though. Of Tennessee is expecting another Dalton Knecht then good luck with that because that’s not what Lanier is.

I like how people put down Lanier for being from a small school while our best player was Reeves who came from a small school plus many of our guys next season come from small schools.
Not putting him down at all because he is from North Florida. He blowed up last season compared to what he had done at North Florida prior to last season.
As for Reeves, he played at Illinois State which if I'm correct is in the Missouri Valley conference which is a better conference.
Lanier is good, I'm sure we are going to see just how good...or if it was a dodged bullet.

Reactions: BassProCat
Look at the level of trolling by this guy. Throwing out numbers he doesn’t know and responding to himself. Definitely a UT or UL fan having some fun. Why it’s allowed but others aren’t makes no sense.

Not putting him down at all because he is from North Florida. He blowed up last season compared to what he had done at North Florida prior to last season.
As for Reeves, he played at Illinois State which if I'm correct is in the Missouri Valley conference which is a better conference.
Lanier is good, I'm sure we are going to see just how good...or if it was a dodged bullet.
You realize we have a guy from Drexel as our starting center?

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
Lanier is good and it is a miss, but if they Robinson or poplar or whoever it’s not a huge miss

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT